Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
news

Lady Gaga battled through pain and got treatment mid-show before cancelling

Irrelevant

Featured Posts

Irrelevant

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5495004/lady-gaga-battled-pain-birmingham-joanne-tour-cancelled/

I can also reveal that the prospect of ­cancelling her remaining dates — which had already been rescheduled after being ­postponed on health grounds last year — was first considered a week ago.

Following the Grammys in LA on Sunday, it was thought Gaga had not fully recovered from a debilitating bout of fibromyalgia, a condition that causes pain all over the body.

As a result, she moved the recording of her tour DVD from London’s O2 — where she should have been tonight — to Wednesday’s show in Birmingham as a precaution. The source continued: “After it became apparent that Gaga’s health was failing, her team ­organised crisis talks.

“Tour DVDs are very lucrative and everyone knew that if Gaga had to cancel her dates then they’d lose out on millions of pounds. They couldn’t face missing out on more.

Spoiler

sry if AP like a million times also idk what tag to put this under im such a flop

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss

Some fans are already annoyed they spent money on travel and accommodation and now it turns out they knew a week before that the last shows might get cancelled as we suspected. They were just thinking about their own millions. I know Lady Gaga is a business and I'm not stirring the pot but a heads up to the fans would have been nice. 

But I do care about what Gaga is going through and I wish her a fast recovery and less pain for the future 

Aaaargh, that title cut. "Lady Gaga battled through pain and got...". You had me really excited for a few seconds. Maybe I'm to desperate :laughga:

But I really hope there's gonna be a DVD and I think it's very likely.

AlexanderMagno

I don't understand why sometimes she goes slow, and sometimes she stretches herself to the limit. She's been saying she needs to rest and take it easy since the hip injury, and sometimes she does it, sometimes she doesn't.

If they knew she was getting sick and injured, I wish they would have announced it sooner.

ryanripley

i don't see why people are mad she didn't cancel a week ago, there would be no DVD and a few thousand extra angry fans

she pushed herself to give you the most when she could sense the end

@Benguan what's funny? :oprah: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Damn, it's a shame to hear she was struggling mid-show, would have probably taken the fun out of performing for her.

I was meant to go to the Cologne show (having booked flights/hotels twice) and yesterday's news really disappointed me, but on reflection I'd rather she just stop and relax than trying to force herself to do the last concerts. Ironically, I was in Birmingham and considered getting the concert tickets for the two arenas there.

While I hope the management take some responsibility for exhausting her, I also hope she realises deep down that she needs to adapt her lifestyle, instead of forcing her body to act like 2009 Gaga. She's a perfectionist, which as we have discovered has some downsides.

But the fans will stick around no matter what. :firega:

Daenerys

I would have never thought the pain would have gotten this bad for her. It’s so heartbreaking. You’d think the time between artRAVE  and now would have been such a good recovery time for her. 

I wonder how bad it was when she was filming Ahs Hotel and doing the CTC tour, if it were like it was now I wonder why they didn’t express it as much as theyre doing now.... 

now with the closure of the Joanne era I’m praying that she takes this time to fully 100% heal. 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen

nattuggla
5 hours ago, PussyGlam said:

Some fans are already annoyed they spent money on travel and accommodation and now it turns out they knew a week before that the last shows might get cancelled as we suspected. They were just thinking about their own millions. I know Lady Gaga is a business and I'm not stirring the pot but a heads up to the fans would have been nice. 

It wouldn't have made a difference for me if I knew one week ago or not(I booked flight and accommodation already a long time ago) and I bet the majority who are traveling from further away also needing to buy plane tickets and accommodations also planning things in advance as prices get more expensive if you book it closer to your date. 

In the end going to a concert is a luxury you either take or not and concerts getting cancelled or postponed is a risk that I gladly took when I booked my flight and accommodation and I was aware of that....

Batwings
6 minutes ago, Marcel said:

That‘s Money Honey 

Stefani, you suck :bye:

You can honestly burn in hell.

ryanripley
Just now, nattuggla said:

It wouldn't have made a difference for me if I knew one week ago or not(I booked flight and accommodation already a long time ago) and I bet the majority who are traveling from further away also needing to buy plane tickets and accommodations also planning things in advance as prices get more expensive the closer you book it closer to your date. 

In the end going to a concert is a luxury and concerts getting cancelled or postponed is a risk that a gladly took when I booked my flight and accommodation I was aware of that....

plus if the crowd knew, people may have refunded and the atmosphere may have been dull for the DVD

ryanripley
7 minutes ago, Marcel said:

That‘s Money Honey 

Stefani, you suck :bye:

???

lauramonster

So... I can't see how saying "Monsters I'm gonna do tonight's show and I'm gonna give my 300% but I'll cancel the tour next week. XOXO." would have been better :toofunny:. She tried and she obviously couldn't keep touring. Glad she was able to record the DVD though

Archived