Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Telephone in 2018

TheWitness

Featured Posts

Just now, that juju said:

you better defend that certified banger :reductive: 

It’s a bop and everyone will deal. 

The video is a bop and everyone will deal. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RainingOnMe

the chanting is what makes it witchy though :selena: 

She could've used backing vocals for that instead of the highly annoying chants. :giveup: I feel like the beat itself makes it witchy. Truly a gem in her discography

3 minutes ago, Doot said:

It’s a bop and everyone will deal. 

The video is a bop and everyone will deal. 

source.gif

Spoiler

jfc that's a big ass gif

❀ x ❀

source.gif

Hide contents

jfc that's a big ass gif

I seriously don’t get the Telephone hate. It was such a strong song during that era and it some of her most well known songs. 

I think the fact that it was literally so short, and Beyoncé’s was featured hurts the song when it comes to live performances because it feels incomplete. Aside from that, it’s a bop. 

I will however say that going into the next world tour, it’s time to cut some of the old singles. Telephone, Alejandro, Lovegame and Paparazzi can all go. 

so can Born This Way

Just now, Doot said:

I seriously don’t get the Telephone hate. It was such a strong song during that era and it some of her most well known songs. 

I think the fact that it was literally so short, and Beyoncé’s was featured hurts the song when it comes to live performances because it feels incomplete. Aside from that, it’s a bop. 

I will however say that going into the next world tour, it’s time to cut some of the old singles. Telephone, Alejandro, Lovegame and Paparazzi can all go. 

so can Born This Way

I hate on Telephone bc it was the weakest on the EP, but it's still a surefire banger and definitely a relic of it's age. The sonics of it don't hold up for me though, and I can see why she herself doesn't favor the song, but I don't rush to the skip button when it pops it's little head on my shuffle. :lolly: 

❀ x ❀

Henri Bardot

People is crazy 'cause Beyoncé is about to release ha new album in 2018. 

And y'all for new Gaga music.

People would go crazy over it, plus the video would be less messy. 

So yeah, a hit. But Gaga's career would be different without Telephone in TFM. 

Prabably top 10

pooiota

3 minutes ago, that juju said:

I hate on Telephone bc it was the weakest on the EP, but it's still a surefire banger and definitely a relic of it's age. The sonics of it don't hold up for me though, and I can see why she herself doesn't favor the song, but I don't rush to the skip button when it pops it's little head on my shuffle. :lolly: 

Her not liking it was totally taken the wrong way, based on that interview. She backtracks later on and simply says it was a bitch to record. The only song she has actually says that she was not a huge fan of is Money Honey (idk why that song is a bop). 

I think a lot of her choices and views on her own songs and material differs from the GP and fanbase. 

Like, I’m sure she loves the Million Reasons video :selena: 

Just now, Henri Bardot said:

People would go crazy over it, plus the video would be less messy. 

The video is one of her greatest videos ever. 

5 minutes ago, Doot said:

Her not liking it was totally taken the wrong way, based on that interview. She backtracks later on and simply says it was a bitch to record. The only song she has actually says that she was not a huge fan of is Money Honey (idk why that song is a bop). 

I think a lot of her choices and views on her own songs and material differs from the GP and fanbase. 

Like, I’m sure she loves the Million Reasons video :selena: 

I love the MR video, it made me shed a tear :oprah: 

❀ x ❀

2 minutes ago, that juju said:

I love the MR video, it made me shed a tear :oprah: 

:selena: I mean, we all have different tastes :selena: 

I personally was not a fan of any of the videos this era, but I’m glad they connected with some others. 

FentyGa
1 hour ago, Doot said:

so can Born This Way

I was agreeing with you until I read this.
Honey.
Telephone can stay but probably just as it was at the artRAVE-basically just an outdo. I think it should be somewhere, anyway.
Alejandro is a timeless bop and y'all will deal:whitney:
LoveGame is cute. If she cuts it, no big deal, but I always love the performances themselves. The costumes are always great, the disco stick is iconic.
Paparazzi is in her top 4 biggest hits, sis. BR, PF, Paparazzi, BTW.
If she cuts Born This Way, that's fine by me I'm not gonna lie here:ladyhaha:

2 minutes ago, maxblac said:

I was agreeing with you until I read this.
Honey.
Telephone can stay but probably just as it was at the artRAVE-basically just an outdo. I think it should be somewhere, anyway.
Alejandro is a timeless bop and y'all will deal:whitney:
LoveGame is cute. If she cuts it, no big deal, but I always love the performances themselves. The costumes are always great, the disco stick is iconic.
Paparazzi is in her top 4 biggest hits, sis. BR, PF, Paparazzi, BTW.
If she cuts Born This Way, that's fine by me I'm not gonna lie here:ladyhaha:

I wouldn’t call Paparazzi her top song GP and culture wise. 

Those would be Just Dance, Poker Face, Bad Romance, Telephone and Born This Way. There’s a reason she chose those for the Halftime show. 

She cant logically continue to perform the same songs every single tour forever. All artists have to cut some eventually. 

FentyGa
1 minute ago, Doot said:

I wouldn’t call Paparazzi her top song GP and culture wise. 

Those would be Just Dance, Poker Face, Bad Romance, Telephone and Born This Way. There’s a reason she chose those for the Halftime show. 

She cant logically continue to perform the same songs every single tour forever. All artists have to cut some eventually. 

I don't think anyone remembers Just Dance to be honest
It was a big song at the time, but has been forgotten. It was her debut single, that's why she continues to perform it.
Telephone wasn't that big of a song from what I remember. I was honestly shook seeing it at the Super Bowl, but maybe it was big in the US or smth because here in the UK it's not a huge song. 
Paparazzi is a title everyone recognises as a gaga song and everyone knows the Papa-paparazzi part
Though, once again that may differ based on the country.
I think of all the singles to cut, Paparazzi won't be the one because it's Gaga's favourite The Fame song.

1 minute ago, maxblac said:

I don't think anyone remembers Just Dance to be honest
It was a big song at the time, but has been forgotten. It was her debut single, that's why she continues to perform it.
Telephone wasn't that big of a song from what I remember. I was honestly shook seeing it at the Super Bowl, but maybe it was big in the US or smth because here in the UK it's not a huge song. 
Paparazzi is a title everyone recognises as a gaga song and everyone knows the Papa-paparazzi part
Though, once again that may differ based on the country.
I think of all the singles to cut, Paparazzi won't be the one because it's Gaga's favourite The Fame song.

Telephone was absolutely massive in the US. One of her biggest hits and biggest cultural impacts. 

Archived