Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Something about Gagadaily

Duella Dvil

Featured Posts

Duella Dvil

We tend to be quite rude to people who are very new to art, and instead of being constructive... tend to be rude. This isn't a call out to any specific person but it is something we ALL should strive to be better at.

No one started out as good as they eventually become. We all had our moments where we used cheap makeup, free software, bad vocal technique, simple sentence structure... etc. The point is to be constructive, not rude. There is a lot of talent in this website and on many others, we spend too much time fishing for likes and LMAO reacts before we actually consider what our words mean. Compliment what is good, especially if there is a solid concept and suggest how what is "bad" could be done differently. And NEVER under any circumstance poke fun at what theyre using, that is SO beyond discouraging to anyone just starting. A lot of the best products for art cost a LOT of money. So do not blame a young budding creative mind for not having the best technology or products. 

www.instagram.com/theduella666

Duella Dvil
2 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

oohh damn something happened spill the teaa hunty :reductive:

It's not something specific really it's just I've noticed this tends to happen any time ANYONE new posts on Gagadaily any of their own personal artworks. It's just unrealistic to expect every artist to be perfect right out the gate, like i stress, especially when you can see a solid concept or obvious talent.

This isn't even personal, like i just get so sick of seeing newbies get dragged after FINALLY getting a place to show off what they love. then they just get shitted on...

AlexanderMagno

I agree that we shouldn't joke about other people's efforts.

But I also hate to give false expectations to someone. Young people, specially teens, find this forum a nice place to publish their art and get positive reactions. We all love Gaga, we all are pseudo-artists. But creating an illusion might be dangerous.

Anyway, I guess the key is always having in mind that a person is not sharing the art, but the love for what it represents. If I share my drawing of Gaga, I'm not saying "hey look at this awesome drawing I made, am I talented?", I'm saying "hey look, I love Gaga so much I drew a picture of her". Both the artist and the critic must be aware. The critic must try to be realistic without laughing, and the artist must know that the art might be crappy.

When it comes to digital art, I think I try to be as reasonable as possible. I'm very critical and I don't hide it, but I try to be serious about it. I'm much, much more rude when it comes to personal opinions :green:

Duella Dvil
1 minute ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I agree that we shouldn't joke about other people's efforts.

But I also hate to give false expectations to someone. Young people, specially teens, find this forum a nice place to publish their art and get positive reactions. We all love Gaga, we all are pseudo-artists. But creating an illusion might be dangerous.

Anyway, I guess the key is always having in mind that a person is not sharing the art, but the love for what it represents. If I share my drawing of Gaga, I'm not saying "hey look at this awesome drawing I made, am I talented?", I'm saying "hey look I love Gaga so much I draw a picture of her". Both the artist and the critic must be aware. The critic must try to be realistic without laughing, and the artist must know that the art might be crappy.

When it comes to digital art, I think I try to be as reasonable as possible. I'm very critical and I don't hide it, but I try to be serious about it. I'm much, much more rude when it comes to personal opinions :green:

This is perfect. Be analytical not critical. Be honest but keep in mind that progress has a starting point.

People don't recognize Talent™ unless their rank is high enough :lolly:

But sometimes, I just can't help myself and think "well, you tried ¯\_(ツ)_/¯", because sometimes it just has "nothing of value" for lack of a better term. It's just, there :huh:
Just like some of those Tumblr fanarts that just have a filter over it.

To drag myself a bit, I wanted my Instagram to become one of those Instagram Photographers who take pictures of things they see on the street with their phones and get tons of reactions, so I began to do that but my pictures are just really not that good tbh :rip:

Duella Dvil
Just now, kvnrp said:

People don't recognize Talent™ unless their rank is high enough :lolly:

But sometimes, I just can't help myself and think "well, you tried ¯\_(ツ)_/¯", because sometimes it just has "nothing of value" for lack of a better term. It's just, there :huh:
Just like some of those Tumblr fanarts that just have a filter over it.

To drag myself a bit, I wanted my Instagram to become one of those Instagram Photographers who take pictures of things they see on the street with their phones and get tons of reactions, so I began to do that but my pictures are just really not that good tbh :rip:

One of the things that is important about that is that you recognized that you were being inauthentic. You said, "i'm gonna do what everyone else is doing" and also decided that it wasn't something you could capture correctly. Sometimes you have to find the right things at the right time with the right lighting THEN it works out. I agree with that fan art with a filter thing. i'm even guilty of it on my instagram.

2 minutes ago, Uncle ARTPOP said:

One of the things that is important about that is that you recognized that you were being inauthentic. You said, "i'm gonna do what everyone else is doing" and also decided that it wasn't something you could capture correctly. Sometimes you have to find the right things at the right time with the right lighting THEN it works out. I agree with that fan art with a filter thing. i'm even guilty of it on my instagram.

Exactly.
Now I'm like "I think I took a great picture, let me upload it so everyone can see" and don't care much about it tbh :shrug:

But some are really good tho :lolly:

Like it fatties :lolly:

But you seem to put a lot more thought into your feed in general imo.

AnnTakamaki

it's not just GGD but art community in general, many people including me alway be a very harsh self critic, we also have social media now so it's become easier to connect to other works and then when it come to judging other people work it become a mess because people tend to apply what they think is perfect on the other, if it not meet the bar then "your art is ****" :madge:. Or there are these people that like to bring other down so they can feel better about their work :awkney:. They have this whole group on FB that criticize the human anatomy for artist but most of the time they just dragging people & the whole "confession group" where they hide their identity just to do the same thing and even when your art is good they still try to bring you down by the tinest mistake.

kihlophix

I'm not young blood, but I've only been drawing for a year, and I have decided to stop posting my art here on GGD, because of how rude people are, there are times I want to quit drawing entirely, because of how RUDE people are in general everywhere, they expect me to be AMAZING... and this puts a lot of pressure on me!! because I'm not amazing, I'm new at this, I'm still making mistakes and learning. So thank you for posting this and pointing it out to people.

Archived