Lady Gagain Vegas
🏨 Click here to book your Las Vegas hotel at VEGAS.COM 🏨
question

Gagas Husky Voice on Paper Gangster

Featured Posts

Smother Em Eh

So I have been listening to PG lately and have realized something! Gaga has a slight husky voice on it, and I love it. (Well for half of it, the other half has her girly tone) 

It’s the only Gaga song that exactly matches Gagas husky speaking voice. Like for example in her earlier interviews, her voice was so HUSKY! (Especially in “The Fame Era”) And in this song it really portrays her lower husky tone! 

Following that, I have some questions. Why is it just husky on this song and not on any others? (Especially from TF). Why haven’t we heard more of this husky singing voice? I know Gaga has a darker tone to her voice, (especially from the release of BR to present), but it has never sounded “Husky” that I have heard again from Gaga. Listen to the verses and the bridge and you’ll know what I mean. 

Like for example her dark tone on Bad Romance and Mary Jane Holland is recognizable as dark, but it isn’t “HUSKY”. 

Do you guys get what I’m saying? And do you like her husky voice on it? 

Thoughts????? :what:

Edited by JosephH
Stream Gaga’s discography on Spotify! Come on LM’s
  • Like 2

Guest bostonGUY

Her vocals on the verses of Boys Boys Boys is my absolute favorite I love how her voice sounds and how she sings it

Robo Ga

The husky voice! My favourite, she had a really raspy tone in her belts - especially when she got on the piano for ballads. I remember her sounding so sexy in interviews back then :hor: I think it may have had something to do with youthfulness though? I honestly think her voice has developed so much since then (as in, it's way stronger) that she probably cannot physically recreate it. I'm no vocal expert though so I'm totally just speculating here 

Bust the rearview and fire up the jets, 'cause it's you and me
  • Like 1

misunderstood

Since I've been listening to her since 2008, It's so cool to watch her voice grow and change.

I love it too, it's one of my most favorite songs of hers, I wish she could do something like it.

Dancin' In Circles proved to me she can still do that cutesy nasally voice that she did back then, so maybe she could do the husky voice in a different way! 

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"
  • Like 1

Aquamarine

Lady GaGa tho.:triggered:

Red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout.

papergangstas

My username already says what my fav song is :lolly:  living for this over-autotuned bop that could’ve been a #1 :lolly: 

• Like 1

DoremonLove

I absolutely love ths song and her voice in it:giggle: its so sexy:hor:

New little monster
  • YAAAS 1

MaryJaneHolland

Isn't that just her speaking voice she had during the TF era? :poot:

papergangstas
2 hours ago, Aquamarine said:

Lady GaGa tho.:triggered:

Lady Ga Ga is even worse :poot:

• Like 1

Oriane

I think her voice was really husky at that time because of drugs. It took a while for her to recover, it gave her a cool vibe when she was singing but she was also struggling to hit the high notes.

You popped my heart seems... All my bubble dreams, bubble dreams...