Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Grammy performance is pointless if it's not a new single

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

RadioIsOurs
Just now, Irrelevant said:

didn't katy perform By The Grace Of God at the grammys

Yeah, and it was kinda pointless :emma:, from a career standpoint. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TeenIdle
17 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

I just feel like the performance may have a lack of significance to the GP. To them, it's a performance, yeah, but what's the song? Why should they care? Could it be her next 'big hit'? (highly unlikely but that's the question the GP should be asking :emma:)

I don't care about the GP. I care about the fanbase and we're getting a treat

RadioIsOurs
13 minutes ago, ArtGagaPop said:

We get another peformance to enjoy and the gp will praise her once again, does it need to have a more point then that? Also having her on shows like grammys and the amas peforming keeps her in the spotlight even though she really isn't in an album era and is touring right now, it's much better for the next era if she stays relevant and don't just go on a blackout for years like she did with ARTPOP and for a little while with joanne. + Her album was the biggest female album of the grammy cycle and she is nomminated for 2 awards, it's not really pointless. It will the give album a cute little last boost and it would be a nice way for gaga to end the joanne era with a grammy win and grammy peformance. 

I don't think Joanne needs any more boost, it's done well and it had it's peak. It would just be nice if the era ends off with a final single. 

SlayGagaloo
1 minute ago, RainbowBlonde said:

Of course I don't literally mean like everyone, but just enough people (and more importantly recognition) to make others go: oh, is this relevant? 

Every Song from Bayonsa's Lemonade got it it's own big, high-budget performance on a Big award show (CMAs, BET, VMAs, etc...) oh and Formation at the Super Bowl, so of course many people "know" the songs 

on the other hand, Gaga: Million Reasons on the Super Bowl... oh and Million Reasons (:laughga:) on the AMAs 

I'm 100% here for a best Pop album win + Joanne (song) and Diamond Heart Medley to end this amazing era 

Over.

RadioIsOurs
1 minute ago, TeenIdle said:

I don't care about the GP. I care about the fanbase and we're getting a treat

If it's from a fanbase standpoint I actually think we still need music videos for DIC and Angel Down :triggered:

RadioIsOurs
1 minute ago, SlayGagaloo said:

Every Song from Bayonsa's Lemonade got it it's own big, high-budget performance on a Big award show (CMAs, BET, VMAs, etc...) oh and Formation at the Super Bowl, so of course many people "know" the songs 

on the other hand, Gaga: Million Reasons on the Super Bowl... oh and Million Reasons (:laughga:) on the AMAs 

I'm 100% here for a best Pop album win + Joanne (song) and Diamond Heart Medley to end this amazing era 

Yes but wouldn't it be great if any of those songs also became the last single off Joanne?? :tony:

ArtGagaPop
2 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

I don't think Joanne needs any more boost, it's done well and it had it's peak. It would just be nice if the era ends off with a final single. 

I agree, i have been wanting Joanne(the song) as a final single for a while now as an end to the era. The song getting sent to radio in italy gave me hope and the song apparently also already has a video done but never released. But at this point i don't think we will get anything more then a peformance and then she will just move on to the new era shortly after tour (or the bloodpop collab) 

SlayGagaloo
Just now, RainbowBlonde said:

Yes but wouldn't it be great if any of those songs also became the last single off Joanne?? :tony:

it'd flop tbh :emma: and I'm 100% sure she doesn't have time to film a music video for it :madge: so why bother 

Over.

Helxig

Sometimes it's nice for a performer to just get to perform on a world stage and tell the story of their music

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

RadioIsOurs
Just now, SlayGagaloo said:

it'd flop tbh :emma: and I'm 100% sure she doesn't have time to film a music video for it :madge: so why bother 

I blame that on poor planning :triggered: or perhaps she already gave up on the Joanne era (except for tour obligations), which was why it kinda puzzled me that she's still performing the album at the grammy's.

MaryJaneHolland
12 minutes ago, RainbowBlonde said:

If it's from a fanbase standpoint I actually think we still need music videos for DIC and Angel Down :triggered:

Ikr, if she wants to give us a treat, she should release a VISUAL HONEY for some song, not MR for the 100th or a boring performancw of Joanne. Or just perform a random album track with no video released for it later.

Oath, I wouldn't be happy with any performance but PI or DIC, I want like a mix up of John Wayne and Dancin' In Circles

Black Jesus †

MaryJaneHolland
11 minutes ago, SlayGagaloo said:

She is free til 14th and she's already in LA. The JW video took them 2 days to shoot anyway:shrug:

August Blue
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

She is free til 14th and she's already in LA. The JW video took them 2 days to shoot anyway:shrug:

Forget it. :poot: 

Maybe she is performing cuz she is nominated for 2 Grammys? :poot: 

Since she is also attending, why not perform? :poot: 

Archived