💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Kim Petras

Eros92

Featured Posts

Just found out about her today! Love her already! Love the 80's sythy bops! Two of my affronts are IDWIAA and HB! And her newest single "Heart to Break" leaked today and is AMAZING. 

N3lJYl8.jpg

freebit

Her music is so cute, it's very Gwen Stefani/Cyndi Lauper, and also kind reminds me of Gaga when she did Boys Boys Boys and all those other super girly, care-free songs on The Fame, but I hate that Dr. Puke is producing her music because I REALLY don't want to support him. Hillside Boys is adorable, but ugh:saladga: He doesn't deserve the pennies from my streams. 

Anyway, she also kind of reminds me Poppy and Charli too. I feel like if there's anyone who could actually do PC music and make it less obnoxious and more palatable to the masses, it's her. She just has that charisma, and can obviously write a great pop song. She's also got a good style and aesthetic going too. And again, it's a shame who she's affiliated with. 

Hoeanne
4 minutes ago, Eros92 said:

I'm still gonna bop and support her. :lolly:

Yeah Dr. Luke is trash but I mean again, separate the music from the person. 

You can't simultaneously support someone and separate their music from them. Besides, not only does he see personal financial gain every time some buys/streams her songs, if the industry sees that he can be profitable they will overlook the fact that whenever he is left in charge of a woman he abuses and controls them because the industry is full of spineless, amoral a-holes. Hell, he's probably already abusing her.

15 minutes ago, Hoeanne said:

You can't simultaneously support someone and separate their music from them. Besides, not only does he see personal financial gain every time some buys/streams her songs, if the industry sees that he can be profitable they will overlook the fact that whenever he is left in charge of a woman he abuses and controls them because the industry is full of spineless, amoral a-holes. Hell, he's probably already abusing her.

I mean sure I can. I'm supporting the artist Kim. I don't support Luke. And frankly I'm not buying this music anyways so Luke isn't getting my coins. I think it's unfair to to not support Kim just because she's working with Luke. 

Hoeanne
2 minutes ago, Eros92 said:

I mean sure I can. I'm supporting the artist Kim. I don't support Luke. And frankly I'm not buying this music anyways so Luke isn't getting my coins. I think it's unfair to to not support Kim just because she's working with Luke. 

It’s entirely fair to not support her because she decided to work with a known rapist and abuser. And DL is almost certainly getting your coins because, unless you’ve illegally downloaded these songs and aren’t streaming them on Spotify/Apple Music/YouTube, he’s getting royalties every time you listen to them.

I know I sound like a pedantic kill joy but ignoring this kinda stuff is how we let abusersers stay in power and therefore let them abuse even more people.

3 minutes ago, Hoeanne said:

It’s entirely fair to not support her because she decided to work with a known rapist and abuser. And DL is almost certainly getting your coins because, unless you’ve illegally downloaded these songs and aren’t streaming them on Spotify/Apple Music/YouTube, he’s getting royalties every time you listen to them.

I know I sound like a pedantic kill joy but ignoring this kinda stuff is how we let abusersers stay in power and therefore let them abuse even more people.

That would be how I did it...:trollga:

I mean you're not being a kill joy you're just expressing your opinion. I enjoy Kims work and I'm excited to see where she goes in the future. 

Hoeanne
10 minutes ago, Eros92 said:

That would be how I did it...:trollga:

I mean you're not being a kill joy you're just expressing your opinion. I enjoy Kims work and I'm excited to see where she goes in the future. 

Oh. Well then, by all means, enjoy! I'll just say that I'll be a bit more... cautious with her than you are. But as long as Luke isn't getting your money chase your bliss.

• 2 weeks later...
sweet spot

i love her!! her voice is extremely equal to charlis at the point i cant tell whos singing each verse on unlock it :toofunny:

Magneto

I can like the artist and the songs, but I can only handle so many singles. Where is the album?! That goes for you too, Noah and Tinashe:awkney:

Free my mind

• 11 months later...
misunderstood

Hey Petranators, I'm so hyped for the 3 track package on the 7th. Love Kim, she slayed as Troye's opener, me and my friend were LIVING.

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Archived