šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Everything Wrong With ARTPOP (feat. mrmeela)

teawhore

Featured Posts

ARTPOP2
4 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

ARTPOP the album is like the album cover, like the experience itself. Chopped up, dissected, stitched together, inverted. It all makes sense. But only inĀ a meta kind of way.

Exactly, you can connect to it on a spiritual level after listenning to it many times. I swear, ARTPOP is a spiritual experience even if all what people see is songs about sex and drugs...

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ricardo

The only flaw I see is that it was released way too late, theĀ EDM trend was already fading around the time of the release, she came late to the party

MaybeKermit
2 hours ago, Ricardo said:

The only flaw I see is that it was released way too late, theĀ EDM trend was already fading around the time of the release, she came late to the party

this, and tbh if you do something you need to go alllll the way. In some points I just felt she wasnt pushing herself hard ENOUGH. There are only a couple of songs on the album that I would label as 'innovative'. Most of the songs are actual normal pop songs with the same song structures and formulas...

Don't kill me, but I still believe that Miley & her dead petz is a way better representation of ARTPOP, than ARTPOP itself (MUSIC WISE). It's way more daring, experimental and cohesive.

Helxig

I think what people are missing with ARTPOP, is that the concept was to show people her diversity while still remaining within the pop sphere. Think about the tracklist. She has:

- EDM pop

- experimental pop

-synth pop

- rap/trap pop

- rock pop

- R&B pop

- alternative pop

- ballad pop

- slow songs, fast songs, fun songs, serious songs, influences of europop, industrial, dubstep, literally so many genres mashed into one album

Ā 

From what I gather about the situation she felt very controlled at the time of conceptualising ARTPOP. Pulled in different directions by her fans, management, the GP, her label, friends, everyone. So she decided it was a time to prove to the world that she could just do everything, and that became the concept.

But like you said, she just wasn't in the right place in her life at the time to put out an album like thisĀ and it didn't all go as planned.

But as messy as the ARTPOP era was, I still love every part of that wild journey! And the album has a special place in my heartĀ :flutter:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

3 hours ago, macca said:

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with ARTPOP. End thread

tumblr_mie6xvactm1s1oplxo1_5001.gif

"stop living in delusion [...] ma ma pa pa pa..."

ryanripley
5 hours ago, macca said:

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with ARTPOP. End thread

:ladyhaha:Ā 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Oriane

All the songs fit into the album, read my analysis xoxo

Ā 

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

1 hour ago, kevindjibouti said:

tumblr_mie6xvactm1s1oplxo1_5001.gif

"stop living in delusion [...] ma ma pa pa pa..."

Itā€™s one of her best albums.Ā The only delusion around here comes from the sisā€™s who think Joanne is a better body of workĀ :ladyhaha:

ModernEcstasy

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.Ā 

But not on this subject. ARTPOP is perfect and I will hear no more about it. Thank you. Goodnight. Ā :gaycat:

GPSSIGNALLOST

"ARTPOP" has its flaws, but I wouldn't entitle it as a complete mess. :selena:
I think Gaga is "too early" in her career to achieve a milestone and set a tone for her career.
She is a great artist and that's why she is able to experiment throughout possible genre combinations and mashups.

With "ARTPOP" she was on a peak she reached because of this Pop momentum the music industry has been going through in the late 2000s / early 2010s. But we all knew (generic) Pop music was no longer a thing while DJs like Avicii, David Guetta and others were pushing music in a more EDM based genre. (Gaga did that, too, but she didn't mainstream it as ... omnipresent as they were.)

With "Joanne" she experimented one more time and used the momentum of finding "alternative genres" which compete with today's mainstream - Latin pop, the "reinvention" of Rap music / Hip Hop (e.g. Desiigner) - and made Country sexy again. (Although we had Ms. Swift being the one making Country kind of mainstream and drifting into Pop, but ok.) That's why a lot of artists followed here idea. (Kesha's "Rainbow" and Miley's "Younger Now".)

Overall what I am trying to say is:Ā 
Lady Gaga is not the one to fully fail or disappoint because she is no longer in a position to establish herself nor she needs to satisfy or saturate the audience with the music. In less than 10 years she achieved a lot more than other artists still dream of.
It's just that she works her best into what she offers.
"ARTPOP" was not what I expected after being fully satisfied by TFM and BTW but this album's still a piece no one wants to miss because of its diversity and oddity it brings to the discography of Lady Gaga. Just like "Joanne", it's a unique masterpiece.Ā 

ryanripley
1 hour ago, macca said:

Itā€™s one of her best albums.Ā The only delusion around here comes from the sisā€™s who think Joanne is a better body of workĀ :ladyhaha:

giphy.gif

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

1 hour ago, macca said:

She only has 5 records out, so each one of her albums is one of her best.

Also, "the sisā€™s who think Joanne is a better body of work" represents 90% of the population, and they are not wrong actually

Archived