The Weeknd won't work with H&M again

OBEY

Featured Posts

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dominic
2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I literally just overheard two white girls at uni talking about the black guy next to me and referred to him as "that gorilla over there"

Did you say something to them or just let it slide? 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

if you associate black people with monkeys that automatically I have some bad news for you lol

what a drama queen

Edit: I hope y'all ran to the thought police and reported this horrendous crime! Make Orwell proud :hug: 

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

SychosSoChic
21 minutes ago, codymonster said:

What I’m saying is that the people who call out racism when there isn’t any are the ones who are privileged. And I think it’s unfortunate, because it takes away from the people fighting the fight for serious racial issues!

So a black person saying they find this offensive, and that it's racist to them, is just privileged and oversensitive?

Coz it happens week after week, a black member says "X is racist" and white members come pouring in to say "No it's not, you're just oversensitive".

So please tell me. What are "Serious racial issues"? And who dictates when there is or isnt racism present? Because even when we have footage of unarmed black men getting shot by police, we still have members defending it or trivializing it. So please tell me, because I would love to know, who gets to decide when I, a POC, can or cannot find something offensive?

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Judicorn

If black people say they don't want to be referred as monkeys, directly or indirectly, because of the long history of white people comparing black people to monkeys, within the scientific community and the general public, to prove their inferiority...is that so difficult  to do?

Went for a 40 min walk and this is now at 12 pages :air: 

Borislshere
1 minute ago, OBEY said:

Race threads are the new hunty threads 

DeleteMyAccount
7 minutes ago, Miky said:

if you associate black people with monkeys that automatically I have some bad news for you lol

what a drama queen

Edit: I hope y'all ran to the thought police and reported this horrendous crime! Make Orwell proud :hug: 

It's called history. You should know better. We correlate these issues because people try to oppress black folks with these terms. Maybe it wasn't the case with the H&M sweater, but don't act like you don't understand how society works. It's worse that you're trying to say that it isn't an issue and that anyone who tries to create a discussion about awareness is racist themselves. Party.

i understand where this could seem wrong. but it was clearly unintentional and by 'monkey' they mean playful, like a child would be. the only other reason this could be seen as racial is if you think of 'monkey' to relate to black people which Abel (The Weeknd) has done.

DeleteMyAccount
3 minutes ago, OBEY said:

Says a lot about all the work our society has in order to educate.

DeleteMyAccount
Just now, popfart said:

i understand where this could seem wrong. but it was clearly unintentional and by 'monkey' they mean playful, like a child would be. the only other reason this could be seen as racial is if you think of 'monkey' to relate to black people which Abel (The Weeknd) has done.

And that term can be a sensitive topic for some individuals. Clearly there are many folks who can't put themselves into the shoes of others. Is this a huge issue? No. I think this could've been handled differently. But placing blame on a victim and making them a racist if they correlate a message is worse. 

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived