💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

So I've been going through the archives of Media Traffic and I found out...

Drin Lon

Featured Posts

Drin Lon

...many things :poot:

For starters if you don't know what Media Traffic is, it's basically a World Wide music chart, similar to the BB Hot100 and BB 200  :lana:, but representing the entire world. 

http://www.mediatraffic.de/index.htm

So if you're like me and you have nothing better to do, give the site a look :lolly: Gaga is apparently global af (or at least she was till ARTPOP/Joanne :selena:). 

Born This Way was the 7th biggest song of 2011 :golfclap: , above Grenade and We Found Love. But don't get carried away, Grenade was not a lead single so yeah, and WFL charted in both 2011 and 2012 so that's why it doesn't have a high peak in the year end charts :lolly:

And obviously Poker Face was the biggest ww song of 2009 :bon: Bad Romance would have been the 5th biggest song of 2010 if it was released in 2010 :bon: :poot: it ended up being 7th :lolly:

Madonna was also very global and most of her hits were bigger ww than in the us.

Key word: most :poot: Like A Virgin (the song) was actually pretty local :awkney: it only peaked at #2 in the these charts, whereas songs like Papa Don't Preach, Vogue, Like A Prayer, La Isla Bonita, and even other songs, were bigger. I mean, the song wasn't a flop, it still was the 10th biggest song of 1985. 
Madonna apparently has 3 songs that were the biggest of their respective year: 
Papa Don't Preach - Biggest Song Of 1986
Like A Prayer - Biggest Song Of 1989
Music - Biggest Song Of 2000 ( which is fvcking iconic that Madge has the biggest song of the first year of the new millennium, and that song is called Music :firega:)
Vogue - it wasn't the biggest, but the 2nd biggest song of 1990 :trollga:

Also unfortunately Hung Up's success was divided into 2 years due to its release date, so it only peaked at #8 in both year end charts of 2005 and 2006. Sorry peaked higher in 2006, at 4 :laughga:

And lastly, Bey is actually local :bon:

Thomas P

The chart where Taylor is the flop. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Drin Lon
Just now, Thomas P said:

The chart where Taylor is the flop. 

Love Story was still bigger than Paparazzi which got me shook :bon:

GloZell Green

mediatraffic has a whack points system for singles, don’t look too much into it

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Thomas P
3 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

Love Story was still bigger than Paparazzi which got me shook :bon:

I’m highkey a little happy to hear that. I want Taylor to have that global impact, cause god knows gaga has it (or had it) coming out her ass.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Drin Lon
5 minutes ago, GloZell Green said:

mediatraffic has a whack points system for singles, don’t look too much into it

how so :oprah:

I was a lil surprised to see Poker Face over I Gotta Feeling since IGF spent way more weeks at #1, but then I saw that Poker Face spent more weeks in the top40 + IGF kept on charting in 2010 , so it made sense.

+Also after seeing the year end chart of many years, they just felt closer to what actually was popular those years, at least imo, so idk.

Drin Lon
Just now, Arcanum said:

That week no.7 2017 brought tears to my eyes. :kara:

Are you talking about MR :gum:

And yes me too sis, the lil single that could :diane:

GloZell Green
3 minutes ago, Drin Lon said:

how so :oprah:

I was a lil surprised to see Poker Face over I Gotta Feeling since IGF spent way more weeks at #1, but then I saw that Poker Face spent more weeks in the top40 + IGF kept on charting in 2010 , so it made sense.

It’s more accurate to look at how they did on WW charts. Mediatraffic uses horrible rough estimations to make their charts. I remember reading on ATRL that their #1 song of the year (I forgot which year) didn’t hit #1 in any market and hardly held up in the charts.

Lady Gaga | Shakira

Drin Lon
Just now, GloZell Green said:

It’s more accurate to look at how they did on WW charts. Mediatraffic uses horrible rough estimations to make their charts. I remember reading on ATRL that their #1 song of the year (I forgot which year) didn’t hit #1 in any market and hardly held up in the charts.

This was the United World Chart, isn't that the same..?

I don't think what you heard on ATRL was true since all the year end charts made sense, they even have archives of every date :lolly:

Archived