Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
politics

Supreme Courts lets Trump Full Travel ban take effect.


Eggsy

Featured Posts

Duella Dvil
8 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

Racism? Do you mean xenophobia? Or religious discrimination?

What race are you referring to?

 

As a term, in this day and age, we colloquially refer to almost all forms of discrimination as racism. You know what he meant. Have a discussion don't talk down to people, inform them.

www.instagram.com/theduella666
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saint Laurent
Just now, Uncle ARTPOP said:

As a term, in this day and age, we colloquially refer to almost all forms of discrimination as racism. You know what he meant. Have a discussion don't talk down to people, inform them.

Well, no wonder so many people have issues understanding what it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Delusional Aura
1 minute ago, ZacharyMark said:

No Saudia Arabia?

Ironic since the 9/11 terrorists came from there. But I forgot, Dump has business affiliations in Saudi Arabia so he can't possibly piss them off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Meruk Holland
25 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

'Almost all' being the operative phrase.

I disagree with the ban, but there is a number (not the majority, granted) that could be thwarted through this method.

The results remain to be seen.

Attacks committed by US-born individuals should be the first priority, for reasons you've mentioned, but this is obviously a lot more difficult to resolve/prevent.

This is a genuine question: does the ban prevent people from these countries from traveling to another country besides the US? If they really wanted to harm the US, wouldn't they just get fake identification while in another country so they could "legitimately" get around the travel ban?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Saint Laurent
Just now, Meruk Holland said:

This is a genuine question: does the ban prevent people from these countries from traveling to another country besides the US? If they really wanted to harm the US, wouldn't they just get fake identification while in another country so they could "legitimately" get around the travel ban?

1

I don't think it's easy to get through a border with one of these.

Most borders are somewhat electronic now so the system would immediately identify a fake.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Meruk Holland
Just now, Saint Laurent said:

I don't think it's easy to get through a border with one of these.

Most borders are somewhat electronic now so the system would immediately identify a fake.

That doesn't answer my question.

I'm not asking about the ease of doing it, just if it's possible. And I'll clarify, by fake identification, I don't mean a forgery, but a legitimate form of ID obtained under false pretenses. A crude and very simplified example would be using a driver's license of someone who looks very similar to yourself to get into a bar - it's a real license, just not yours.

Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

No Saudia Arabia?

Never. They're the root cause of terrorism but they got a **** ton of money so nobody deals with them, not Bush, not Obama, not Trump, no one got the balls or the empathy to do it

Link to post
Share on other sites

Saint Laurent
2 minutes ago, Meruk Holland said:

That doesn't answer my question.

I'm not asking about the ease of doing it, just if it's possible. And I'll clarify, by fake identification, I don't mean a forgery, but a legitimate form of ID obtained under false pretenses. A crude and very simplified example would be using a driver's license of someone who looks very similar to yourself to get into a bar - it's a real license, just not yours.

Well in my country, we have to insert our passport into a scanner and stand for up to 60 seconds while the technology analyses our face and compares it with the photograph.

In that instance, your example would be completely impossible.

Spoiler

You also can't use a driving license to fly internationally

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

ARTPOP2
37 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

No Saudia Arabia?

When there's profit and money, suddenly "security" is no longer his priority. Yikes :madge:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Meruk Holland
2 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

Well in my country, we have to insert our passport into a scanner and stand for up to 60 seconds while the technology analyses our face and compares it with the photograph.

In that instance, your example would be completely impossible.

  Hide contents

You also can't use a driving license to fly internationally

 

I'm afraid you're getting caught on the wrong points. My example was to get into a bar not a country :awkney: There's a reason I said it was crude and oversimplified.

It's okay, it's probably just a lack of imagination.

I've got to run, so as much as I'd love to continue this meandering conversation, I'll have to end here.

:bye:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Saint Laurent
1 minute ago, Meruk Holland said:

I'm afraid you're getting caught on the wrong points. My example was to get into a bar not a country :awkney: There's a reason I said it was crude and oversimplified.

It's okay, it's probably just a lack of imagination.

I've got to run, so as much as I'd love to continue this meandering conversation, I'll have to end here.

:bye:

In other words, you've run out of ways to rephrase a point I've completely disproven. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5240153

Link to post
Share on other sites

imnotyourbabe10

There are so many headlines from this week (as usual) that my head is spinning.  Way to go 45...this will be the US (and globe) cleaning up your ****ing mess over the years: 

maap3_s-200x150.gif

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ayesha Erotica

I totally support this decision of the Supreme Court. I'm not US-American but now I wish I was US-American, it's perhaps the greatest nation in the world, Trump is courageous and keeps his promises unlike Hillary who said that Trumps laws will have no legal basis, now they have and that's great.  However, this list is fragmentary, more countries need to be added. I think no country should be allowed to enter the US that does not effectively share pluralistic values.

Your boyfriend comes over with a bit of gun oil Says he wants to step on new soil
Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...