Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
question

Is Gaga coming for that Best Actress Oscar?

Spock

Featured Posts

Felipe Brockveld

One for Music/Soundtrack is already on her pocket. It is obvious... She is an amazing singer, an amazing actress and an amazing songwriter... Of course she is snatching some of these...

Like a fan, I hope she goes for Titanic-level # of awards. We will have to wait.

But really, I just want to watch ASIB, I was anxious to get it in May, now Ill have to wait till Oct. Im GAGAAAAAAAAA RELEASEEEEE IT GUUUURLLLL

23 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I pray she gets nominated, but I don't have much faith... it's quite pretentious of us fans to think she should be nominated for her first role ever, and we haven't even seen the trailer

Agree. I think we should be a bit more humble about this. Only 4 actresses get nominated. (since one is reserved for Meryl Streep lol) We can hope and pray, but are expectations should be low even if she does a great job.

Anderson123

There's a possibility that she does get a nomination but depends on the movies that are released around that time. There are a lot of really good actresses right now so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Just this year I thought Isabelle Huppert, Meryl and Natalie Portman deserved it way more than Emma Stone. It is a really tough category because they usually nominate the BEST of the best. I honestly don't see her winning one for acting but getting a nomination would be a HUGE surprise.

I don't think she has a chance in hell for her debut and first (hypothetical) "nomination". I think even a nomination would be incredible.

That's no shade to Gaga either - Even Meryl Streep, who is obviously one of the most acclaimed actors of our lifetime, has won 3 academy awards out of the 20 she was nominated for. Even if Gaga is nominated she will no doubt be in competition with some established, respected names attached to heavily acclaimed films.

I think she has a good shot for Best Original Song though! Although of course I will need to actually wait until the movie is released, it's what Gaga does best so I'd be surprised if she doesn't deliver something.

retrophyyysical
1 hour ago, Spock said:

ASIB will now be released during Awards Season and given a push by Warners

Is she coming for that EGOT?

gaga.jpg

It's tough to say. The awards race is an ever evolving beast, and it's too soon to say before all of the pieces of the puzzle fall into place. There's a lot of jockeying for position during awards season. October is traditionally (within the last 15 years or so) the prime month to release a best picture winner, and it sounds like ASIB might debut on the fall festival circuit (I'd imagine Toronto is in the cards as a likely launching pad, given the last-minute publicity boost Gaga gave them with FFT earlier this year). If WB is confident in it, I could also see it maybe getting the jump on Toronto and debuting in Venice. But, there are way too many factors to consider right now to give a definitive answer. 

First thing's first, though: it needs the reviews. Second, it needs box office. Positive positioning on the festival circuit won't mean anything unless it has those. And as we've seen with other musicians making the transition into Hollywood, critics often have their daggers out when it comes to their projects. 

Right now, I think it's safe to assume that the film will at least be in the running for: 

Best Original Song 
Best Sound Mixing/Editing (Steve Morrow recorded all the songs live on set, and has been nominated before for doing the same thing on La La Land, while movies like Les Miserables also did this in the past and appeared in the sound categories as well). 

DoremonLove

Yes she will win her frist oscar for acting :rockstar:. So after JWT ends the time till movie releases she will prepare her oscar winning speech :tony: yaaasss doll:gaycat:

How can anoyone not love gaga

Archived