šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will ASIB be a smash movie like La La Land was?

theahsfan

Featured Posts

Reality

I think it'll have mediocre success. It's interesting because there's a lot of risks when it comes to this movie. First of all, it's Gaga's firstĀ hugeĀ acting gig (yeah, AHS was big, but this is also just as big, if not bigger), it's Bradley Cooper's directing debut, it's a story that's already been told before, and it has an "R" rating. All these things could affect how the movie is received.

I believe in Gaga's acting though. She takes her work very seriously, and I believe that she wants to make the movie as much of a success as she can. I think the real deal maker (or breaker) is the soundtrack. We never know, maybe it'll be her "Bodyguard." Maybe she'll end up having huge hits like I Will Always Love You or I Have Nothing. :shrug:

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's going to be a smash, I just don't think it's designed to be that kind of film... It has a smaller budget.

La La Land had two popular established acting leads, a talented director who had a couple of critically acclaimed and commercial hits to his name, was rated PG-13 and had a budget of 30 million.

ASIB has two popular leads, but it's Gaga's first movie appearance - she isn't known as an actress. It's Bradley Cooper's first time directing, it's been rated RĀ and it has a budget of 7 million.

It just doesn't seemĀ super fair to compare the two or expect the same reception and/or success.

I'll wait for the trailer to start making any big predictions, I'm sure it will absolutely recoup its budget by a lot. I'd say, considering it's budget, if it manages to make 50 million at the box office that would be pretty good. If it manages over 100 million that would beĀ amazingĀ like that would be a giant smash hit.

Think of Little Miss Sunshine, that had a similar budget (8 million) and managed to become a surprising blockbuster raking in 100 million. That's rare though, like that's an unbelievable feat. It's one of those things that just doesn't happen - so expectingĀ that to happen for any film with a budget of 7 million is a huge ask. It's an even more impossible task to expect it to gross overĀ 445 million like La La Land.

joeymonda

Keep in mind itā€™s currentlyĀ set to open against Sonyā€™s Slenderman movie which will likely be PG-13. Unless they prove me wrong in marketing and it has tons of great buzz\reviews before the release, I just donā€™t see an R-rated musical beating out a PG-13 horror flick which will likely be marketed heavily. But time will tell.Ā 

F*ck your perfect illusion

TheSlash

I think, no matter how good/bad the movie will be, the soundtrack will be betterĀ :tony:

Spoiler

For obvious reasonsĀ :queenga:

Spoiler

But I still look forward to watch itĀ :diane:

Ā 

Ā 

Ew, David!

Runway
40 minutes ago, Bebe said:

I don't think it's going to be a smash, I just don't think it's designed to be that kind of film... It has a smaller budget.

La La Land had two popular established acting leads, a talented director who had a couple of critically acclaimed and commercial hits to his name, was rated PG-13 and had a budget of 30 million.

ASIB has two popular leads, but it's Gaga's first movie appearance - she isn't known as an actress. It's Bradley Cooper's first time directing, it's been rated RĀ and it has a budget of 7 million.

It just doesn't seemĀ super fair to compare the two or expect the same reception and/or success.

I'll wait for the trailer to start making any big predictions, I'm sure it will absolutely recoup its budget by a lot. I'd say, considering it's budget, if it manages to make 50 million at the box office that would be pretty good. If it manages over 100 million that would beĀ amazingĀ like that would be a giant smash hit.

Think of Little Miss Sunshine, that had a similar budget (8 million) and managed to become a surprising blockbuster raking in 100 million. That's rare though, like that's an unbelievable feat. It's one of those things that just doesn't happen - so expectingĀ that to happen for any film with a budget of 7 million is a huge ask. It's an even more impossible task to expect it to gross overĀ 445 million like La La Land.

Only 7 million? If it made 50 million with that budget it would be a smash :deadbanana:Ā 

Delulu Rogers

It really depends on promo and we all know how gaga is on prom these days. So no, it will not be big

4 minutes ago, Runway said:

Only 7 million? If it made 50 million with that budget it would be a smash :deadbanana:Ā 

Well yeah, exactly.

PerfectIllusion
16 hours ago, theahsfan said:

Why did they feel the need to show Gaga's p*ssy

I bet she wanted that herselfĀ :emma:

Movies about upcoming singers with real singers never do well. It will probably do ok because of Gaga but I'm sure critics are gonna hate it.

I'm not sure about the rating though. Rated "r" is also given to movies with same-sex relations, or due to the drag queens.

I think it's obvious it won't be a smash because it isn't made to be a smash but apart from that we literally have no idea lmao we haven't even seen a trailer yetĀ 

Archived