Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

LWYMMD Only Taylor's 11th Biggest Hit

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

Thomas P
11 minutes ago, Venusfly said:

I don't think the album is selling too well either, we can't deny it had amazing massive frontloaded sales but the streaming and pure sales every week after have been poor

Album sales have been pretty great. It’s certified 3x platinum, so it’s got about 3 million equivalent units. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours

Apparently, Reputation was certified 3x platinum in the US... Idk how that's possible, but eh.

I really just wish the material was better. LWYMMD was indeed quite front-loaded, but I would certainly still call it a hit. 

2 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Interesting comment. Cuz its similar. Born This Way the song fell off the Hot 100 after only 20 weeks,, even though it spent 6 weeks at #1. Much like LWYMMD is doing week wise. Then Judas underperformed like Ready For It is. And perhaps End Game is here to be her Edge of Glory 

End Game is still gaining on radio and is one of the better songs on the album. I could easily see it being a top 20 hit with decent staying power if promo is handled appropriately.

16 minutes ago, Fiona Apple said:

Still the album is selling great and End Game will most likely smash.

It's in the Top 40 without being a single. It's going to be a hit song.

TheRoof
15 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

yea, i find it VERY weird how it suddenly climbed to #1 on pop radio SO FAST and then just plummeted the week after it reached #1

she did a deal with some radio station company with the condition of perform in december and she did , then after hiting number 1 in pop  the deal was done.

LordEnigma
24 minutes ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

she did a deal with some radio station company with the condition of perform in december and she did , then after hiting number 1 in pop  the deal was done.

Receipts?

Every pop stars has their peaks. The follow up of their peak album will get a good performing lead single, the later songs will just not smash, then they will have a flop era, after that it really depends on how skilled the pop star is to revive.

Teenage Dream -> Prism -> Witness

The Fame Monster -> Born This Way -> ARTPOP

Lextyr97
55 minutes ago, Venusfly said:

I don't think the album is selling too well either, we can't deny it had amazing massive frontloaded sales but the streaming and pure sales every week after have been poor

Are you kidding lmao

bloody g

Probably money for radio payola ran out without it growing organically.

What happened with MR basically

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Judas Baby
1 hour ago, Fiona Apple said:

Look What U Made Me Do was clearly supposed to be a frontloaded hit. It did its job and it did it greatly.They even deleted it from the radio before the end of its run.

Ready For It was not supposed to be a single I believe and because it was extremely liked they changed their plan and made a huge mess.

I don't believe that these 2 singles can be compared with the first singles of her previous albums that were greatly promoted and organized.

Still the album is selling great and End Game will most likely smash.

:grr:I Did something Bad needs to go diamond now

Joanne Monster

47 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

Receipts?

"According to two people familiar with the ­situation, Swift's record label made a push to get "Look" to No. 1, then backed off, which led to the chart drop. (Big Machine Records declined to ­comment on marketing or promotion.)

"Everyone was 'helping the program,' if you will, and then it just kind of burned and it was over," says one radio executive about "Look." "It never really researched like a long-standing power, like she's had in the past. It was more of a statement single."

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8030254/taylor-swift-reputation-charging-no-1-despite-radio-chart-drop

1 hour ago, Rumours1977 said:

Apparently, Reputation was certified 3x platinum in the US... Idk how that's possible, but eh.

I really just wish the material was better. LWYMMD was indeed quite front-loaded, but I would certainly still call it a hit. 

End Game is still gaining on radio and is one of the better songs on the album. I could easily see it being a top 20 hit with decent staying power if promo is handled appropriately.

Shipments. It didn't sell that much yet, obviously

Joanne Monster
1 hour ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

Interesting comment. Cuz its similar. Born This Way the song fell off the Hot 100 after only 20 weeks,, even though it spent 6 weeks at #1. Much like LWYMMD is doing week wise. Then Judas underperformed like Ready For It is. And perhaps End Game is here to be her Edge of Glory 

BTW went recurrent, otherwise it would have lasted longer. Look on the other hand might not even reach recurrency.

Archived