Tina Turner
David Bowie

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Economy
1 hour ago, kevindjibouti said:

Rihanna has more hits than Madonna for sure

1 hour ago, EvilRegal said:

No, she has not.

Depends what u classify as a hit... WW? US? Top 10? Top 20?

US Top 10s is often what ppl look at most

by that measure Madonna still has Rihanna beat. And by most other measures too!

IllusionLover
1 hour ago, calmar said:

David Bowie

YAAAASSSSS

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

RAMROD

Actually Mariah Carey and Rihanna is bigger than Madonna in this case lel

MC got 18 #1s singles, she is the female Elvis since he got #18 #1s also, Rihanna got 14, and Madonna got 12 :giggle:

Younger people may think her only known song is the Christmas song, but that is mistake on their part, cos this is the only song that they ever hear :giggle:

For us adults i late 20s-early 30s, she is a very big deal. And she have plenty of memorable songs. These younguns will know how we feel when huge artists of their generations are started to be talked down and their achievements belittled by people younger than them in the next 15 years because these artists are not cool anymore or unheard of and their defense is that the only song people know is the "x song" when it is so far from the truth lmao

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ young, dumb, and full of numb (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Phoebe Buffay
4 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

MC got 18 #1s singles, she is the female Elvis since he got #18 #1s also, Rihanna got 14, and Madonna got 12 :giggle:

Younger people may think her only known song is the Christmas song, but that is mistake on their part, cos this is the only song that they ever hear :giggle:

For us adults i late 20s-early 30s, she is a very big deal. And she have plenty of memorable songs. These younguns will know how we feel when huge artists of their generations are started to be talked down and their achievements belittled by people younger than them in the next 15 years because these artists are not cool anymore or unheard of and their defense is that the only song people know is the "x song" when it is so far from the truth lmao

In the US and Japan yes, but outside of them she is not known like Madonna, MJ, Gaga, Riri, Katy...

RAMROD
Just now, EvilRegal said:

In the US and Japan yes, but outside of them she is not known like Madonna, MJ, Gaga, Riri, Katy...

Prolly. I cannot talk for them since I don't live there. :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ young, dumb, and full of numb (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

rumours

The Beatles. 

Moreover, if you include all the hits the members had with solo albums, side projects, etc. the number of hits really becomes massive. 

Economy
3 hours ago, RAMROD said:

#1s is a bad measure because a song can be big while not making it to #1 cuz of another huge hit blocking it...

also some songs rise slower and last longer making the peak a little lower as a result even if it sells just as much in total or gets as much total airplay

Take Bad Romance in the US. It did not make it to #1 yet was the #9 biggest hit of 2010 which made it a bigger hit than some songs that did go to #1

LG7 time now
3 hours ago, Drin Lon said:

She doesn't 

Lol she 300% does, she has at least 5x more hits and big hits than Madge 

Archived