💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Everything Wrong With ARTPOP (feat. mrmeela)

teawhore

Featured Posts

teawhore
1 minute ago, Piece of Me said:

ear%20check.jpg 

henny I. LOVE. THE. ALBUM.

maybe check for eye infection? cause clearly you cant read.

8 minutes ago, teawhore said:

Ok, we both love ARTPOP ~ ♡

♡ nyc ♡

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JazzGa

ARTPOP had some great conceptual songs on the album, and other songs that were more trendy, or seemed more like they were aimed at being singles. I think if ARTPOP had 2 acts like she originally intended, the songs would have been better sorted into a experimental/conceptual side and a side that's a collection of more commercial, standalone bops. But she ended up putting a mixture of the two on the 1 album that got released. They probably had some idea that ARTPOP Act II wasn't going to happen before they finalized the tracklist on Act I, which is why it ended up with the tracklist it had, and also why some really amazing outtakes unfortunately stayed outtakes.

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

RAMROD

The nerve. Why don’t you make Everything is Wrong with Witmess instead?? :smh:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ryanripley

i expected ARTPOP to be... more like melodrama if that makes sense

when i listen to melodrama, you can hear these beautifully crafted instrumentals and lyrics that just somehow completely drill into the emotional part of your brain and you think "yes, i feel that"

but ARTPOP is this loud, screaming, in your face, F*CK YOU expression of pain and the cancelled projects really damaged the albums concept so you can't really criticise the album and ignore things like the app

another note about the music: songs like G.U.Y, Sexxx Dreams, Fashion! and Donatella really damage what she tried to achieve with this movement (or what i expected of it) and make the album age horribly since they're pretty generic subjects and sounds whilst the song ARTPOP itself does the correct job lyrically (however it's a damn shame the live versions ruined the studio for me :smh:). 

"my heart can beat with bricks and strings" :diane: 

ARTPOP was meant to be more but got treated like a standard pop album and i think a concept like that was really badly timed thanks to the label :S 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

teawhore
3 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

when i listen to melodrama, you can hear these beautifully crafted instrumentals and lyrics that just somehow completely drill into the emotional part of your brain and you think "yes, i feel that"

but ARTPOP is this loud, screaming, in your face, F*CK YOU expression of pain and the cancelled projects really damaged the albums concept so you can't really criticise the album and ignore things like the app

another note about the music: songs like G.U.Y, Sexxx Dreams, Fashion! and Donatella really damage what she tried to achieve with this movement (or what i expected of it) and make the album age horribly since they're pretty generic subjects and sounds whilst the song ARTPOP itself does that job (however it's a damn shame the live versions ruined the studio for me :smh:). 

ARTPOP was meant to be more but got treated like a standard pop album and i think a concept like that was really badly timed thanks to the label :S 

THIS

thank you

ARTPOP is a masterpiece that was undermined by smaller flaws within itself and its surroundings. I'm not attacking the album

people relllllaaaaax

♡ nyc ♡

LordEnigma
9 minutes ago, teawhore said:

that's the point! you can either have a successful album that is Born This Way - esque pop music, or an artistic venture that doesn't commercially succeed, like ARTPOP

But the theme is art IN pop. Not pop IN art. Therefore, ARTPOP was not supposed to be super experimental but rather pop music with influences in experimentation - which I think the album succeeded in doing.

Chromatislaps
2 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

everything was rushed... the songs where still being mixed/produced/made/written at the time of Swinefest. Venus was still in the process of creation during that time. I believe if she released later with the app ready to go,a proper planned out music video schedule and planned gigs similar to the The Fame/TFM/BTW era...it would have fared better.... :awkney: 

There was a reason MJ worked on his albums for approx 4-6 years :lolly: 

I don't see that much experimentation on ARTPOP tho? The most experimental song to me is Dope. A piano ballad with a minimalistic electronic flair. Other than that, maybe Aura sounds more experimental? But she just took and existing instrumental and sang over it, I don't see it as experimentation.

teawhore
Just now, Alexander Levi said:

But the theme is art IN pop. Not pop IN art. Therefore, ARTPOP was not supposed to be super experimental but rather pop music with influences in experimentation - which I think the album succeeded in doing.

but the album has songs like Sexxx Dreams which are viscous radio-pop as well as Swine which are absolute passion and art

♡ nyc ♡

ryanripley
Just now, xoxoDerpanne said:

everything was rushed... the songs where still being mixed/produced/made/written at the time of Swinefest. Venus was still in the process of creation during that time. I believe if she released later with the app ready to go,a proper planned out music video schedule and planned gigs similar to the The Fame/TFM/BTW era...it would have fared better.... :awkney: 

There was a reason MJ worked on his albums for approx 4-6 years :lolly: 

yeah, all of my blame goes to the label and management tbh

i don't hold gaga responsible at all for the outcome of what happened because i know how hard she would fight just for a single back then and after the era, she talked about how sick she was of fighting for these things since it's something that's seem to lasted ever since she got signed :S  

teawhore
Just now, Green Detox said:

But it's titled ARTPOP for a reason. So there's that

but it's a chunky blend of art and pop with pieces of both.

it's like a really delicious but super chunky smoothie

♡ nyc ♡

teawhore
Just now, ryanripley said:

yeah, all of my blame goes to the label and management tbh

i don't hold gaga responsible at all for the outcome of what happened because i know how hard she would fight just for a single back then and after the era, she talked about how sick she was of fighting for these things since it's something that's seem to lasted ever since she got signed :S  

i don't hold gaga responsible for anything.

the poor girl was under enough stress and anxiety at the time.

i kinda want her to try again with a clear mind

♡ nyc ♡

ryanripley
Just now, teawhore said:

i don't hold gaga responsible for anything.

the poor girl was under enough stress and anxiety at the time.

i kinda want her to try again with a clear mind

ooooh yes, i'd adore another ambitious project from her :excited2: 

as long as the label has their SH*T together :neyde: but that would come much later, when she's in the bjork stage of her life

the thing is the title. "ARTPOP" was never really meant to... be just an "conceptual masterpiece showcasing the power of art".

The thing went out of control and I don't wanna make it too long but let's try to show my vision over it.

During 2012, many times gaga expressed how ARTPOP would be a dance record, a Fun record, and it lacked "maturity" that was present on BTW. What it all means? She just wanted to create new "lighter" songs that would work on radio.

The vision for "ARTPOP" with "Putting ART infront of POP" worked with Applause. Why?

Visuals.

When you hear applause today, you cannot hear and not thing about the "Pierrot-Esque-MakeUp". You can't forget the video. The VMA performance.... ARTPOP. Putting art infront of pop. Putting the VISUALS into the Music.

We can see it was following nicely actually. Venus, the original second single. EVERYONE WOULD REMEMBER THE GODDAM SEASHELL BIKINI AND LARGE WIG. It was about creating something for every song. That's why Gaga wanted to create music videos "for every track".

Also it followed with other trends for "art" like Technology. The app was something "Brand New" that was meant to be groundbreaking. Music releases, real-time interactions... that was a new contact between public and the artist.

The songs on the album all someway fits with ART if you just take a deeper look. Sex always been part of art. Money\Opulence (Jewels n Drugs) always been a theme. Loneliness always been inspiration for art. Feminism. Drugs.... 

In the end, it was supposed to be a good hybrid (CAN STAND THESE THINGS My heart can beat with Bricks & strings :hor:)

ARTPOP died as a whole right after DWUW, which we waited for months and nothing happened. Forever more when people talk about the song inside this fan base, there will be the "bittersweet" taste of missing... the video. But that's another subject....

Archived