๐Ÿ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA ๐Ÿ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

New Billboard changes could negatively impact Gaga in the US

Klou

Featured Posts

Oh well I was just using that as an example, sorry. :sweat: I meant for like current songs, or for future usage.

The numbers are really sporadic and lots of songs we never get updates on (Judas, MTN, etc). My suggestion is to follow the US Charts Discussion more as Magoo posts very useful numbers for us almost everyday. If you have twitter, follow chartnews.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pop Art

The numbers are really sporadic and lots of songs we never get updates on (Judas, MTN, etc). My suggestion is to follow the US Charts Discussion more as Magoo posts very useful numbers for us almost everyday. If you have twitter, follow chartnews.

Okay, one more question. (Again, sorry!) Where does Magoo get his numbers from?

jhonyguy04

iam kinda of scared. i hope we don't "underperform" more. but it might affect all artists.

Okay, one more question. (Again, sorry!) Where does Magoo get his numbers from?

I think he calculates the amounts using the popularity pars on itunes, but I'm not 100% sure.

germagaga

Gaga's just gotta ***** herself out to all of the radio shows/channels, right? :hor:

Gaga's just gotta ***** herself out to all of the radio shows/channels, right? :hor:

Yep! Just get that Expensive Hooker persona on and she's good to go :awesome:

Arturo

impact gaga negatively? its the same for all artists. and.. who cares?

NO.

Artists like Katy Perry and Rihanna get massive airplay therefore if they have low digital sales they can still crack the Top 10

This is strange to me, because I feel like radio is less relevant than ever. (reads linked article) OK, they say they're putting more emphasis on streaming; they don't really talk about radio, except that they call streaming services "on-demand radio"?

This is strange to me, because I feel like radio is less relevant than ever. (reads linked article) OK, they say they're putting more emphasis on streaming; they don't really talk about radio, except that they call streaming services "on-demand radio"?

It's not very clear in the article, but they had to make room for streaming by cutting the digital sales impact, but airplay stayed the same. So because digital sales was cut, airplay has the upper hand now.

Can someone do the math for Marry The Night? I'd love to see where it'd be if the new rules were applied. I absolutely hate this streaming crap. :pukey:

Arturo

Can someone do the math for Marry The Night? I'd love to see where it'd be if the new rules were applied. I absolutely hate this streaming crap. :pukey:

Klou just needs to attain some numbers from Magoo and he can find out for you ;)

TypicalOpposer

I don't get how 62 + 80 + 5 supposed to equal 100?! it used to be 40% (airplay) 55% digital sales and 5% online streaming.

Arturo

I don't get how 62 + 80 + 5 supposed to equal 100?! it used to be 40% (airplay) 55% digital sales and 5% online streaming.

Well those ARE the official numbers :P

It's not using a scale of 100% to calculate. It's simply 62% of total digital sales + 80% of total airplay + 5% of total streaming. For example, streaming has some very high numbers (over 1 million sometimes), so 5% of that is actually quite a lot. It's really hard to explain, but you have to just understand the logic behind it.

Archived