OUT NOW!
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

LG6 Lead single

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

ApplauseftAdele

Ok bear with me:

There are 2 types of lead singles an artist releases: the explosive hyped one, and the slow grower.

Many times artists with large Fanbases like Katy Taylor and Gaga will have huge hype surrounding their leads. The lead single will be a hyped up song that many will anticipate and debut high, but then drop off. (Applause, LWYMMD, Chained to the Rhythm, Focus, Anaconda, Pillowtalk, Sign of the Times, 24K Magic)

With the rise of streaming, however, we start to see the rise of slow growers, which debut low and slowly climb up the charts. Because of how streaming works, many times less famous artists now have an easier time climbing to #1. (Havana, New rules, Bodak Yellow, Bad & Boujee, Work, Side to Side, That's What I Like)

the difference between the two is that the slow growers often aren't as explosive or shocking , but you hear it the first time and it's interesting. Think thats what I like by Bruno mars, Havana by Camila. But the next time you hear it you start singing a long and suddenly... you slowly fall in love with it. Explosive leads like 24K Magic or Crying in the club on the other hand have a huge initial reaction because it's a lead single but they tend to "peak" toward the beginning. 

Which Type of single would you rather have Gaga release for Lg6's lead?

Decodekid

great observation! and yes you're so right about the slowly learning to love it part, i remember hating Havana when it was released, then later finding some interest in it during late August, and then BOOM a hit. 

Long Live Gretchen

doppelganger

Slow burners existed way before streaming. There was a day when most singles were slow burners, while those that debuted at #1 we’re anomalies. Even up to the 90s very very few singles debuted atop the Hot 100  

I definitely prefer a slow burner. 

Archived