Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

ALL Charts Discussion

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

ArtGagaPop
10 minutes ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

this version with a killer video would have been the highlight from the era , ugh :giveup:

just imagine, push for both versions in early 2014 and videos for both :giveup:. Do what u want are one of those songs that really showed big potential and could gone #1 with the right tactic but got butcherd by her own label :selena:

DWUW, TEOG, The cure and MR will forever be songs of gagas single that could easily done alot better if treated right. I feel like most other underpeformances were understandable and did bad because of people just not connecting with the songs or released to late (MTN, G.U.Y), but these 4 could done so much better if just managed right :nails:

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nattuggla

Just a question.... Do you really think that releasing the DWUW video would have hurt Gaga's brand much more than helped her? I am still indecisive about it...... 

ryanripley
Just now, nattuggla said:

Just a question.... Do you really think that releasing the DWUW video would have hurt Gaga's brand more than helped her? I am still indecisive about it...... 

i say hurt because she still gets called out for collaborating with r kelly in the first place (and she didn't really help herself working with richardson in 2015 though :rip:)

but i'm more a better safe than sorry person :shrug: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Doncho
1 minute ago, nattuggla said:

Just a question.... Do you really think that releasing the DWUW video would have hurt Gaga's brand much more than helped her? I am still indecisive about it...... 

Im sure the video was actually good but yeah... the backlash would be REAL. Imagine singing TIHTY after releasing that video... :selena:

I still want to see it, though!

TheRoof
1 minute ago, nattuggla said:

imo yes, right now with that shity trend of complain about EVERYTHING..... the whole TIHTY campaign would be dragged 

and it would be more difficult to gain the GP.

ryanripley
1 minute ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

imo yes, right now with that shity trend of complain about EVERYTHING..... the whole TIHTY campaign would be dragged 

and it would be more difficult to gain the GP.

exactly, even when Angel Down came out people were coming for her on twitter :rip: 

granted they're a minority but there is a culture on twitter where people will complain over nothing :selena: look at how many times that picture of gaga with blackface fans keeps resurfacing :deadbanana:

even when she tried to ask these people to educate her, they were offended :deadbanana: 

Ronk
10 minutes ago, ArtGagaPop said:

just imagine, push for both versions in early 2014 and videos for both :giveup:. Do what u want are one of those songs that really showed big potential and could gone #1 with the right tactic but got butcherd by her own label :selena:

DWUW, TEOG, The cure and MR will forever be songs of gagas single that could easily done alot better if treated right. I feel like most other underpeformances were understandable and did bad because of people just not connecting with the songs or released to late (MTN, G.U.Y), but these 4 could done so much better if just managed right :nails:

To me, the version with xtina is the single for DWUW, and the video of that performance with xtina is the MV of DWUW.

I live outside the space time continuum.

ArtGagaPop
13 minutes ago, nattuggla said:

if they released everything in the video that leaked then yes. But remove the hospital scene and just use the other footage then i think she wouldn't get more backlash from it then if she released it or not. 
tumblr_o1qcdwiq3R1tl1wfio1_500.gif

tumblr_n7hcspsguQ1qjdybto1_500.gif

tumblr_n7hda0XEgE1qjdybto1_500.gif

source.gif

There is nothing wrong with this footage except showing some skin but it's gaga so people are not shocked about that. She already worked with r-kelly on the song in the first place and terry years before and after the video was shoot so having the video out wouldn't been any bigger problem then she already had.  

TheRoof
12 minutes ago, ArtGagaPop said:

i remember reading an article about DWUW back in 2013 and one last year about the cure , the first one says that DWUW is her "best song since Telephone" in terms of been "GP friendly" and the other said that the cure proves : And 'The Cure' also leaves another reflection: how few times in hes career since 'The Fame Monster' has openly addressed the general public instead of just the gay public ('Born this Way') or even just the little monsters ('Judas'). And how often do she get it right when she do it, as it happened with 'Do What You Want' or happens with 'The Cure'. also they kinda  dragged the TEOG and MR music videos:selena: because they also where her most gp friendly songs but the videos "didn't help to keep the momentum"

basically gaga can be number 1 again  if she really wanted to :selena:

ArtGagaPop
23 minutes ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

i remember reading an article about DWUW back in 2013 and one last year about the cure , the first one says that DWUW is her "best song since Telephone" in terms of been "GP friendly" and the other said that the cure proves : And 'The Cure' also leaves another reflection: how few times in hes career since 'The Fame Monster' has openly addressed the general public instead of just the gay public ('Born this Way') or even just the little monsters ('Judas'). And how often do she get it right when she do it, as it happened with 'Do What You Want' or happens with 'The Cure'. also they kinda  dragged the TEOG and MR music videos:selena: because they also where her most gp friendly songs but the videos "didn't help to keep the momentum"

basically gaga can be number 1 again  if she really wanted to :selena:

This is all so true :applause:

Born this way message was great and she used all her hype from the fame monster on an important issue which was a very risky but important choice in her career. But she should have followed up by a safe single (TEOG) with a epic video. Instead the label wasted alot on money on a big video for Judas that pissed off christians and then rushed to release TEOG to save the Judas fiasco but it didn't get a proper video the song deserved. The video is ok, but it should been on the level of bad romance or her eariler videos where the video makes you like the song even more, now it felt like it was just there for the sake of having a video. You and i was a great follow up in the US but the btw era ended in most places ww after TEOG. 

Then when she came back in 2013 applause was an ok lead single choice but had nowhere the potential of her eariler lead singles. DWUW was a great second choice for single but should been the planed 2nd single to begin with and not Venus. Peformance of the song at the youtube awards and music video release in dec and maybe 1 more peformance in early 2014 and then this single era would been fine as it was. 

Then we all know PI shouldn't been the lead at all and if MR had followed an more popular lead single then it would been alot easier to get radio plays. Deserved a better shoot video like TEOG. Should also been planed 2nd single to begin with. 

The cure litterly only needed a video and it would done alot better. It was just meant as a suprise and no album single so i'm not to mad about this one but still, if it had a video it could peaked top 10 in alot of places and had longetivty through the summer. 

Phoebe Buffay
10 minutes ago, ArtGagaPop said:

This is all so true :applause:

Born this way message was great and she used all her hype from the fame monster on an important issue which was a very risky but important choice in her career. But she should have followed up by a safe single (TEOG) with a epic video. Instead the label wasted alot on money on a big video for Judas that pissed off christians and then rushed to release TEOG to save the Judas fiasco but it didn't get a proper video the song deserved. The video is ok, but it should been on the level of bad romance or her eariler videos where the video makes you like the song even more, now it felt like it was just there for the sake of having a video. You and i was a great follow up in the US but the btw era ended in most places ww after TEOG. 

Then when she came back in 2013 applause was an ok lead single choice but had nowhere the potential of her eariler lead singles. DWUW was a great second choice for single but should been the planed 2nd single to begin with and not Venus. Peformance of the song at the youtube awards and music video release in dec and maybe 1 more peformance in early 2014 and then this single era would been fine as it was. 

Then we all know PI shouldn't been the lead at all and if MR had followed an more popular lead single then it would been alot easier to get radio plays. Deserved a better shoot video like TEOG. Should also been planed 2nd single to begin with. 

The cure litterly only needed a video and it would done alot better. It was just meant as a suprise and no album single so i'm not to mad about this one but still, if it had a video it could peaked top 10 in alot of places and had longetivty through the summer. 

Her team has made A LOT of mistakes in her career. They should've released A-Yo or Dancin' in Circles as the lead imo. Perfect Illusion should have been a promo single or just an album track. :shrug:

ryanripley

i'm glad on this thread we get to discuss this stuff as fans without people disrespecting gaga or bobby or her whole team

i get delusional and flustered when people start name calling her and her team etc when at the end of the day, this only impacts gaga and the label since they're the ones getting coins and all stans benefit from is having something to brag about

anyways, moment over, why can't they learn from their damn mistakes? :selena: 

Biagio2103

I feel like the problem with Gaga is that she releases videos or does promo either too early or too soon, never in the right moment. I remember that the DWUW version ft. Xtina was released like 2 weeks after The Voice's performance and on a date were nobody was paying attention to new music releases. I also feel like Bad Romance didn't reach #1 because Paparazzi was at its peak on the radio. And of course, she's known for her amazing videos, and TEOG felt kinda meh considering it was released after Judas. People at that moment was expecting another iconic film since TEOG was killing the charts.

But well, I guess better times will come.

I'm only good at being bad

ArtGagaPop
54 minutes ago, Biagio2103 said:

I feel like the problem with Gaga is that she releases videos or does promo either too early or too soon, never in the right moment. I remember that the DWUW version ft. Xtina was released like 2 weeks after The Voice's performance and on a date were nobody was paying attention to new music releases. I also feel like Bad Romance didn't reach #1 because Paparazzi was at its peak on the radio. And of course, she's known for her amazing videos, and TEOG felt kinda meh considering it was released after Judas. People at that moment was expecting another iconic film since TEOG was killing the charts.

But well, I guess better times will come.

Yes paparazzi/bad romance was a mess but she was slaying so much back then so it didn't matter that everything wasn't 100% well excecuted. I was to young then and weren't a fan yet but i know they both started to get radio play at the same in my country and both were keept on daily roation for most of 2010. It was nice but paparazzi only peaked at 22 since bad romance over shadowed it. Also paparazzis peak was 6 months after bad romance was released and both bad romance and telephone peaked before paparazzi :air:. Telephone ended up having barely any radio plays at all since the radio was too crowded with gaga with Paparazzi/bad romance and poker face and just dance still getting daily plays and charting :toofunny:

• Haroon locked and unpinned this topic

Archived