Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Most experimental Gaga song?

FfFfFfFF

Which one?  

288 members have voted

1. 1. ?

Featured Posts

How the hell is Aura winning though? It’s just an EDM pop track with oriental influences and it’s pretty much Poker Face 4.0. Besides, Gaga doesn’t make experimental music, everything she’s created so far makes sense and ultimately blends into the pop music category, everything’s catchy and ready to hit the air waves.

However, there are some peculiar tracks such as ARTPOP, Hair, Heavy Metal Lover, Americano, Dance in the Dark, SHICD, Scheiße, Teeth, Bloody Mary and maybe even PI that stand out from the usual stuff she releases, but still, i wouldn’t call any of those tracks experimental. She’s just adding different dressings to the same, old salad.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TEANUS

Bad Romance, Heavy Metal Lover, Electric Chapel, Government Hooker, Aura, ARTPOP, Venus, Swine, Sexxx Dreams, John Wayne, and Angel Down are all her most experimental tracks

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Pop Music

Swine or cake like lady gaga

Gaga đź’ťTaylor đź’ťCarly Rae đź’ťRina đź’ťMARINA đź’ťBritneyđź’ťLights đź’ťShania đź’ťSigridđź’ť

Definitely Aura. I don't necessarily like Aura, but it's the only one that I'd say is musically experimental.

Gaga isn't a very experimental person musically, though, which is a shame.

bannedT for life and it's SAD

I don’t think Gaga is very experimental but I also think that’s intentional. She *wants* to be doing pop because she wants to turn the expectations for it on its head. That is through performance, music video, fashion, etc. 

Personally, I think she could be experimental if she wanted to be (I think she wanted to with ARTPOP but she was told to reign it in), but for the most part she doesn’t want to because part of her schtick is killer hooks and melodies that she subverts in performances (or at least tries to).

John Wayne is nothing like I've ever heard before tbh

The way she mixed this heavy electronic beat, with those synths, the country vibes to it, the lacking of a big chorus,

mindblown tbh

Maria Brink

ARTPOP is the most experimental song because unlike the rest of her discography, ARTPOP is for the majority on the synthesizer. Brings us back to synth-pop, Depeche Mode kinda vibe... ARTPOP is her most synth dominant song which makes it the most experimental. xoxo, gaga

Maria Brink
2 hours ago, Sailor said:

Definitely Aura. I don't necessarily like Aura, but it's the only one that I'd say is musically experimental.

Gaga isn't a very experimental person musically, though, which is a shame.

.... this must be a joke. She went from bubbly pop to dark pop, from dark pop to EDM, from EDM to Jazz, from Jazz into a more rock and pop hybrid with Joanne... Not to mention she has touched on RnB and rap... She has gone from an Avant Garde pop star into a mature musician with a grown up vibe... Im sorry but if thats not experimental... I don't know what your idea of being an experimental musician is... :selena:

9 minutes ago, gagasrat said:

.... this must be a joke. She went from bubbly pop to dark pop, from dark pop to EDM, from EDM to Jazz, from Jazz into a more rock and pop hybrid with Joanne... Not to mention she has touched on RnB and rap... She has gone from an Avant Garde pop star into a mature musician with a grown up vibe... Im sorry but if thats not experimental... I don't know what your idea of being an experimental musician is... :selena:

Uh, none of those genres are particularly experimental. If you mean experimental in the sense that she has moved on to many other genres, then yes, she has done that and it's incredible. But that is not experimental music. :duck:

Look up artists like The Residents, David Bowie (his later years, more specifically), or even Kate Bush, and that is experimental music.

Gaga is avant-garde purely in visual and performance. Which is great. But I think she wanted to be experimental musically for ARTPOP, but just couldn't, so poured that side of her into the aesthetics instead. :toofunny:

bannedT for life and it's SAD

Archived