đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Debunking Lana Myths

AJK273

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, Dominic Marc said:

When was Damn You written and for what potential album?

What happened to L4L being happy and upbeat? Songs like L4L and Love are beautiful and happy but then it's as if the album is split into two distinct time frames. Election I imagine...

It was recorded on 2011 so it's probably a Born to Die demo.

We can speculate, and yes election probably played a role. But this upbeat/ happiness theme is compatible with a a few more nostalgic and meditative songs, I guess, there always has to be some diversity and also continuity of her previous work.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagadonna
30 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Another thing is that her concerts are more GP-oriented as tracklisting, they prefer her singles and more famous songs rather than current album tracks.

So, what songs do you think will make it to the L.A To the Moon tour setlist? 

FfFfFfFF
8 minutes ago, Gagadonna said:

So, what songs do you think will make it to the L.A To the Moon tour setlist? 

The singles and Cherry from Lust For Life

Nothing from Honeymoon (I hope to be wrong though).

2-3 songs from Ultraviolence.

Blue Jeans, Off to The Races, Summertime Sadness and more BTD/ Paradise songs (the majority).

FfFfFfFF
7 minutes ago, Gagadonna said:

Has she started working on her next album? 

I remember her talking about the process of writing songs in a lot of interviews. She says she loves to work and that she spends almost every day in the studio. Before the album release there are a few months of mixing, period when she gets bored and starts writing new songs. This, plus the fact that she registered a D. Bowie song means that she is currently writing.

Gagadonna
36 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

The singles and Cherry from Lust For Life

Nothing from Honeymoon (I hope to be wrong though).

2-3 songs from Ultraviolence.

Blue Jeans, Off to The Races, Summertime Sadness and more BTD/ Paradise songs (the majority).

What? That’s horrible :giveup: Poor Honeymoon 

Gagadonna
33 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I remember her talking about the process of writing songs in a lot of interviews. She says she loves to work and that she spends almost every day in the studio. Before the album release there are a few months of mixing, period when she gets bored and starts writing new songs. This, plus the fact that she registered a D. Bowie song means that she is currently writing.

Thanks you! 

Evan Peters
15 hours ago, Possibly Maybe said:

Is “Lana Del Rey” a character? I’m sure it is but I want a confirmation. 

lana likes to incorporate a lot of exaggerations of what happened in her life into her work. i guess for the sake of story telling and all. so there's a lot of lizzy grant in lana del rey, but lana del rey is definitely a vessel of sorts that she uses to play out specific lifestyles / ideas / etc. 

4 hours ago, Dominic Marc said:

What happened to L4L being happy and upbeat? Songs like L4L and Love are beautiful and happy but then it's as if the album is split into two distinct time frames. Election I imagine...

damn you was written in 2011. it may have been a part of the BTD recordings but there's really no confirmation other than the year it was made. 

as for lust for life, i feel it is happy and upbeat? more so than any of her previous work. i know it was originally going to be called the best american record, but the title song leaking probably aided in her desire to scrap the original concept and go for what it is now. that's why Yosemite wasn't included on the album even tho she hyped it. 

emma roberts is an abuser

FfFfFfFF
7 minutes ago, Evan Peters said:

lana likes to incorporate a lot of exaggerations of what happened in her life into her work. i guess for the sake of story telling and all. so there's a lot of lizzy grant in lana del rey, but lana del rey is definitely a vessel of sorts that she uses to play out specific lifestyles / ideas / etc. 

damn you was written in 2011. it may have been a part of the BTD recordings but there's really no confirmation other than the year it was made. 

as for lust for life, i feel it is happy and upbeat? more so than any of her previous work. i know it was originally going to be called the best american record, but the title song leaking probably aided in her desire to scrap the original concept and go for what it is now. that's why Yosemite wasn't included on the album even tho she hyped it. 

I agree with the first thing, but she actually said she didn't include Yosemite because it didn't fit the album, and that it had a ''desert sound'' which didn't match the ''richer sound'' of the rest of the record. Also, Summer Bummer is the Yang track of Groupie Love, Yosemite and Architecture were another couple so the fact that scrapped Architecture in the first place (which according to her happened as an artistic decision) may be the result of her scrapping Yosemite.

In4 used that as an excuse. :poot: 

Evan Peters

this thread made me realize that the reason why there's so many questions about lana is bc you can never tell when the girl is lying or not :rip: she's said plenty of things in the past that don't add up to previous comments. she's such an interesting person. i remember when i had tons of info about her songs/meaning of her songs/life due to the super sleuths that go digging. i wonder if i still have them somewhere :toofunny:

Evan Peters
2 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I agree with the first thing, but she actually said she didn't include Yosemite because it didn't fit the album, and that it had a ''desert sound'' which didn't match the ''richer sound'' of the rest of the record. Also, Summer Bummer is the Yang track of Groupie Love, Yosemite and Architecture were another couple so the fact that scrapped Architecture in the first place (which according to her happened as an artistic decision) may be the result of her scrapping Yosemite.

In4 used that as an excuse. :poot: 

i know that it didn't fit the sound of lust for life, lol. i was saying that it sonically sounds closer to best american record as compared to the actual end results of lust for life. but yes, you right. i suppose that's why people believe summer bummer and groupie love are weaker compared to the rest of the album. if yosemite and architecture were scrapped then it's likely she created GL and SB to fill up the space that was left. 

Perfume
On 12/25/2017 at 11:59 PM, Possibly Maybe said:

Is “Lana Del Rey” a character? I’m sure it is but I want a confirmation. 

I think Lana is just a name for many characters, the bad girl Carmen, the heartbroken mistress, etc. 

an angel held me like a child

Perfume
23 hours ago, Gyan said:

Black Beauty did end up in the deluxe version of Ultraviolence so i suppose it would be the Untouchable 4 now no? Lol

by the way Hollywood and Angels Forever are just :diane:

No, they're called the Untouchable 5 because at the time they were practically untouched when they were found (Her producer, Rick, accidentally left them public so just changing a few things in the url on his site would lead you to them and once they were found they spread very quickly)

Perfume
15 hours ago, Gagadonna said:

Other questions: 

1) Do you know why "Life is Beautiful" (from 'The Age of Adaline') was never released? She usually releases the songs she makes for movies (Young & Beautiful, Once Upon a Dream, Big Eyes, etc). 

2) What is her attitude to her biggest hits? Is she annoyed by the fact that the GP prefers her older music, or does she embrace her legacy without questioning? 

3) Are (some of) her music videos connected? 

1. I explained this better in a GGD thread I posted! I'll find it and link it on this post.

2. She seems to be very open and loving towards the tracks, she keeps the songs on her set lists (much to her fans dismay LMAO) but yes I'd say she embraces her legacy.

3. There's a theory on Blue Jeans, Shades of Cool, and another song being connected but I can't recall it at the moment! I'll have to think for a bit and then get back to you!

Perfume
14 hours ago, Dominic Marc said:

1. Damn You was written and recorded during the same session as Hollywood's Dead (and supposedly Roses) with Chris Braide in 2011. Both Damn You and Hollywood's Dead were meant for Born to Die and there's even final versions existing done with Emile Haynie, though their in no one's hands. We only have snippets of them!

2. I don't recall her ever saying LFL would be happy and upbeat, she did say the album would be New York sounding rather than California like previous albums back in March 2016 but that's all?

Archived