Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
throwback

Article from last year predicts jazz Vegas Residency from Gaga

Bebe

Featured Posts

“Pokerface” hitmaker Lady Gaga is reportedly in negotiations to play a string of jazz shows at Monte Carlo’s newly-renovated Park Theater.

The 30-year-old could be the next A-list musician doing a residency in Las Vegas which is 5,000-capacity Park Theater at Monte Carlo Hotel.

http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/music/lady-gaga-may-head-to-las-vegas-for-a-residency-2840860/

It was also previously talked about here:

Seems like this has been heavily planned and discussed for a very long time now. Articles written since June, 2016 but no doubt discussions would have started a little before that. She is going to be performing at the Park Theater at Monte Carlo as speculated, I wonder if the Jazz part is true too. I'm sure that would go down super well here.

DRb_0ZjX4AAYNsX.jpg

Genuinely though, although I'm basically 100% sure it will be a pop show, I would kinda live for a Vegas show like:

i think there'll be a jazz section halfway through

probably will go something like:

1. pop

2. Jazz

3. more pop

4. Ballads

5. More pop + encore

MaybeKermit
1 hour ago, alejandro24 said:

Jazx aka it will be a dud. Her fans want pop and she knows it.  how much did that cheek2cheek gross again

uhm C2C won a grammy and sold really well :awkney:

+ 'her fans want ....', really? We should know by now that not everything she does is 'for her fans', even if she says it is.
No matter what y'all think, she is still a commercial/mainstream artist and NEEDS the GP to survive. She's seen what her ignoring the GP (aka ARTPOP) did to her, and she ain't going down that road again :nails:

Her whole career the past few years was centered on WINNING BACK the GP, so yeah... I'm sure she will play at least one Jazz song during the show, just to please everybody.

gagarox
4 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

uhm C2C won a grammy and sold really well :awkney:

+ 'her fans want ....', really? We should know by now that not everything she does is 'for her fans', even if she says it is.
No matter what y'all think, she is still a commercial/mainstream artist and NEEDS the GP to survive. She's seen what her ignoring the GP (aka ARTPOP) did to her, and she ain't going down that road again :nails:

Her whole career the past few years was centered on WINNING BACK the GP, so yeah... I'm sure she will play at least one Jazz song during the show, just to please everybody.

she hasnt delivered a properly planned era with proper music videos since born this way when we got 5 movies. So  gp does want pop from her... along with the traditional stuff for old people. I doubt old people will flock to vegas to see her its mostly the young crowd

MaybeKermit
31 minutes ago, alejandro24 said:

she hasnt delivered a properly planned era with proper music videos since born this way when we got 5 movies. So  gp does want pop from her... along with the traditional stuff for old people. I doubt old people will flock to vegas to see her its mostly the young crowd

I wasn't really talking about which genre she should do. Just giving my opinion on the what the fans want' narrative :rip: 

It's more than 100% clear that the GP wants POP from her though.... They prefer TF/TFM-songs above all her newer stuff without a doubt. But I think she is WAAAAY to stubborn to just give us what we want. She is all about evolving and doing sth now, so I'm not sure what we'll get this time :madge:

gagarox
3 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

I wasn't really talking about which genre she should do. Just giving my opinion on the what the fans want' narrative :rip: 

It's more than 100% clear that the GP wants POP from her though.... They prefer TF/TFM-songs above all her newer stuff without a doubt. But I think she is WAAAAY to stubborn to just give us what we want. She is all about evolving and doing sth now, so I'm not sure what we'll get this time :madge:

her studio sessions with djws and nick monson over past few  weeks tell a different story  We are definitely getting a hybrid of TFM+ ARTPOP next era 

MaybeKermit
15 minutes ago, alejandro24 said:

her studio sessions with djws and nick monson over past few  weeks tell a different story  We are definitely getting a hybrid of TFM+ ARTPOP next era 

well... They also produced 'The Cure' - which sounded very on trend and kind of 'basic' in a way... (I mean, too basic to be on ARTPOP or TFM)

RochestrMonstr

I would love for her to mix pop and jazz for the show.  I’m really curious to see what she ends up doing! 

Many of her fans on this site don’t care for her jazz, which is understandable, but I love it. 

Archived