Jump to content
society

Iceland makes it illegal to pay women less than men


Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

On Jan. 1, Iceland became the first country in the world to make it illegal to pay men more than women for doing the same job, an inequality that exists in almost every country.

THE LAW

The new rules stipulate that all companies and government agencies employing at least 25 people will have to obtain government certification of their equal-pay policies. Employers will face fines if they are found to be in violation. The current gender pay gap in Iceland is about 14% to 18%; the government reportedly plans to eradicate it by 2022.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice! It's crazy to think that something that should be a given... just isn't.

3 points in and ready for more
Link to post
Share on other sites

Radio Ga Ga

Yaaas

but I can’t believe it’s a law only in Iceland 

like all other countries are just blatantly discriminating women

Link to post
Share on other sites

Luzaleja

the fact that there has to be a law to make people pay women the same as men though :saladga:

but SLAY Iceland :tony: when will the rest of the world.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom Nook

Congrats Iceland :golfclap: giving the people Björk AND equal wage :hor:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...
Link to post
Share on other sites

Enigma
15 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

On Jan. 1, Iceland became the first country in the world to make it illegal

... I had no idea it wasn't a thing everywhere ?! Wtf :saladga:

Link to post
Share on other sites

tomsches

I swear, Iceland is Utopia for me... I'd like to live there

Spoiler

eGOu2cr.jpg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

NIGHTCRAWLER

COME THROUGH. Obviously I'm not a girl but I worship equality in every way, especially equality between men and women. I really hope that other countries will follow those steps !!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...