💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ed: "There's a very clear reason why" Grammy snubs happened

Mister Gaga

Featured Posts

Florian

When you finally realise you're not making quality music and that's why you're not nominated:

There’s a very clear reason why that happened and it’s bigger than me, like much bigger than me, and like it’s just something that, again, it was just meant to be, that is the way that this year was meant to roll out

Wc3V7jf.gif

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arturo
2 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

They did? When? 

Like the day after nominations came out

Also its pretty clear that the big 4 was tampered with. A clear example is Lorde’s Melodrama not making it into the Pop categories (which is by a popular vote) but making it into AOTY which is based on the Top 20 vote getters which are sent to a committee and then chosen.

Haroon

I see this as him being aware about the issues going on rather than him being big headed :emma: I was surprised to see all the backlash for what he's said here to be honest :sweat:

Morphine Prince
Just now, Arturo said:

Like the day after nominations came out

Also its pretty clear that the big 4 was tampered with. A clear example is Lorde’s Melodrama not making it into the Pop categories (which is by a popular vote) but making it into AOTY which is based on the Top 20 vote getters which are sent to a committee and then chosen.

Wow. That’s disappointing. Actually now I think I remember reading about this. 

Craven Moorecox
1 hour ago, PrincessDiez said:

his orange troll ass loking head annoys the living crap out of me

and ed please get those eyes in sync :bon:

giphy.gif

AlexanderMagno

Why the hate? :awkney: I mean, can't a person be about about his/her success? If I released a song and it went #1 globally, I'd be thrilled. If Gaga released a song and it went #1, she would be thrilled.

Ed, to be honest, #1 is as important as Grammys. A Grammy might validate your work as a quality piece, but when you release something out to the public you want people to hear it. As many Grammys as you might have, doesn't mean people are listening to your work. #1 means that.

1 hour ago, Mister Gaga said:

The week after that, I get an MBE from the palace, I go No. 1 on Spotify, I go No. 1 on Billboard, I’m about to have my second ever Billboard No. 1, like there’s so many other things in the mix that counterbalance it.”

I am sure he is counterbalancing something else pretty badly

hK1T3Uv.gif

ItsTommyBitch

The GRAMMY's may have been trying to "Diversify" their big 4, and maybe some will see that as "unfair" in one light, but the awards are supposed to generally be about acclaim - of a vague sort (commercial vs critical, its very subjective). Though I don't like all the albums and songs nominated this year (I never do) It seems like they at least nominated some good albums in categories like AOTY. Is that also more diverse? Yes. What was unrealistic in the past was nominating a bunch of white guys and a girl and saying that this was truly the top of the competition when people of colors records were doing much more and saying much more :rip:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

derpmonster

Did he do something besides being overrated and generic for which people here hate him? I remember when Twitter LMs trolled him and Gaga came to his rescue. He might not be great but let's not wish his career an end or say he's ugly.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

sipthistea

He's so childish.

He was nominated for 2 Grammys (He already has won some), yet he feels snubbed.

Feel snubbed when the Grammys ignore your work completely. You're not the victim here, Ed. 

7 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Did he do something besides being overrated and generic for which people here hate him? I remember when Twitter LMs trolled him and Gaga came to his rescue. He might not be great but let's not wish his career an end or say he's ugly.

His attitude is insane :saladga:

He is basically saying "idc the Grammys snubbed me, because in these 5 other categories I am No. 1, oh and I get an MBE"

:saladga:

He sounds so full of himself, it's not healthy anymore :saladga:

In his last era he was much more genuine imo.

Shav33l
1 hour ago, ryanripley said:

i actually have no idea what's going on or what he's trying to imply

rgOMkwS.gif

Me too sis.
rgOMkwS.gif

Red wine, cheap perfume and a filthy pout.

Supersonic
4 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

The GRAMMY's may have been trying to "Diversify" their big 4, and maybe some will see that as "unfair" in one light, but the awards are supposed to generally be about acclaim - of a vague sort (commercial vs critical, its very subjective). Though I don't like all the albums and songs nominated this year (I never do) It seems like they at least nominated some good albums in categories like AOTY. Is that also more diverse? Yes. What was unrealistic in the past was nominating a bunch of white guys and a girl and saying that this was truly the top of the competition when people of colors records were doing much more and saying much more :rip:

DAMN - 95 on Metacritic
Melodrama - 91 on Metacritic
4:44 - 82 on Metacritic
Awaken, My Love! - 77 on Metacritic
24k Magic - 70 on Metacritic

Divide - 62 on Metacritic

Like.... I have no clue how one could even justify him being nominated for AOTY. Joanne being nominated for AOTY would have been more likely than Divide lmfao

Archived