💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Grammy performance is pointless if it's not a new single

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

doppelganger
1 hour ago, PopThatArt said:

Actually this is what will happen to a new single - a few hours of "relevancy" on iTunes, as people deem it, a couple days of people talking about it, and then nothing. 

Things don't really have a lasting impact any more musically because of this obsession with hitting number one right away. 

And also for some reason, artists just don't promote things like they used to, no one goes on huge single promo "tours" anymore, they don't hit all the talk shows, it's tragic and lazy. If Gaga performs a new song on the Grammys, then what she should do is appear on different talk shows once a week for at least a month, performing the song, in it's true album form, no multiple renditions, no highly choreographed number one day, then an acoustic the next, keep all the performances of the song as the album/radio version, but change the choreo a bit, the outfits, the sets, etc., so people can actually hear the real song and so it stays "alive". After maybe about 2 weeks from it's release, then the video, for the video, a special appearance on a show to debut the video should be done, none of this surprise release crap or just posting it online, it needs to be an event like Gaga used to do. 

She did a lot of promo for MR exactly in the way that you’ve outlined. I do miss artists promoting singles in this way so it grows organically. These days it’s just about aggregating impact sales, video/spotify streams to hit that top spot. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ModernEcstasy

You do know that the album you mention is nominated for an award, right? How does that make it pointless?

Dont get your hopes up. I genuinely believe that the days when Gaga would use a platform like this to release new music are over!

giskardsb
2 hours ago, PopThatArt said:

And also for some reason, artists just don't promote things like they used to, no one goes on huge single promo "tours" anymore, they don't hit all the talk shows, it's tragic and lazy. 

What’s the point of tons of promo just to cause more illegal downloads and no sales?

Slayer

How about we all just stop trying to advise Gaga on what she does with her career and just enjoy the one rare performance we're getting? :laughga:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

JohnWayne92
9 hours ago, JR Gg said:

Literally no one knows the songs on Lemonade except her fans. Delusional :ladyhaha:

Right, I literally just know what was released as "singles." 

Infinity Wave
1 hour ago, doppelganger said:

Actually this is what will happen to a new single - a few hours of "relevancy" on iTunes, as people deem it, a couple days of people talking about it, and then nothing. 

Things don't really have a lasting impact any more musically because of this obsession with hitting number one right away. 

And also for some reason, artists just don't promote things like they used to, no one goes on huge single promo "tours" anymore, they don't hit all the talk shows, it's tragic and lazy. If Gaga performs a new song on the Grammys, then what she should do is appear on different talk shows once a week for at least a month, performing the song, in it's true album form, no multiple renditions, no highly choreographed number one day, then an acoustic the next, keep all the performances of the song as the album/radio version, but change the choreo a bit, the outfits, the sets, etc., so people can actually hear the real song and so it stays "alive". After maybe about 2 weeks from it's release, then the video, for the video, a special appearance on a show to debut the video should be done, none of this surprise release crap or just posting it online, it needs to be an event like Gaga used to do. 

This is exactly what she did with BTW and I loved it, although I was younger and didn't surf the net very often so I practically missed the most part of he interviews (which I didn't neither properly understand :ladyhaha:) and I hopped on to the hype train just some time later when I rewatched over and over everything I could find on yt! Those were THE Days! :fthis:

But, anyway, those great times are over. She now seems to not be interested in promotion that much, and I'm totally okay with that. I'm not one of those flop fans (no offense, but still) who say "keep it" to her at the idea of new music w/out promotion. I think that, the most we get, the best, even if she is not gonna promote it in any way. A music video would be fantastic for each single, but you know, it's about the music and the visuals are just secondary so I'm totally ok with her not promoting anymore. 

Mostly because, when she does, SHE TOTALLY SLAYS and we know that for a fact!

Colourful

River

I know only 

cause i slay yes i slay we slay hooray I’m gay ad I slay slay slay 

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Obviously,Gaga will choose to sing a song from the album.

The main reason that she would do something so "pointless",

is that she is Lady Gaga and........

She Can Do What She Wants With Her Career! 

(Whether some they like it or not!)

iowa cyrus

see...why y'all are arguing over her performance, i'm over here glad she is performing at all. what I really care about is what mama is gonna wear!

This is Lady gaga. The same one who preformed the cure live on TV for the first time since it was released months ago on the AMAs. 

You guys should really stop complaining about everything, we need to be thankful that she’s even performing.

Screw a new single! The Joanne era is dry at this point. :giveup: Give me that new Grammy award winning smash bop that I love! 

LG6 LEAD COME THRUUUUU

tenor.gif

I’m delusional I know 

Archived