Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Florence + the Machine

JPM

Featured Posts

hell0samuel

I don't want her to be number 1! She should remain an Indie artist and no pop-star

being number 1 doesn't make you a pop star

I think it's about time she got some recognition & I always knew it would be Spectrum - it's one of her more 'public friendly' songs. More happy not so dark. :excited:

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DMTT

• marcwaffles

• Memo

• Ellie Goulding

Ceremonials

Seeing her in GA PIT in Raleigh in September! I'm excited :D

I'm seeing her in September too! :party:

Edited by Ceremonials

PlatinumBlondeLife

im gunna be there too! Getting in line in about 20 mins

im gunna be there too! Getting in line in about 20 mins

Ahhhhhhh it was AMAZING!! It was all misty and the lake and mountains behind the stage. it was perfect. omg

Ahhhhhhh it was AMAZING!! It was all misty and the lake and mountains behind the stage. it was perfect. omg

:flutter: whereabouts were you in the crowd?

alposnacks

I just bought Ceremonials :legend: There's not one song that I don't like . Gorgeous piece of work . I absolutely love Spectrum , Shake It Out , Heartlines and Lover to Lover .

My favorite album :legend:

I went Florence-spotting in Portland after she tweeted the picture at Powell's Bookstore, but couldn't find her :(

There are rumours that Florence will visit my country in some kind of festival :excited2:

By the way, does anybody else think that Hardest of hearts has that Ceremonial-ish sound?

marcwaffles

I just noticed the chord progression in the verses of "Marry the Night" is quite similar to the one of "No Light, No Light." In "Marry the Night", there are two additional chords but the remaining four are exactly the same.

Would make an interesting mash-up...

:eek: Really? Which parts though?

I don't think this has been posted yet. It seems that Florence and Calvin Harris are collaborating again on his next single called Sweet Nothing. This could be great for her if it is a hit in the US.

http://www.nme.com/n...in-harris/65180

"The pair's collaboration is called 'Sweet Nothing', Harris revealed in an interview with Q. It will be his next single after 'We'll Be Coming Back', which features Example on vocals and is released on Sunday (July 29).

The pair previously collaborated when Harris provided a remix for Florence and the Welch's track 'Spectrum (Say My Name)'. The single has spent the last two weeks as the UK's Number One, mainly thanks to sales of Harris's remix."

---

Also, according to wikipedia (I know it is not a reliable source) Breaking Down is her next single for October. Does anyone know if this is true?

OMG FLORENCE IS VISITING MY FLOPPY COUNTRY IN SOME FLOPPY FESTIVAL IN OCTOBER OMG I CAN'T WITH THIS :excited2:

Too bad I'm not going but a friend will go so I'll ask her for some videos/photos :)

I just noticed the chord progression in the verses of "Marry the Night" is quite similar to the one of "No Light, No Light." In "Marry the Night", there are two additional chords but the remaining four are exactly the same.

Would make an interesting mash-up...

I would like to hear that mashup :music:

^ Yep, there's a video for it already.

Interesting... I've seen the video but I thought it was just for promo. That's great though! Breaking Down is one of my favorites on Ceremonials.

edit: And for some reason I remember hearing that spectrum was supposed to be the last single. I'm glad its not true because there are so many more good songs on the album that need videos. I hope Only If For A Night gets a video.

Edited by newbjorkcity