💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Lana being sued by Radiohead

youandi

Featured Posts

Just now, Cssomeone said:

Lana fans were saying that Radiohead were making this public to use her name as publicity, but it turns out she was lying about being sued and made it all public herself.

what? she lied?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Inferno
2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

That's a very good point. Miley was clearly inspired by Lana on several songs on that album. Cyrus Skies sounds like something lifted from Ultraviolence. Lana has been behind the inspiration of many a song in recent years, no doubt. Lorde is the most obvious example and is likely who she's referencing in F***ed My Way Up To The Top. She could totally have sued Taylor Swift for Wildest Dreams sounding exactly like the chorus instrumental of Without You but didn't, even though that was a successful single and Without You Is just an album bonus track. But, clearly, she just wants to focus on her own career and do her own thing. Which is very admirable. Maybe Radiohead should pay attention to her lyrics in In My Feelings: "You've been wasting my time while you're taking what's mine with the things that you're doing."

This paragraph is exactly why I do not like Lana Del Rey stans.

Cyrus Skies sounds absolutely nothing like Ultraviolence the album. Miley admitted to Lana being one of the collage of artists that inspired that specific work. However, nothing Miley made sounded directly ripped from anything Lana has ever made. Its inspiration is in her psychadelic ambien styled vocals. That being said, Lana is so incredibly derivative herself that its kind of hypocritical to try and accuse anyone of copping her sound when all she is is a collage of contemporary indie cliches. I mean I look at Lorde's Pure Heroine and theres just so much more meat there than Lanas debut yet ive seen people such as yourself reduce Lorde to nothing more than banking off of Lanas aesthetic? Like are you serious? Because of her minimalism? no.

I genuinely enjoy Lana, I really do. But im just...not in the mood for this. I need to stop.

Inferno
3 minutes ago, OBEY said:

what? she lied?

She lied and said she offered 40% royalties/credit and they were insisting on 100% and that they were going to sue her. Well their team came out and showed that all they desired were credit on the song as well as credit for the artists in which they originally derived Creep from in the first place. That means equal distribution of credit for everyone. There is no actual lawsuit in place either, she was the one threatening to go to court over the matter.

1 minute ago, Cssomeone said:

Well at this point its what Lana says VS the publisher says. how can we know who's telling the truth between those two? we are not there, we are not behind closed doors and involved. at this point I think people can believe who they think is more convincing than the other/who they think is telling the truth.  

Inferno
3 minutes ago, OBEY said:

Well at this point its what Lana says VS the publisher says. how can we know who's telling the truth between those two? we are not there, we are not behind closed doors and involved. at this point I think people can believe who they think is more convincing than the other/who they think is telling the truth.  

Why would the publisher lie? What they're asking for seems nothing more than fair. Based upon her tweet it seems more like shes annoyed that they're comparing the songs and doesn't want to give in.

Cssomeone
2 minutes ago, OBEY said:

I don't think they would lie though. And it doesn't change the fact that they kept it secret this whole time and she was the one who tweeted about it.

1 minute ago, Inferno said:

Why would the publisher lie?

why would Lana lie? why would the publisher lie? everybody can lie or twist some words or misinterpret or whatever and tbh we might never know the whole story in the end !

Just now, Cssomeone said:

I don't think they would lie though. And it doesn't change the fact that they kept it secret this whole time and she was the one who tweeted about it.

and some people probably think Lana wouldn't lie, I don't see a point arguing about this in the end, it all comes down to who you chose to believe. 

Inferno
2 minutes ago, OBEY said:

why would Lana lie? why would the publisher lie? everybody can lie or twist some words or misinterpret or whatever and tbh we might never know the whole story in the end !

Because she wants sympathy? Because she wants exposure? She has manipulative gain to making this public, its not like Radiohead could gain anything. I think their mentality is the fact that the chord progression is exactly the same and since they had to give credit to the original artists they just dont see why she should get away with it if they didnt. Maybe it sounds petty on paper but its kind of just like.....why should she?

Cssomeone
4 minutes ago, OBEY said:

IF she really lied, she played the victim and made everyone think (successfully) that Radiohead were "bad guys" who wanted her money/copyrights. 

scallywally

Lara seems like a smart enough person not to lie and bring it all into the attention of the public if she thought she didn't have a point to prove. C'mon. Shed have people in the background to hush it up. Shes a bright girl.

I like her image, music videos and songs, im not a huge fan (not heard enough) exactly the same as radiohead. Doesnt bother me. She is switched on not to dig herself a hole, she must have an infelt feeling that she didn't copy it.

Thats it isn't it? See what the courts say but she could've swept it under the rug if she wanted to. Anybody should want to give an artist support for having the balls to say 'no'.  

6 minutes ago, Cssomeone said:

@OBEY What would they get from coming forward  and "lying" to everyone like this? It makes no sense.  

To contain the backlash they're receiving since the tweet or something like that. We don't know ! Everyone can take which side they're on tbh. Why would Lana lie if she knew they'd probably make a statement saying she's lying, for example? it goes on and on and onnnn

Inferno
Just now, OBEY said:

To contain the backlash they're receiving since the tweet or something like that. We don't know ! Everyone can take which side they're on tbh. Why would Lana lie if she knew they'd probably make a statement saying she's lying, for example? it goes on and on and onnnn

Radiohead do not care about using her name for publicity nor do they care much about publicity in general. They would not care if they offended her fans or anyone regarding this dispute. So to say that their motives were at all about PR is entirely out of character and incorrect.

Archived