Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

RedOne & LG for World Cup Song

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

monketsharona
1 hour ago, Edonis said:

I HIGHLY doubt this :rip: And with what’s going on in Chechnya with the state sponsored mass murdering of LGBT people, her authenticity as an LGBT advocate and mainstream career would be over before she even makes it on a plane. 

Plus isn’t she highly discouraged from visiting Russia anyways? 

The point is not the performance but the anthem for a worldwide event. Nothing is saying she WILL perform it but that RedOne is trying to making her perform. Nothing more. World Cup is not Russian Cup..

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blackpink
1 hour ago, Neroneau said:

From the article:

"Getting a hold of the 'Million Reasons' hitmaker won't be a hard task, as he's already working with the 31-year-old pop megastar on a solo record, which will see him named as Boom Boom."

But Boom Boom doesn’t even feature Gaga :huh: 

littlepotter
10 hours ago, pophatesflops said:

shoot it run it whats it called

everybody loves it

EXPOSURE

nnnnn i cackled

chaeri pls

Edonis
1 minute ago, monketsharona said:

The point is not the performance but the anthem for a worldwide event. Nothing is saying she WILL perform it but that RedOne is trying to making her perform. Nothing more. World Cup is not Russian Cup..

Even having a song associated with an event taking place in a highly polarizing country to western media (LGBT discrimination, Chechnya, alleged Russian interference with the 2016 election, etc.) will get her dragged. The GP and western media will always hold her to a higher standard and dissect her actions under a microscope. Literally look at the Twitter response from August when she tweeted #NotUs in response to the white supremacist march, and how many days it took for her to tweet political stuff to convince social media that she wasn’t “fake-woke” or whatever, or when she was announced to perform for Coachella despite the fact that the event is sponsored by a raging homophobe.  She, nor RedOne, need that right now. 

And I’m always here for RedOne X Gaga collaborations. Unlike a very vocal group of little imposters who claim to dislike their work or whatever reason, I happen to think they work wonderfully together. But even being associated with that can potentially bring some major backlash.

monketsharona
12 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Even having a song associated with an event taking place in a highly polarizing country to western media (LGBT discrimination, Chechnya, alleged Russian interference with the 2016 election, etc.) will get her dragged. The GP and western media will always hold her to a higher standard and dissect her actions under a microscope. Literally look at the Twitter response from August when she tweeted #NotUs in response to the white supremacist march, and how many days it took for her to tweet political stuff to convince social media that she wasn’t “fake-woke” or whatever, or when she was announced to perform for Coachella despite the fact that the event is sponsored by a raging homophobe.  She, nor RedOne, need that right now. 

And I’m always here for RedOne X Gaga collaborations. Unlike a very vocal group of little imposters who claim to dislike their work or whatever reason, I happen to think they work wonderfully together. But even being associated with that can potentially bring some major backlash.

I guess it all depends on how much they'll involve in this, if they only make a video about bringing nations and differences together, it will be all fine

Knowing Gaga it will probably be the case even if the Russian shade won't be obvious. Just look at how she shaded Trump politics at the SB without making any statement and just performing BTW with the 'no matter gay, straight or bi...' part + the intro of her show.

Btw I'm also in the gang of people from the start wanting RedOne back in her discography :)  

elijahfan

RedOne's so desperate for a new Gaga hit..... Unfortunately he can be very bland and repetitive when he's working on his own, which seems to be the case here. But I could see it happen tho, if the song's really great, and if Gaga is allowed to put her own twist on it.

elijahfan
36 minutes ago, Edonis said:

It could be the right place for a statement, tho. Maybe seeing Gaga up on that stage would be important for Russian gays.

Edonis
9 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

It could be the right place for a statement, tho. Maybe seeing Gaga up on that stage would be important for Russian gays.

Fair enough, but that depends on how she’d make that statement if she performed. I highly doubt the country would issue her a visa just to go on stage and drag the political and human rights situation in Russia. She’d more likely go to jail before that’d happen. 

elijahfan
4 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Fair enough, but that depends on how she’d make that statement if she performed. I highly doubt the country would issue her a visa just to go on stage and drag the political and human rights situation in Russia. She’d more likely go to jail before that’d happen. 

Look at what she did - or didn't do - at the SuperBowl. You can make a statement without creating a diplomatic crisis, if you're subtle enough.

JupiterDrive
11 hours ago, nattuggla said:

Usually I would say that would be a good opportunity to become huge again in Europe however with everything going on with Russia/Chechnya killing gays and knowing Gaga advocating for LGBT rights I hope she won't do it just to get a hit......

Sis performed for homophobic owner of Coachella or smth everyone is doing everything for cash no matter what they say 

BornSimon
2 minutes ago, JupiterDrive said:

Sis performed for homophobic owner of Coachella or smth everyone is doing everything for cash no matter what they say 

She also performed in Azerbaijan which isn't exactly a gay friendly country. But she sang Imagine, probably to prove a point. She always makes a statement. Let the girl do whatever the **** she wants.

Archived