💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

'Karma, Bitch'

FentyGa

Featured Posts

FentyGa

So I just found a demo of Donatella on YouTube called 'Karma, Bitch!' by Zedd and Anjulie. According to Anjulie herself, she and Zedd worked on the track in 2011, but it didn't end up on her record, so they ended up giving it to Gaga. It's kinda ****, but the 'Oooooh' bit is kinda catchy tbh. 
giphy.gif

I also found a demo of Mary Jane Holland called 'Can't Beat The Machines' by The Good Natured. 

Thoughts?

iCpro

Quite a few songs on ARTPOP were already existing instrumentals, Aura too. I remember when I first found out it felt like my whole life was a lie :selena:

08, 09, 11, 13, 16, 20

Edonis

Cute, but old news. Venus also contains elements from Rocket Number 9 by Zombie Zombie and Sun-Ra as well. Lots of songs on ARTPOP sample or use previously developed instrumentals. And, to be honest, I don’t think it really takes away from the album or its merits  :shrug:

IllusionLover

It's Karma BÏtch

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Tom Nook

Oh wow :poot:

I think Gaga is better at making songs that flow with the instrumental, that or I’m a little bit biased :sis: 

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

FentyGa
12 minutes ago, iCpro said:

Quite a few songs on ARTPOP were already existing instrumentals, Aura too. I remember when I first found out it felt like my whole life was a lie :selena:

Yeah, I read on Wikipedia that she sampled Aura from a middle eastern duo (?) and the song was already called Burqa. They allowed her to use it but they wanted to use an alias. She basically refused that and credited them under their name anyway.
And yeah, it was like looking behind the curtain a little bit, but not to the interesting parts of how Gaga made the songs, but to the dark parts. Might just be me, though.

7 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Cute, but old news. Venus also contains elements from Rocket Number 9 by Zombie Zombie and Sun-Ra as well. Lots of songs on ARTPOP sample or use previously developed instrumentals. And, to be honest, I don’t think it really takes away from the album or its merits  :shrug:

I don't think it takes away from the record's beauty, but it just kinda makes me think 'oh well gaga wasn't as involved in the production process that kinda sucks' but it's no big deal.

SHALLOW
2 minutes ago, maxblac said:

Yeah, I read on Wikipedia that she sampled Aura from a middle eastern duo (?) and the song was already called Burqa. They allowed her to use it but they wanted to use an alias. She basically refused that and credited them under their name anyway.
And yeah, it was like looking behind the curtain a little bit, but not to the interesting parts of how Gaga made the songs, but to the dark parts. Might just be me, though.

I don't think it takes away from the record's beauty, but it just kinda makes me think 'oh well gaga wasn't as involved in the production process that kinda sucks' but it's no big deal.

She produced Venus tho

Edonis
3 minutes ago, maxblac said:

She produced Venus though :hor:

Catnikko

tumblr_inline_ov7a91dbQf1upjugp_540.jpg

but yah this was one of the things i didn't like about ARTPOP, they re-used already made instrumentals and you can tell

EDIT: i forgot how awful that song is tho, donatella >>>

Also my favourite part of  Donatella is the bass synth in the bridge, this doesn't have that

Actual patient

9 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Can’t Beat the Machines is way better than Mary Jane Holland 

Agreed!

AlexanderMagno
31 minutes ago, Edonis said:

And, to be honest, I don’t think it really takes away from the album or its merits  :shrug:

23 minutes ago, maxblac said:

I think it does, to say the least. It does because Gaga said stuff like "erase your preconceived notions of my music" or "this is my most personal album" (to that date) or that she did the songs from scratch because she wanted to express her whole emotions and transform those emotions into an album. Apparently, most Zedd produced tracks were recycled instrumentals. It's not a matter of quality, it's a matter of what you say you are delivering and what you really deliver.

LADYGAGASHOOCK
1 hour ago, Edonis said:

True. Most of the time, instrumentals are like blank canvases. They could become anything. It is the songwriters job to make it into a masterpiece.Truly an ARTPOP expedition:sis:

But I guess it depends:shrug:

Infinity Wave
49 minutes ago, iCpro said:

I didn't know Aura already existed! Did it exsist in full or did Gaga take only some parts, like did she sample it or did she reused a fully made instrumental??

Colourful

Archived