💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rose McGowen “melts down” at Barnes & Noble bookstore

Edonis

Featured Posts

Glamourpuss
6 hours ago, derpmonster said:

She is one of "us". A trans woman is a woman. Not recognizing that is transphobia. Womanhood is not reducible to biology because it is partly a socially constructed entity.

That's what I'm saying. I recognise a trans woman as one of us. But she herself was behaving like she wasn't one of us by hurling abuse at a woman who is standing up for all women everywhere. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeleteMyAccount
10 hours ago, shoful said:

These people are both ****ing psychotic. :ladyhaha:

So many people in this world are absolutely nuts :saladga:

She needs help. Not being shady, but I've been places where my mind would go dark and I'd go off on people. I can relate. Hopefully she can get better.

1 hour ago, Andy McQueen said:

Quote from Wikipedia:
_
In a 2011 interview, McGowan talked about her experience working with director Victor Salva, who is a convicted child molester and child ****ography maker, on the 2011 film Rosewood Lane. She said, "I still don’t really understand the whole story or history there, and I’d rather not, because it’s not really my business. But he’s an incredibly sweet and gentle man.
- - -

WHO is the hypocrite here, hm? 

She addresses that here

FreePalestine

Edonis

And the backlash on social media begins: 

https://t.co/W6TulsOycy

Granted this is Twitter, but I’m wondering if she’ll address this. There are some pretty harsh/rude ones out there but it would be distasteful to post them. Going through the comments, it seems the public is on the trans woman’s side. 

Thoughts? 

She was attacked first. The trans woman was definitely entitled. Why are we so desperate to fit the struggles of trans women with biological women together? Yes they have similar struggles, but they don’t have the same struggle. You can’t expect a biological woman to understand the struggle of a trans woman. It’s like trying to fit black people and Latinos in one category because they are both minorities. That trans woman was wrong. 

13 hours ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

What don't you agree with?

I don't agree with comparing a victim of rape to her rapist. I don't believe that Rose's "problematic" public comments are comparable to the decades of violent sexual crimes and intimation committed against women by Harvey Weinstien.

Sepsami

She should've just sent her out instead of this pointless arguing :awkney:

She's cringy I'm sorry :awkney:

And the way she loses it after the woman already left is :awkney::awkney::awkney::awkney::awkney: 

FATCAT

Mess, she seems unhinged towards the end. That black/white/purple thing was blind racism. That "I'm ****ing brave" bullshit was so cringey.

Purr more, hiss less.

StrawberryBlond

She may be going over the top but I understand her rage, especially the whole labelling thing. There's a place for the trans discussion and this was not it. I'd like to see a more extensive piece on what she thinks of transwomen. The fact she says: "the stats are almost identical and if you break it down, it's a much smaller population" is something that I'd like to see expanded on. The thing is, if transwomen want to be seen as much a woman as a biological woman, then why should they want to separate themselves? Can't we just fight together? Why do we have to separate ourselves into trans feminists and cis feminists? Black feminists and white feminists? Lesbian feminists and straight feminists? Girlie feminists and butch feminists? We're all women together. When an already oppressed group starts in-fighting and separating themselves, it'll never achieve s**t.

47 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

That black/white/purple thing was blind racism.

No, what she was meaning that she hates it when people try to invalidate someone's opinion because in their eyes, they're not the "right" race to be saying such a thing. And certainly, there's been a big backlash towards any white feminist these days, insisting that their brand of feminism is solely for white women, even labelling it "white feminism." Which is ironic because every white feminist I know is wanting change for all women. If anything, black feminism is even more exclusive because it doesn't want to deal with anyone who isn't black. They demand special focus and treatment for being black women specifically which irks me to no end. You never find these women wanting to talk about the fetishization white women endure from non-white men, for example, but wax lyrical about the fetishization they get from white men. Fetishization happens to all racial groups and is not acceptable to be endured by any race, but no, apparently, it's an issue white women cannot relate to and any white woman who does claim its happened to her is silenced. Some feminism that is.

Eighteen

i feel like people aren't inclined to have debates anymore. like when somebody comes in with a different point of view or some kind of criticism, the best thing to do is to calmly engage with them and put your best foot forward, not throw them out or walk away.

and additionally, from the other point of view, not every place is a forum for debate. i mean obviously rose was there to give a talk, not be heckled. 

Archived