Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga hits that got away

little legend

Featured Posts

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starstruck - Flo Rida was huge in the late 2000s. It baffles me that it wasn't released as The Fame's third single. Could've been a #1.

Monster - Catchy, radio-friendly, and (one would assume) a natural single choice in an era modeled around "The Fame Monster." Could've been a fourth Top 5 hit for the EP.

Marry the Night - I'm a firm believer that had this been released as the album's lead single (as Gaga wanted), it would've been a #1 hit and could've formed a partnership with Born This Way like Just Dance/Poker Face – wouldn't have been quite as popular as Born This Way (as how Just Dance wasn't as popular as Poker Face), but would have been a smash to start the era and likely a #1.

ScheiĂźe - Should've been a single, certainly would have performed as well or better than Judas.

Do What U Want - Could've joined Poker Face/Bad Romance as one of her biggest smashes. Such a pity its release was so badly botched.

Gypsy - Potential #1. It screams radio hit and is a travesty it was never released as a single.

Applause - Given that this song peaked at #4 against a leak, last-minute music video, and bastardized version of what might've been an iconic VMA performance, it begs the question how it might have charted had everything gone as originally planned. I think it would've (and deserved to) hit #1.

G.U.Y. - Would've been Top 5 for sure had it been released in 2015/16 instead of 2013. Ahead of her time.

Sexxx Dreams - Nobody could've helped this, but I feel like this would *smash* if it'd been dropped as a single in 2016 or 2017 instead of 2013, given the way trends have gone. A total crossover hit – would appeal to fans of pop/electronic, but I also think R&B and the hip-hop/trap group that currently runs the streaming scene.

Diamond Heart - I don't think this is necessarily a hit that got away, but I think it certainly would have cracked the Top 10 if it had been Joanne's lead (which Perfect Illusion failed to do). I think it's a catchier song that might've created a bit more interest than PI did.

A-YO - This song would not have done well in 2016/17. Likely a Top 20 peak, maybe Top 10. It would've smashed in 2013/14, but sounds out of place in today's music.

AmenTheNight
On 27/12/2017 at 10:40 AM, little legend said:

What songs do you think that would become big hits but Gaga ignored them? 

My list is :

Starstruck 

Monster 

Dance in the Dark 

Heavy Metal Lover 

Scheibe 

Do What You Want 

Dancin in Circles 

The Cure 

I agree minus DITD and HML. Despite being AMAZING songs, their too dark, heavy (:triggered:) and not "pop" enough to get played in radios, so they would have bombed anyway. The others all could have worked very well tho.

Versace

Monster, Scheisse, Gypsy and A-YO

The Cure and DWUW scream Top 10 Billboard material , if only they were handled better. 

Archived