💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

There is no over the top....

giskardsb

Featured Posts

giskardsb

remember the simpsons/Gaga part where dancers are carrying her in the egg and saying "there is no over the top... there is no over the top..."

Well, In Vegas, there is no over the top.

It's about Huge spectacles and over the top productions.   Think Seigfried and Roy and any of a bunch of other shows.  Gaga herself is stoked and said "I was made for this town, and I can’t wait to light up the Park Theater like never before! ".  You think she's going to play it safe and put together a boring show, there is no way that will happen. 

When she says she is "made for this town" it's because she is a high spectacle entertainer with broad ranging skills, a show-woman without peer.  She can be her own variety act and give a performance that ranges everywhere and in every genre, using only her own material.  With a stationary venue expect more set changes, complete set changes not just a few props rolling in and out.   Change the set from pure pop to gritty new york to a speakeasy to a beautiful piano stage, no problem.   As many backup dancers as she wants, show-girls, even acrobats.   Hell, I'd be all in for Cirque Du Soleil to be involved in this.

This is going to be awesome.

giskardsb
2 minutes ago, Joanne Monster said:

She'll be playing in a theatre. No way will it have a bigger production than JWT

Vegas shows can be extremely complex.   The Staging won't be as large but it can be more varied.

giskardsb
5 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

giphy.gif

this GIF says much more about twitter and many GGD "fans" than it does about Gaga.  Basically a bunch of people with no respect and worshipping a fantasy pop star with no care about the real person.

pedrohemg
2 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

this GIF says much more about twitter and many GGD "fans" than it does about Gaga.  Basically a bunch of people with no respect and worshipping a fantasy pop star with no care about the real person.

you must be fun at parties.

hoeslay
9 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

Vegas shows can be extremely complex.   The Staging won't be as large but it can be more varied.

THIS! The stage is only PHYSICALLY smaller. But with the right set designer and creative team it can be functionally and visually BEYOND more dynamic than even the JWT. Tbh the JWT isn't even my favorite stage design because it's beautiful but it really is primarily shifting platforms and screens - she can do so much more with a Vegas show. 

ryanripley
2 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

you must be fun at parties.

aren't you the one on the threads being negative about the residency? :oprah: 

if i was at a party, i'd rather be around someone optimistic 

1475535099-gagawyd.png

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

pedrohemg
5 minutes ago, hoeslay said:

Ok but I'd stan an entrance like this

Yeah, totally. Thanks for understanding the joke and making a nice comment about it and not being rude.:)

Archived