💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Alejandro MV (Behind The Scenes)

Eurotrash

Featured Posts

chromaticainmyhead

I don‘t wanna be seen as pressed but I really miss those times, where her MVs were SUCH EVENTS! Not only did they reach out for her fanbase but in a massive way to society. Nearly nobody was NOT moved by her video content back then.

Everything was well planned and moreover artistically thoughtout and executed, you can tell that only by watching her BTS videos. It gets me feeling very nostalgic almost. :laughga:

I wonder why those things have changed though.. is it that people (and with that their mindset) left the HAUS who were a big part of this? 

This is content for a standalone thread .. however, I still admire her for what she does today.

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Weasel
17 minutes ago, tizian said:

I don‘t wanna be seen as pressed but I really miss those times, where her MVs were SUCH EVENTS! Not only did they reach out for her fanbase but in a massive way to society. Nearly nobody was NOT moved by her video content back then.

Everything was well planned and moreover artistically thoughtout and executed, you can tell that only by watching her BTS videos. It gets me feeling very nostalgic almost. :laughga:

I wonder why those things have changed though.. is it that people (and with that their mindset) left the HAUS who were a big part of this? 

This is content for a standalone thread .. however, I still admire her for what she does today.

Hmm I question this myself sometimes and I feel like we might also be slightly biased because of nostalgia. Looking back, the Bad Romance video really is so so for example.

I think it all started from TEOG vid release. Judas was her last really well executed vid IMO. She's had some good scenes here and there after, but it never felt quite the same. 

This downward trend in music vids isn't just related to Gaga tho. It seems like all music videos are really lackluster as of late. Maybe it has to do with the shift from people listening to music through streaming instead of looking the song up on YT? It's been ages since we've had a controversial video from any artist I feel? 

I really hope that for the next era, the music videos will be more cohesive again and visually more interesting with distinct looks, sets, effects and what not. 

LordEnigma
12 hours ago, DoremonLove said:

Gaga is so skinny here:sara:

Yeah - do you know why she was so skinny? Not for cute reasons.

HighwayFantasy

I am speechless after watching this with headphones on. This is history, a legend, a queen. Please bring me back to 2010.. 

HausOfMark

I was watching music videos this morning with my new Beats and I ran into this video and it had 2 views on it!

Great video!!

-Mark

SMILE2NE1
9 hours ago, tizian said:

What Gaga got well before Judas was a hit song together with a hit video which made it an event. I would say every video from Just Dance to Alejandro were good and all the songs were a hit. 

After Alejandro, it felt like she no longer cared about a pop video that was a huge event, more so than pushing a message that might not be as pop as before. I would also say that it would also started from her self directing her videos - Judas, MTN, You & I. By the time G.U.Y. came around, no one cared enough about the song for the video to be a big hit. 

TEOG - good hit / bad video
You&I - semi hit/ okay video
MTN - not a hit/good video
Applause - semi hit/ okay video
DWUW - hit / no video
G.U.Y - not a hit / good video
Perfect Illusion - not a hit/okay video
Million Reasons - hit / bad video

Archived