• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MattyMonster

• Americano

• GHGUY

• Jonathanholland

actually Madonna and Annie aren't wearing the same mask. It shaped differently too. lol

They are very similar. The point is that Madonna was not the first to wear a mask like that. I don't think Madonna or Gaga were copying, but honestly when I first saw the ad I thought of Erotica. Especially with the slicked back hair... I think homegirl needs to have a team of Madonna experts to make sure she is not doing anything remotely close to what Madonna has done. Somebody should have warned her about the similarities with this look.

Amazing. Looks like a bunch of tiny alejandros crawling over her. :legend:

They are very similar. The point is that Madonna was not the first to wear a mask like that. I don't think Madonna or Gaga were copying, but honestly when I first saw the ad I thought of Erotica. Especially with the slicked back hair... I think homegirl needs to have a team of Madonna experts to make sure she is not doing anything remotely close to what Madonna has done. Somebody should have warned her about the similarities with this look.

Oh please. Like people aren't going out of their way to point out similarities of what Gaga does in contrast to Madonna. Madonna didn't invent everything. In fact, a lot of gagas madonnaisms are based on **** Madonna herself already copied.

Edited by magicmikey

StrawberryBlond

When I first saw this image, I thought it was tarantulas crawling all over her! And what on earth is happening on her right nipple? Looks like a massive darning needle's being threaded through it or something!

Oh please. Like people aren't going out of their way to point out similarities of what Gaga does in contrast to Madonna. Madonna didn't invent everything. In fact, a lot of gagas madonnaisms are based on **** Madonna herself already copied.

Obviously they are going to claim shes copying madonna no matter what she does. But like I said, my first thought when I saw the ad was "oh great her hair and mask looks like Erotica." And sure enough not even an hour later people were drawing the comparison. And when they crop her face and put it next to a pic of M they make a good argument. Which is unfortunate because the rest of the design is original and stunning. If someone on her team had said "wait the hair and mask looks too much like Erotica" they may have changed it and avoided rip off accusations. But as you stated they might have found some other way to compare it to M. It may have been more of a stretch though.

Gagaloo911

Amazing. Looks like a bunch of tiny alejandros crawling over her. :legend:

:clap:

I for one love the ad. And I've been reading through the comments on many articles about the ad, and people appear to really like it. They see it as refreshing and very artistic and authentic.

I don't think Gaga purposely copied Madonna on this. But I think the image doesn't look good. It looks like little bugs crawling on her, and you can't see her face. It's also photoshopped to the point where they might as well have had some random model take the photo. To me, it's a mess.

Anyway, I think Gaga's appropriated Madonna's imagery so much that now if she does anything similar, the general public will think she is purposely copying Madonna.

Edited by Farmboy

Sebastian Music

That's actually a paper mache statue of GaGa in the ad...this is from a post I made weeks ago after I met the set dresser for the commercial:

"So my boyfriend is originally from L.A. and over the past week two of his best friends from L.A. came to visit and stayed with us in Austin. His friends are a married straight couple who are both artists.

The guy, whose name is Jack, works as a set dresser and has worked with some big stars and movie directors. They had just gotten back from shooting a Quentin Tarantino movie in Louisiana and was telling me all about it. It was really cool to hear him talk about the movie and stuff.

Anyway, he went on to tell me that he worked on Lady GaGa's commercial for her perfume! I was like "WTF?!"

He showed me pictures of the set and some that he took with her. He said that Lady GaGa was by far one of the nicest and most in control people he's ever had to work with. For the commercial he had to build a giant paper mache statue of GaGa. He showed me a picture of it and it was ****ing huge...he was standing on it and the length of his body was the length of her boob.

Nonetheless, from the pics and concept he showed me it looks like a creepy as commercial. Apparently there is a part where she pukes into another guys mouth and is also bathing in a bathtub full of blood. Typical GaGa...

He also said there were a lot of really tall male dancers and after the shoot, GaGa got in the director's chair and gave each dancer a minute to dance for the camera. She apparently wanted them to have their moment and was going to give them copies of them dancing for their portfolios or reels. I thought that was sweet.

Anyway, just some interesting stuff I learned over the weekend..."

Woolfsmck

Exatly

The only mimic that really see is that Gaga is putting her own spin on work that others have done.

Madonna has done the same as many other performer/artists do ....

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

CroatiaGeisha

Obviously they are going to claim shes copying madonna no matter what she does. But like I said, my first thought when I saw the ad was "oh great her hair and mask looks like Erotica." And sure enough not even an hour later people were drawing the comparison. And when they crop her face and put it next to a pic of M they make a good argument. Which is unfortunate because the rest of the design is original and stunning. If someone on her team had said "wait the hair and mask looks too much like Erotica" they may have changed it and avoided rip off accusations. But as you stated they might have found some other way to compare it to M. It may have been more of a stretch though.

No. The mask is fundamental to the meaning of the picture, it will not be removed just because Madonna wore one as well. So parts of it may give people an Erotica vibe- that doesn't make Gaga a thief-considering she hasn't stolen anything that was exclusively Madonna's to begin with. On top of that, like you said, the photo in it's entirety is really creative. Having Gaga and her team try to thwart as many of these potential "rip-off" accusations as possible only cements the idea that Madonna "owns" those looks. She does not, even though she may have helped popularize some of them.

jeremiah saint

MARK KANEMURA + JEREMY HUDSON COVERING HER *** =)

AND SINCE WHEN DID MADONNA INVENT MASKS AND SHORT HAIR BOBS AND DILDOS

IF ANYTHING THIS REMINDS ME OF GAGA GONE GULLIVERS TRAVELS

Alcina Dimitrescu

I think that her Grammy's look was a hint to the comercial look, though oretty much irrekevabt at this point.

I mean like, the "Gaga" woman in the Sydney Fame party wore veil-hats that widows wear and had see through clothes like Gaga's. And the ad shows her with Blonde/Black hair too

That's actually a paper mache statue of GaGa in the ad...this is from a post I made weeks ago after I met the set dresser for the commercial:

"So my boyfriend is originally from L.A. and over the past week two of his best friends from L.A. came to visit and stayed with us in Austin. His friends are a married straight couple who are both artists.

The guy, whose name is Jack, works as a set dresser and has worked with some big stars and movie directors. They had just gotten back from shooting a Quentin Tarantino movie in Louisiana and was telling me all about it. It was really cool to hear him talk about the movie and stuff.

Anyway, he went on to tell me that he worked on Lady GaGa's commercial for her perfume! I was like "WTF?!"

He showed me pictures of the set and some that he took with her. He said that Lady GaGa was by far one of the nicest and most in control people he's ever had to work with. For the commercial he had to build a giant paper mache statue of GaGa. He showed me a picture of it and it was ****ing huge...he was standing on it and the length of his body was the length of her boob.

Nonetheless, from the pics and concept he showed me it looks like a creepy as commercial. Apparently there is a part where she pukes into another guys mouth and is also bathing in a bathtub full of blood. Typical GaGa...

He also said there were a lot of really tall male dancers and after the shoot, GaGa got in the director's chair and gave each dancer a minute to dance for the camera. She apparently wanted them to have their moment and was going to give them copies of them dancing for their portfolios or reels. I thought that was sweet.

Anyway, just some interesting stuff I learned over the weekend..."

:notsure: