Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Melanie Martinez responds to rape allegations

Noah

Featured Posts

ryanripley
Just now, Bio said:

If Timothy said no then Melanie was wrong and it was rape. But if she never said no like Melanie stated then I’m sorry I just can’t see it as rape even if Timothy didn’t want to have sex with her. If she never said no how would Melanie know she didn’t want to do it? Sex never starts with “do you wanna have sex with me?”. Someone just makes a move and if the other person agrees to it then they gave the consent. They were friends, was Melanie her boss or anything? 

We’re getting to a point where we have to sign a contract of consent before having sex with someone.

how can you not see it as rape? you don't have to literally say no for it to be visiablly uncomfortable for you to engage in sex. some people who make moves totally ignore when people try to pull away or give excuses to be polite and will pester and pressure them into having sex, which makes it rape

timothy never agreed to it, she just let it happen

and we're not getting to a point where we have to sign contracts, you just have to simply ask if it's okay or if they're comfortable

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, JR Gg said:

You either say no it didn't happen or apologise for your mistakes :emma:

pretty sure those aren't the only two options

Make it stupid!

Decodekid

For those of you who think that when the girl stopped saying no it was ok for melanie to continue, that's not right, how come it is not sexual assault when your not asking for that person's permition. A no means no, and when its neither a yes or a no, then that's still a no, if someones not sure or is simply not responding, then dont ****ing do anything. It really surprises me how some of y'all think :awkney:

Im Harol don't tell anyone

30 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

how can you not see it as rape? you don't have to literally say no for it to be visiablly uncomfortable for you to engage in sex. some people who make moves totally ignore when people try to pull away or give excuses to be polite and will pester and pressure them into having sex, which makes it rape

timothy never agreed to it, she just let it happen

and we're not getting to a point where we have to sign contracts, you just have to simply ask if it's okay or if they're comfortable

If Timothy kept pulling away and giving excuses then that's saying no to me.

Decodekid
3 minutes ago, Bio said:

If Timothy kept pulling away and giving excuses then that's saying no to me.

Not saying anything is also a no, if its not a yes then everything else must be a no

Just now, codymonster said:

Oh for sure, and if that is true, then Melanie is DEFINITELY in the wrong. However, not by the way she later described being passive, I wonder if maybe she is exaggerating how much she said no and if instead she said it in a “no, we shouldn’t do this” way and then gave into the feelings quickly, making it seem like a flirty kind of dangerous thing for both of them. 

Im just pointing out a different point of view; ive been in situations with exes where I’ve said no (very passively), they’ve continued, but then I just let it happen. I WISH it wouldn’t have happened after, but I know that I let it happen and didn’t really stop it. It’s more like a “****, why did I sleep with my ex again” way. I regret it, but they definitely didn’t rape me. I’m curious in whether this is more what the situation was like?

If she had described a situation where she had said "No... We shouldn't" but was like undressing as she said it and reciprocating the touching then sure - even if she didn't say the words "yes" and said "no" it's clear from the tone of her voice, her behaviour, her reciprocation and her active participation that she is saying it in a flirty "this is naughty, we shouldn't be doing this but lets do it anyway" kinda way... That's not how she described it though, even her passivity doesn't imply consent. She describes herself just laying there, not reciprocating just waiting for it to be over, exhausted, emotionally beaten down and kinda frozen in shock.

In terms of your last paragraph... It kinda totally sounds like you've been sexually assaulted...

I don't know your full story, maybe there are other details, hopefully I have it all wrong - but it doesn't matter how passively or aggressively you said no... If you said no and they continued - even if you just kinda lay there and accepted the fact that it was going to happen without fighting, you didn't give consent.

I'm not going to argue against your experience and how you see it - I don't know the full story, I wasn't there, you don't believe it was rape but the way you just described it sounds like it was a non-consensual experience.

It just makes me cautious because it reminds me of a friends story. She was at a party with this guy and they ended up alone, he was being really aggressive, she said no, he basically forced herself on her anyway and she just "gave up" and let him do whatever he wanted. She felt like he wouldn't listen anyway, and resisting would have just prolonged the entire experience. At first she felt like that was just an experience she 'regretted', she agreed to go alone with him, she stopped saying no and she didn't scream or fight back. Later on she recognised it for what it was, but she still has visits to the hospital because she feels suicidal and that event still affects her deeply.

no=no and just because a person doesn't fight back, or scream, or yell and seemingly just allows it to happen doesn't mean the event wasn't non-consensual. 

30 minutes ago, slayo said:

pretty sure those aren't the only two options

No it didn't happen means Timothy gave consent so Martinez didn't rape her.

Apologise for the mistakes means she did rape her.

I don't see any other option. Fake lies will be exposed at the end. There isn't really any option than saying the truth. 

Her response is very vague and unclear. I don't think that's how you handle a rape allegation. :awkney:

2 minutes ago, Decodekid said:

Not saying anything is also a no, if its not a yes then everything else must be a no

Yeah, I can't agree to that. Most people don't say anything during sex lol. Unless it's dirty talking. Again, this is not a situation where Melanie is her boss and Timothy could lose her job. Melanie had no power over Timothy, all she had to do was pull away and say no. 

Yea maybe she never said “No”, but did she say “Yes”? Just by not saying no doesn’t mean that she was consenting. 

pophatesflops
6 hours ago, derpmonster said:

If you're high, that's your problem. Consent of the other person is up to you. It is your responsibility. If it's that hard for someone to take consent when they're high, then don't f***.

by that logic, you could say that this girl raped melanie because she didn't seek consent when she was high af :cackle: 

Rudz Xinc

Sometimes things just happen, just like sex, less talking more action. If she didn't say no or yes, by letting it happen means you're giving a consent. Didn't say yes, didn't mean is a no. That's my opinion. You guys are entitled to yours. 

Look at those clowns

Although I personally believe Melanie is guilty, I do think it's important that, when people talk about this, they keep in mind that there is no evidence on either side. Because that's precisely the case. Nobody knows for certain Timothy is telling the truth, and nobody knows that Melanie is lying. Only they know.

Like I said, I believe Timothy is telling the truth. But while there is no evidence, there is no point in people fighting over who is right and who is wrong. There needs to be legal intervention. :nails:

bannedT for life and it's SAD

2 hours ago, Decodekid said:

:toofunny: You've obviously never had sex. 

Decodekid
2 minutes ago, MikelAS said:

:toofunny: You've obviously never had sex. 

bitch no i haven't :poot:

but what i was trying to say is that basically if someone's not feeling comfortable doing something likeee stop, don't just continue because you're assuming it's not a no. I should've specified more 

Reading Timothy's account felt like it was drafted by a lawyer or something. :toofunny: I wonder how drastic the industry would react if we compare this to Spacey's only lying on top of another guy and got fully rejected by the industry.

Melanie's not good for taking advantage of her friend like that. But I also agree that Timothy acquiesced in the end. She implicitly said yes with her silence because she had been saying no and she didn't for the last time because she wanted everything to be over. What she is saying is: "Let's get this over with. Lick my pssy; do what you want with my body."  

Archived