Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Kylie's 'Golden' cover

YSL

Featured Posts

Kandy life

This cover is so meaningful, it portrays a soul once immersed in darkness but now it has find the light of happiness again! I'm so excited for this record. :tony:

I sit and press rewind

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
YeehawKylie
Just now, Bloody Grammys said:

Everything looks/sounds so dated to me... Not loving it one bit...

I think that's kind of the point though...not 'dated' but channeling more of a 70s vibe. 

bloody g
Just now, IndieKylie said:

I think that's kind of the point though...not 'dated' but channeling more of a 70s vibe. 

Yeah but if the music sounds like everything I've heard since 2013... I'm not hyped at all :S

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

WitnessEye

This is awful, like what? That album cover is sooo simple and lazy did and I am sick of country inspired 'pop' albums. Bring 'bad bitch' attitude back pls

YeehawKylie
23 minutes ago, Bloody Grammys said:

Yeah but if the music sounds like everything I've heard since 2013... I'm not hyped at all :S

I am. I honestly don't feel like Dancing is that dated, but maybe I just didn't listen to enough popular music in 2013. I'm very hyped for the album, so far I'm in love with the visuals and I cannot get Dancing out of my head. It's excited for such a personal album from her. After what she went through, it'll be great to hear. 

FfFfFfFF
1 hour ago, Blake said:

It's so obvious that the hate isn't needed. Kylie is literally the Princess Of Pop, the Queen of Pop here in Australia. She co-wrote every single song on the new record and clearly is still relevant considering she's been trending number one for her new single and on iTunes in anticipation for pre-orders of Golden. 

I don't think that was ''hate''. It's just him stating an opinion about her. you can agree with it or not, but he wasn't insulting or bashing her. That is what I call hate.

YeehawKylie
6 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I don't think that was ''hate''. It's just him stating an opinion about her. you can agree with it or not, but he wasn't insulting or bashing her. That is what I call hate.

I'd consider him saying Kylie has 'no talent' is hate. You don't become a world renowned sensation and icon with no talent. Like, there are plenty of artists I don't care for but I would never say they lack talent because if I know their name...they have talent of some sort, even if its not musical. 

FfFfFfFF
12 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

I'd consider him saying Kylie has 'no talent' is hate. You don't become a world renowned sensation and icon with no talent. Like, there are plenty of artists I don't care for but I would never say they lack talent because if I know their name...they have talent of some sort, even if its not musical. 

I understand that may bother you because you are attached to her but thinking someone has no talent is only an opinion.

I disagree with that statement too, but he can speak his mind it either way. it becomes a problem when he isn't doing in a respectful way.

YeehawKylie
16 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I understand that may bother you because you are attached to her but thinking someone has no talent is only an opinion.

I disagree with that statement too, but he can speak his mind it either way. it becomes a problem when he isn't doing in a respectful way.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but no one has said he cannot have those opinions? You also seem to think 'hating' and 'expressing an opinion' are mutually exclusive. All Blake and I have pointed out is that stating that a musician has no talent and clinging for relevance is 'hating', even if it's their honest opinion. That being said, claiming an artist has 'no talent' is typically an exaggeration which is why most people consider it 'hating'. 

I know you're trying to play devil's advocate here, but the use of the word 'hating' really isn't that serious. The user was clearly 'hating' on Kylie when they expressed their opinion that she has no talent and is desperate for relevance. That's really what it all boils down to. 

YeehawKylie
3 minutes ago, Ally123 said:

I still can't get over how awful that cover is. She looks like she's on the squatty potty. :yay:

Have you ever thought about contributing to other threads, rather than literally entering every Kylie thread to be negative and make fun of her?

Lord Temptation

My favourite Kylie eras are from Impossible Princess (1997) through to Body Language (2003). This includes her Fever (2000) and Light Years (2001) albums. She was so cool and amazing during those years. I just dont find her later stuff (since 2007’s X) as original (production wise) or as powerful (lyrically) as she used to be. But I still lover her, and I really hope Golden gives us something new we haven’t seen or heard before.

Archived