đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG6 Will Decide The Rest of Gaga's Career

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

Pianosavant
17 hours ago, Edge Of Venus said:

And she has stopped being so after Joanne, which is my major criticism of her current state. Yes Joanne/MR is cute for what it is but it just feels a bit pedestrian. Think about it, when we look back to the 10s pop culture in 2027, will Joanne be a milestone album? Most likely not. Joanne did it job for restoring her image but with this next album she needs to bring her A game and IMPRESS the world. 

But is it not polarizing for Gaga to not be polarizing at this point? I think the whole point of Joanne was to show the girl behind the monster. 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Edge Of Venus
3 hours ago, Pianosavant said:

But is it not polarizing for Gaga to not be polarizing at this point? I think the whole point of Joanne was to show the girl behind the monster. 

But hasn't she stated countless times that the extravagant Gaga is the real her? That the mother monster IS her? Now suddenly it was just an act and she had been hiding behind a mask the whole time?  Sorry I'm not buying that. IMO the Joanne persona IS more contrived then the original Gaga. It's just a tactic to win over the public again, and I have no problem with that. Which is why I said for the NEXT era she's free to unleash the real Gaga and wow us again. 

ApplauseftAdele
20 hours ago, TeenIdle said:

Can't you see Gaga's management was aiming at repairing her image during C2C and Joanne? :saladga: Her career was basically in shreds after ARTPOP. You can't go from a fad to a superstar just like that in the public's eyes. Look what happened to Christina. Even 5'2 helped her build a better image. She's never been more respected by the GP.

I completely agree with what you said... but now if she KEEPS doing this "image rebuilding" thing they will forget about her. Now that they respect her she needs to release a pop smash to keep their interest..

20 hours ago, permotio said:

Idk, you know. I think Lady Gaga can just get away with being Lady Gaga now. She doesn’t have to pander to the charts or aim for a number one next era. She’s proved she can do it and she’s gonna have a long and prosperous career whether she’s number one or she’s not even making the charts.

Look at Beyonce. Beyonce/Lemonade didn’t do THAT well commercially – I couldn’t tell you the name of a single off of Lemonade, never mind where it charted. But B still sells tours, merchandise and albums. And Gaga does the same.

The difference is... Beyonce's Lemonade honestly made waves in pop culture. Yes, in terms of tour/charts/albums Gaga AND Madonna can meet Beyonce but the interest in Beyonce is huge. Look at the hype Lemonade made on release vs Joanne. People may buy her albums and tours but Madonna and Beyonce both bring in the same sale #'s, and yet look at who is more relevant and "hyped" by the GP. the same goes for Gaga.

Helxig

Tbh I don't think that Gaga herself even wants to have a big comeback with smash hits and to be rolling out the #1s. She lived that life for 6 years and it f.ucked up her whole life and mental state. She seems to want to remain relevant and do well with her album sales and tours, without being an international megastar.

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

ApplauseftAdele
1 minute ago, Helxig said:

Tbh I don't think that Gaga herself even wants to have a big comeback with smash hits and to be rolling out the #1s. She lived that life for 6 years and it f.ucked up her whole life and mental state. She seems to want to remain relevant and do well with her album sales and tours, without being an international megastar.

I agree that Gaga doesnt necessarily want to be "on top of the world" again, nor is that possible. However I think its possible to have a critically acclaimed album then do a tour and be done. I use Beyonce a lot as reference but look what she did with lemonade - it was a pretty big hyped era, everyone talked about it for a while, but then she went back into working on her next album and  will stay silent until then. She still has the GP's attention without being what everyone is talking about., and Gaga can be the same way without being the center of constant attention like in 2010.

Helxig
Just now, ApplauseftAdele said:

I agree that Gaga doesnt necessarily want to be "on top of the world" again, nor is that possible. However I think its possible to have a critically acclaimed album then do a tour and be done. I use Beyonce a lot as reference but look what she did with lemonade - it was a pretty big hyped era, everyone talked about it for a while, but then she went back into working on her next album and  will stay silent until then. She still has the GP's attention without being what everyone is talking about., and Gaga can be the same way without being the center of constant attention like in 2010.

A critically acclaimed album would be nice :flutter:  I just don't want to see her in a toxic place again. Under all that public scrutiny, her own friends being corrupt by how much money they can make off he etc. But I always her her to be successful :excited2:

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Kimblue
2 hours ago, Edge Of Venus said:

But hasn't she stated countless times that the extravagant Gaga is the real her? That the mother monster IS her? Now suddenly it was just an act and she had been hiding behind a mask the whole time?  Sorry I'm not buying that. IMO the Joanne persona IS more contrived then the original Gaga. It's just a tactic to win over the public again, and I have no problem with that. Which is why I said for the NEXT era she's free to unleash the real Gaga and wow us again. 

She has said that she invented Lady Gaga   So that she could be a stronger person and to overcome her depression.

2 hours ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

I completely agree with what you said... but now if she KEEPS doing this "image rebuilding" thing they will forget about her. Now that they respect her she needs to release a pop smash to keep their interest..

The difference is... Beyonce's Lemonade honestly made waves in pop culture. Yes, in terms of tour/charts/albums Gaga AND Madonna can meet Beyonce but the interest in Beyonce is huge. Look at the hype Lemonade made on release vs Joanne. People may buy her albums and tours but Madonna and Beyonce both bring in the same sale #'s, and yet look at who is more relevant and "hyped" by the GP. the same goes for Gaga.

Because Beyoncé made a whole album on her husband cheating on her vs Gaga making an album focused on her deceased aunt :awkney:

On 12/4/2017 at 12:28 AM, Jon Snow said:

I don't want Gaga to age like Madonna (no offense), I want her to accept age and maturity much like Meryl Streep. She may not be a hit-maker anymore but at least, she's maturing and learning and not forcing to be young when she clearly is not.

Madonna doesn't cling to her youth at all (with a few exceptions). The reason why she acts the way she does is to provoke people, not because she can't accept her age. She exaggerates it by acting all crazy like a young person to show people that people at that age (especially older women) can be just as adventurous and energetic and should not have societal expectations placed on them. It's not about acting your age, it's about being happy with yourself and who you are. And not a lot of people get this. She's being ironic. Bitch im Madonna is a satire. 

Anveeroy
On 12/4/2017 at 6:31 PM, Jon Snow said:

I was actually looking for that when I was writing that. lol 30 Rock still rocks

30 Rock is BAE

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Monsterish
On 4/12/2017 at 10:33 AM, Stef said:

People said the same for LG5

they also said the same for ARTPOP after Born This Way’s predominantly front-loaded success 

im over predicting the outcome of Gaga’s career based on album and single units tbh 

Spread it, this is the only truth :sure:

Watch her change her name to Stefani and ditch Lady Gaga. :toofunny:

TBH, I kinda don't see paparazzi shots of her when she's leaving hotel or whatever. Back until the C2C era, she was everywhere. I mean, it's nice that she has her privacy, but how come we don't see her pics outside the hotel she's staying? I can't remember when I last time saw something like: "Lady Gaga spotted...", and it makes me kinda sad.

Like what you Sea?

hamster11

No, she has the rest of her life to let her career go in whatever direction her artistry would take her to. Even if there's a career disaster, she will revive and rise again. I have no worries.

Cody James
On 12/4/2017 at 4:50 AM, ryhanna said:

Not even close. 

I think the key to Gaga's success is to never allow people to expect something, no matter the outcome. Everybody wanted a big, disco-dance-eletronic pop number from Perfect Illusion, she served us pop rock. Might not have been a hit, but it was fierce and passionate. 

The Cure came from nowhere and proved that she can still make songs that are radio friendly and current. 

Hits are bound to happen, but at this point I'm just happy to sit back and let Gaga continue to come from left field. I'm fairly confident this phase of her career will be sustainable for a good few years, so I'm not fussed. I don't think she'll ever be a Beyonce, but she doesn't need to be. She's her own thing with her own path, and she'll be blazing a trail for pop stars to come. 

Yassss! I LOVE TC. She certainley did prove something with that bop. She is clearly leaning back to roots of pop madness. She knows what she is doing. Just like with the JWT, she left out all of ARTPOP's songs woth the exception of Applause (#justiceforguy). Not to mention her snaps of her with DJWS and her outfits are starting to being back BTW vibes for me at least. 

Archived