question

monster ball tour what's the difference

laughinjack

Featured Posts

austincola
1 hour ago, HausOfMark said:

Lady-GaGa-01-e1266583444868-550x383.jpg

Lady-Gaga-rocks-Manchester-during-her-UK

we cant forget these iconic looks :) (jk, this was the show where some of the costumes didnt make it to manchester)

Never seen these looks before! Serving ARTPOP before it was a thing! :giveup:

narcoswing
4 hours ago, HausOfMark said:

Lady-GaGa-01-e1266583444868-550x383.jpg

Lady-Gaga-rocks-Manchester-during-her-UK

we cant forget these iconic looks :) (jk, this was the show where some of the costumes didnt make it to manchester)

HGfgghgghsfgh Party City realness

Jokes aside didn't she have this incredibly beautiful McQueen(?) dress for SHICD before she got the living dress?

MB2.0 had the camp and glamour and grandiosity that we all know and love from Gaga, but there’s something about MB1.0 that was so special.

Maybe because it was still such a good performance, for a last minute creation. There was something so tonally serious and dark about it, that I feel like was so unlike 2.0.

I feel like MB2.0 was very similar to Telephone, and MB1.0 to Bad Romance, in the context of the aesthetic and tone of their respective videos.

3 points in and ready for more

Dayman
On 12/31/2017 at 11:53 AM, narcoswing said:

HGfgghgghsfgh Party City realness

Jokes aside didn't she have this incredibly beautiful McQueen(?) dress for SHICD before she got the living dress?

This one? It's Prada

latest?cb=20100710011704

I had the chance to see TMB1 live and it was amazing. There was something so special about it and everything. You could tell it was put together at the very last minute but it was so well done. It was like an even darker version of the TMB2 w/o the storyline. It was really all about the music and the fashion and her discovering her "monsters" (the monster of fame, money, etc). Then it became this huge pop show we know as the TMB2, which was great and we all love, but I don't know. The original version will always hold a special place in my heart. 

JTandTheHair

The original one was darker, indeed. It was more like a glance inside a drunken, drepressive state in which she danced and sang through her troubles. I had the pleasure of seeing it in the same theater where the Camden Rising concert took place in 5 Foot 2.

On the other hand, something about the Joanne tour reminds me of The original Monster Ball. Does anyone else see it? 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVDKtqAUGArOY2-irseRzvQ

Brian Newman

Seeing 1.0 was definitely quite the experience. I think seeing her in a theatre makes the most sense to this day because the frame around the stage gives it such a cool visual. It's like watching her in a frame basically, but then she stepped out of it a few times. I also loved the opening, but I was at her Boston show on 12/2 when she found out she was nominated for all those Grammys. That was also the show where she told us that the "Paws Up" motion was from a fan in Boston that day, and that it would forever be the sign of little monsters. I literally just got chills typing this out gahhhhhhh :cryga:

On 12/31/2017 at 4:19 AM, Dayman said:

MB 1.0 overall also had better fashion - but that's not really here nor there. :sis:

article-0-0777A8BD000005DC-876_634x433.j

c361bb7dbd09fa822521ac061230ee62--lady-g08c63baec4ddfb27e49d2af5d332dd52--pictur

latest?cb=20140501144647lady-gaga-and-montreal-gallery.jpg

2000?cb=20120707154952

Omg thank you for posting these... I just had a full body flashback to that year and I have so much life now. 

I still can't believe prices literally doubled overnight for Monster Ball 2.0 :derpga:

when you're gone i'll still be bloody mary

Brian Newman

I literally kick myself every day for being cheap when that tour came around. I had great seats in the orchestra, but I remember front row with a meet and greet was only like, 150 bucks? :wtfga:

On 1/2/2018 at 6:08 PM, JTandTheHair said:

The original one was darker, indeed. It was more like a glance inside a drunken, drepressive state in which she danced and sang through her troubles. I had the pleasure of seeing it in the same theater where the Camden Rising concert took place in 5 Foot 2.

On the other hand, something about the Joanne tour reminds me of The original Monster Ball. Does anyone else see it? 

I totally see it. The screens really setting the scene on stage and the outfits all feel very similar to the theater tour. I think the fashion has a lot to do with Zaldy doing some of the looks for JWT as he did for TMB. His designs really shine on stage.

Archived