I think people were expecting a "serious/Emotional" tribute... :shrug: 

You mean like what Lorde did?

Both are nice for me btw.

3 minutes ago, RedTwo said:

You mean like what Lorde did?

Both are nice for me btw.

What did Lorde do?

sipthistea

I think Gaga's vision was interesting, but there was so much to be executed in a short performance, so it turned out to be messy. I think she wanted a Bowie special to perform a longer tribute, more like a concert. 

I've always liked this performance. I guess because I love the songs and her voice is amazing on them. I always go back to this performance every now and then. The only drawback is I thought it was too many songs which made it hard to get into each one. She probably should have just done 4, maybe 5. Loved the standing ovation at the end.

PerfectGUY

I looooved this performance. 

I don't think the fact that she did so many songs was the real issue tough.

I think that the problematic thing is that she only covered the commercial peak of his career and totally ignored his more experimental direction that he took for the biggest part of his life. 

I think she did a wonderful job, definitely the only person in the industry today capable of highlighting that manic energy and doing a Bowie performance justice. Sure, she could've done other songs, but the ones she did choose are some of the most well known and I'm pretty sure the Grammys weren't going to allot too much time for a tribute :shrug: 

❤ x ❤

VenusUrania

As much as I love her tribute to the iconic David Bowie, I can't help but feel like the performance was created "over night". The Intel collaboration was most definitely meant for a new song or at least a Gaga medley but Gaga being an avid Bowie fan, changed that to an iconic but slightly messy and rushed Bowie tribute

We were supposed to get the original LG5 lead single aka Frankenstein that night... :triggered: and instead we got this.. It was cute but too rushed in my opinion  :interestinga:

BadJudas

This performance...I can't forget it, because it is this one which made me a Little Monster, so much memories..!

thierryrreiht

Any of these three is better than the actual performance we got. I admire that she wanted to tribute him but I bet the original idea was gonna be much more epic.

ShockPop

Few things, hope nobody takes offense.

In the close up shot it starts with she has a monobrow. Wtf?

Her teeth are also yellow as all hell here. 

Were these things intentional?!

androiduser

for me, THE biggest disappointment ever coming from Lady Gaga, I really thought it would be one of her career defining performances, and it was just a poorly executed performance. From the selection of (too many) songs, the look, the terribly disappointing special effects... a total mess, in my opinion.

Archived