💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Lorde Spark This Trend?

BlingNotTheMusic

Featured Posts

lmao that is one of the sounds on an 808 which is a drum machine invented in the 1980s and is the same one that you hear in like almost all popular music 

so no lorde did not spark this "trend" 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FATCAT

That's not a trend, so no, but if it were a trend, it'd still be no. It has a lot of precedent.

Purr more, hiss less.

RAMROD

:sharon:

Not at all.

That stuff is as old as music itself. It is called metronome (most :musician: today who familiar with pro tolls and such known it as click track) and it is there to keep the tempo of the song correct, while adding volume itself so to not sounds o bland.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Matangi

yeah that sounds been around for decades, but TBH its popularization and use in pop music definitely is rooted in trap and hip hop

1 hour ago, Acsnpdx8 said:

LDR “Cherry”, and a few other songs also. 

Lana has been doing this sound since Honeymoon with songs like Freak and Art Deco :grr:

DaddyFranco
2 minutes ago, Chrastapher said:

Lana has been doing this sound since Honeymoon with songs like Freak and Art Deco :grr:

Also high by the beach

SychosSoChic

Ugh I don't even know what you guys are all talking about with tik tik booms and Tik Toks. THOSE STRINGS LADIES. THOSE STRINGS.

YES LORDE STARTED THE TREND

SHE STARTED EVERY TREND

SHE IS THE PARAGON OF POP

THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER LIKE HER

STAN

tumblr_owg9wz9I4s1u6n38po1_250.gif

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Helxig

Just a sidenote: I really like when the rap/trap sound is added in the right way to a song. Adds some flair and makes it interesting and catchy. It can make a slow song feel more upbeat without speeding up the tempo. And I've always like when artists blend genres :tony:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

That's just 808 hi-hat's, you put lots of them and combine with low hats and kick and produces that effect. And that's the drumkit you use in trap, that's where this comes from, and has been incorporated in pop music for at least the last 4 years.

BlingNotTheMusic
5 hours ago, Killa said:

That's just 808 hi-hat's, you put lots of them and combine with low hats and kick and produces that effect. And that's the drumkit you use in trap, that's where this comes from, and has been incorporated in pop music for at least the last 4 years.

Thanks! So the question is, who do you think started using them 1st In pop music in the last 5 years or so? I feel like they’ve been around a while but I only recently started seeing it in pop songs. 

ALGAYDO
35 minutes ago, Acsnpdx8 said:

Thanks! So the question is, who do you think started using them 1st In pop music in the last 5 years or so? I feel like they’ve been around a while but I only recently started seeing it in pop songs. 

Because Trap (well, Urban music in general tbh) has been slowly reclaiming it’s dominance in the music industry this past decade or so. So it’s only fitting that elements of that genre will seep it’s way into other mainstream genres like Pop. 

1 hour ago, Acsnpdx8 said:

Gaga has it in MANiCURE and JnD. Miley used it in songs on Bangerz. I'm willing to bet it's in every Nicki album. The reason it's popular right now in pop music is because hip hop (which is currently mostly Trap music) is the most popular and highest selling genre at the moment. Lorde is not original in using this sound. She's actually being a bit lazy/pandering by picking this sound imo

JazzGa

That's just a hip hop production trick. Hip hop/pop crossover has been happening for forever but it hit the mainstream (again, after a period of being out of style in favor of EDM/dance) probably in like 2013

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Archived