Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
news

GRAMMYs: "Gaga changed music forever"

monsterdino

Featured Posts

SlaeUrAnus

I've got high hopes for a Grammy or two after this amount of promotion.

If she goes home empty handed, we riot 

giphy.gif

In my messy era.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
domixwodix

They literally copied it from this post about Jay-Z😂

it's sort of like, my past is an unfinished painting..

ModernEcstasy
1 minute ago, Ziggy said:

...did ARTPOP’s bore you? Because otherwise you’re just talking about Joanne which I don’t think is fair to base an opinion that insinuates this has been long-forming for you. Joanne is clearly an outlier and not her larger direction lol I’m just curious 

Actually,  ARTPOP is probably my most listened to album of hers. 

The thing that upsets me is the way she has handled her Album rollouts. The lack of creative videos. The way she has missed so many opportunities to release new music. 

Those opportunities are now about proving she can sing. It’s almost as though her creativity is lost. 

Dont get me wrong, I appreciate how talented she is. But it’s as if she is scared to innovate and push boundaries like she used to

James Gibson
13 minutes ago, domixwodix said:

Well, at least I believe only legends will be included in this repeated description :classy:

Ziggy
1 hour ago, ModernEcstasy said:

The thing that upsets me is the way she has handled her Album rollouts. The lack of creative videos. The way she has missed so many opportunities to release new music. 

Those opportunities are now about proving she can sing. It’s almost as though her creativity is lost. 

Dont get me wrong, I appreciate how talented she is. But it’s as if she is scared to innovate and push boundaries like she used to

Ah I see what you mean. I don’t think it’s that she’s scared but more so that she wants to be taken seriously as an artist and she was a joke after ARTPOP. So she’s been working super hard to prove that beneath all that flash there’s some immense talent. I don’t think the flash is gone, she just is being calculating about using it and hiding her time. In ARTPOP it was all crazy and people thought she was a joke so she’s trying to really firm up her credentials I think before letting herself be a little wilder. Joanne also isn’t supposed to be a crazy album. It was written as her relationship was falling apart and she had to heal. So I think now that she’s healed we’ll start seeing a different side to her again

Ziggy
13 hours ago, iCpro said:

She did more than that, she brought art back into pop. After her rise artists began making big videos again, utilising fashion, and in general putting on a full show again. 

People gave her loads of **** for trying to combine art and pop in 2013, but they didn’t realise she already did it 4 years ago :firega:

And she was on the crest of the EDM trend and bringing social media into music marketing. I think it’s important to remember her influence outside of her musical work. She changed the promo game by using Twitter the way she did. After her, every celebrity was on Twitter which ushered in widespread social media marketing in music. Would it have happened without her? Probably, but you can really say that with anything from anyone so if we’re going to attribute inevitable trends to people I’d say she gets this one most of all.

moonboywow
13 hours ago, ModernEcstasy said:

You want music released more often? Sorry this isn’t Kpop. 

Green Detox

GET. THAT. ACCLAIM. NO. LIES. DETECTED. BUT. IF. THEY. DON'T. MAKE. HER. WIN. THE. GRAMMYS. ARE. CANCELLED.

16 hours ago, Born To Slay said:

She changed music for like 3 years, let's not kid ourselves 

TF was one of the few electronic dance albums following the mid 2000s hip hop era.

After TFM, everyone jumped on Redone for productions.

Born This Way risked her relationship with the public because it attacked almost every social issue.

ARTPOP was overly ambitious.

C2C was a throwback to a classic style of music and she built her voice.

Joanne was stripped back, didn’t follow any of the current music trends and further reinforced that Gaga is a musician before anything else.

BYE

C1trus
On 1/5/2018 at 12:45 PM, swordstalker said:

Only Gaga, master of all the genres, could stop them. But when the world needed her most, she vanished. :excuseu: 100 years passed and my hunties and I discovered a new 6 time Grammy award winning singer-songwriter, a farmer named Joanne. :firega: And though her songwriting skills and instagram game are great, she has a lot to learn about album promo and choosing singles before she’s ready to save pop music again. :bon: But I believe Joanne can save the world :whitney:

Reminds me of Aang :wub:

OT:

Great complement, Academy.

Now make #MillionGrammys happen

giphy.gif

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

Economy
19 hours ago, Decodekid said:

I swear to god if they don’t give her that Grammy after using her as publicity :saladga:

The ones using her as publicity are not even the ones who vote for winners probably :awkney: 

17 hours ago, domixwodix said:

No.They copied his post from the Gaga one. Don't get it twisted.

Archived