Hey Girl

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ArtGagaPop
39 minutes ago, FRANK1991 said:

I still don't get why Marry the Night was heavily promoted but flopped

it is such a good song wtf is wrong with the GP :neyde::saladga::interestinga:

the era had already had 4 singles heavily promoted and later singles usually tend to do worse then the first ones, no matter the song. She was overpromoted at the time and most people were very already tired of the born this way era. The video also was too long to get any huge views and go viral even though it's a good video. If MTN would been 1-3rd single i'm sure it would gone top 5 in US and most countries atleast if not #1. 

I think the era should been more spaced out and let the singles breath abit. 1st single born this way release like it was. TEOG released as 2nd single at the time it was released as a promo single + video with release. No promo singles from the album. 3rd single schisse during the summer+ VMA peformance, epic video. Marry the night released as fourth single during fall/Winter. After the winter freeze on radio was over they could have tried with a 5th single like hair or you and i but i think the 4 songs above should have been the main singles for the album and anything more would been just a nice bonus/gifts for the fans. If she didn't have judas released and destroy her radio rep i think all 4 singles would gone top 5 and TEOG would been her 4th number #1. 

Drin Lon

Real talk tho, I'm not saying that these are the only Gaga songs that could have been hits but weren't cause of lack of promo / didn't get released, but these are the sure ones :classy::

Starstruck (do I even have to say anything :bon: would have smashed if released instead of Eh Eh)

Boys Boys Boys (was already picking up on radio in many parts of the world, it's the perfect radio song, honestly would have preffered it as a single in October over Bad Romance, since Bad Romance could have been released in 2010 and would have most likely gone #1 :selena: 

Monster (Halloween classic, super super radio friendly and catchy, I've had the best responses out of any non Gaga single when playing it)

Hair (it's very radio friendly, it sounds a bit like TEOG which smashed, and it managed to peak at #12 by itself after it was released :classy:)

Marry The Night (I know it was a single but honestly after Judas happened radio drastically started playing Gaga less, so that hurt the chances of all the other singles to do bigger, especially MTN's, which was the last single. If TEOG had been the 2nd single instead, and then MTN the 3rd, it would have totally peaked somewhere around #6.)

Gypsy (radio gold and should have been either the 2nd or 3rd single, it's just amazing and made for radio.)

DWUW ft. Xtina / solo (*Not the R. Kelly version :nails:* If the first 3 singles of ARTPOP had been Applause, Gypsy, DWUW, DWUW would have totally gone top10, and it was doing amazing ww)

A-Yo  ( 100% top10 as the lead)

Less probable ones: Summerboy, Dance In The Dark, Speechless, Scheiße, HML, Aura, Venus, MANiCURE, Joanne, Dancin' In Circles, Hey Girl.

DoremonLove
1 hour ago, Original Diva said:

What song is this? 

The disrespect for slayin in circles:triggered:

How can anoyone not love gaga

SHALLOW
2 hours ago, Geese Howard said:

IMO:

Starstruck, Paper Gangsta, and Disco Heaven

Dance in the Dark, Monster, and So Happy I Could Die

Scheiße, Heavy Metal Lover, The Queen, Bad Kids and Marry the Night

Do What U Want, Gypsy, ARTPOP, and Aura

Sinner’s Prayer, Dancin’ In Circles, Diamond Heart and John Wayne

ARTPOP and aura are so not radio friendly tho

DonnieDarko
2 hours ago, little legend said:

What songs do you think that would become big hits but Gaga ignored them? 

Mine list is :

Starstruck 

Monster 

Dance in the Dark 

Heavy Metal Lover 

Scheibe 

Do What You Want 

Dancin in Circles 

HML, ScheiBe and DIC definitely not. I would agree with the rest, especially DWUW. From the ones you didn't mention - The Cure and maybe Fashion!

pedrohemg

From your list I only agree with Dance in the Dark and Scheibe . Dance in the Dark is a masterpiece that could have given us incredible live performances. Also, Gypsy could've been a massive hit.

Archived