Jump to content
tech

Instagram to remove DMs from core app, new stand-alone app in the works


Fatigay

Featured Posts

Fatigay

Following in the footsteps of parent company Facebook, Instagram is beginning a test in six countries today that will see the launch of a new standalone app called "Direct," which will be solely focused on direct messaging friends and family members. As reported by The Verge, this could be the "first step" toward potentially removing messaging features from the main Instagram app. 

Direct is said to open to a camera like Snapchat, encouraging you to send photo messages to friends, and then you can swipe to go left to see your profile and settings, or right to navigate to your list of recent contacts. Direct also includes all of the usual filters, doodle tools, and photo effects Instagram has launched in stories and picture editing over the past year, as well as four new exclusive filters. "That's the whole app," according to The Verge.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/12/07/instagram-standalone-messaging-app/

 

OgF2zX7.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

donutellha

I AINT SENDING MEMES ON A DIFFERENT APP

E4w3a6e.gif  

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.
Link to post
Share on other sites

LetsGetHigh

Why...? I don't understand this at all. What could the motive be? 

Facebook is so ****ing retarded it hurts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

LetsGetHigh
4 minutes ago, thierryrreiht said:

as well as four new exclusive filters.

oh wow i am shaking! let me go get this extra baggage of an app! FOUR NEW EXCLUSIVE FILTERS!!!!!!!!!!

SHOOK

ETH!!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, donutellha said:

I AINT SENDING MEMES ON A DIFFERENT APP

E4w3a6e.gif  

Instagram memes are on such a different level :air:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Morphine Prince

Honestly I thought it was dumb when Facebook decided to make the Messenger app but now I prefer it than having it all in just the Facebook app. 

So I probably won't mind this. I use Instagram DM's much less anyway. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, LetsGetHigh said:

oh wow i am shaking! let me go get this extra baggage of an app! FOUR NEW EXCLUSIVE FILTERS!!!!!!!!!!

SHOOK

ETH!!!!!!!

Apple and Google push updates to their operating systems and the biggest feature are like 5 new emojis and people go crazy :madge:

Someone, somewhere is now like "I NEED THIS"

:madge:

Link to post
Share on other sites

ryhanna

Lol good luck with that. There's literally zero point when FB Messenger and Snapchat already exist. No one will be downloading this 

Link to post
Share on other sites

ALL MY FRIEND CONVOS ARE THERE! :grr:

3ab67df0ec1dec60361712328a19601a001858cc

Mrs. Caca's career found dead in a ditch, re-evaluation process started.
Link to post
Share on other sites

WeDontStop

First, they change the beautiful Polaroid logo into an ugly washing machine, then THIS? No... :nails:

i got the boys in dubai
Link to post
Share on other sites

monsterdino

god...please no I dont need more apps to take more of my storage just so they can make more moneny

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ARTPOPrincess said:

First, they change the beautiful Polaroid logo into an ugly washing machine, then THIS? No... :nails:

The new app icon is fabulous though so. :toofunny::whitney: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...