Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

If Jewels N' Drugs were released today it would be a hit

RadioIsOurs

Featured Posts

I actually like the song (Chi rap, Bay area rap, Atlanta rap, and Gaga in one song?), but I'm not too sure it would be a mega hit.

Like, the names and the sound aren't bad, but it's a lot... quirkier and campier and kind of gayer than a lot of soundcloud-rap straight boy hip hop.

3 points in and ready for more

1 hour ago, Doot said:

I think we’ve established that this fan base has no idea what would and wouldn’t smash on the charts. 

I occasionally have flashbacks to every stan in 2013 who were so damn sure that G.U.Y. would be her next signature hit.

3 points in and ready for more

Edonis

I doubt it, because it still differs significantly from the current SoundCloud/trap music that you’re referring to. Particularly on the verses delivered by T.I. and Too Short, they’re way more over the top and fluctuate much more than the verses on current trap songs, which are more mellow and almost one-tone at times. If that makes any sense at all :sweat:

8 minutes ago, Miel said:

I occasionally have flashbacks to every stan in 2013 who were so damn sure that G.U.Y. would be her next signature hit.

and Marry the Night.

And Perfect Illusion.

:smh:

YorkieCat

That’s the only gaga song I won’t listen, horrible horrible 🤭 But yeah you’re right it would be a hit today

RochestrMonstr

I've always thought of J&D as more of a funny song, almost a parody.  I love it, but I don't think it would really be a hit in any era.  

Archived