šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think Gaga will ever have a WW hit again?

theahsfan

Featured Posts

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley
On 05/12/2017 at 4:07 AM, Togekiss said:

PI flopped because Americans are unfortunately trained to hear Taylor Swift talking as singing and therefore mistook Gagaā€™s legendary belts as screaming. It was an immaculately composed, performed, and produced song and we are all lame fats for letting it flop.

Edit: Iā€™m being sarcastic but I genuinely believe PI was her best single to date and it flopped for other reasons.

we are a rare breed :giveup:Ā 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

YourCureness

you guys are acting like it's difficult to achieve. she just need to remix her voiceĀ  into a song that is already slaying BB Top 100. Easy No. 1

YourCureness

She just need a combination of good promo and current sounding song maybe. Million Reasons was ahit because of big promo spots. And The Cure became a hit on important markets outside USA because it is very trendy. So a combo of both is what she needs.

Antichrist
On 12/4/2017 at 6:38 AM, Robo Ga said:

I think she severely damaged her chances of ever scoring another WW hit by releasing PI. Radio and fans waited 3 years for PI. She did a full radio tour for it. The GP was genuinely ready for a Gaga comeback in Sept 2016. Even though the era itself was not a flop because of MR and Superbowl, PI damaged her reputation to deliver with radio programmers, and the fact thatĀ The Cure totally failed to catch onto AmericanĀ radio is veryĀ clear evidence of that. The Cure should have been a hit and it was not. She really needs to deliver quality, unique, BR/Pokerface level pop to get back on that level... not sure if it will happen, but praying it does.Ā 

i never understood this... nobody waited 3 years for gags to release anything, it wasn't the 2nd coming of jesus (though it should be :nails:), but she really didn't disappoint anyone, it was just useless hype from few radio stations, nothing more i thinkĀ :sweat:

Robo Ga
1 hour ago, Antichrist said:

i never understood this... nobody waited 3 years for gags to release anything, it wasn't the 2nd coming of jesus (though it should be :nails:), but she really didn't disappoint anyone, it was just useless hype from few radio stations, nothing more i thinkĀ :sweat:

It's about momentum. TheĀ GP will receive it better when you've been out of the limelight for a while. She had the perfect long gap from pop music to regain the interest, and even built her reputation up so much with oscars performance + AHS + C2C, but failed to deliver a lead single hit. A prime situation like that is just a wasted opportunity and I doubt she'll ever have another one as good as that

šŸ¤–āš”ļø

RochestrMonstr

She hasn't had a mega-hit since 2011, and her career is just fine, so even if she doesn't re-achieve that, I don't see anything to worry about at all. Ā 

I often feel bad for other singers, who aren't allowed the creative freedom Gaga is (and when they are, it doesn't usually work out as well as it has for her).Ā 

VintageGlam
On 12/4/2017 at 12:38 AM, Robo Ga said:

I think she severely damaged her chances of ever scoring another WW hit by releasing PI. Radio and fans waited 3 years for PI. She did a full radio tour for it. The GP was genuinely ready for a Gaga comeback in Sept 2016. Even though the era itself was not a flop because of MR and Superbowl, PI damaged her reputation to deliver with radio programmers, and the fact thatĀ The Cure totally failed to catch onto AmericanĀ radio is veryĀ clear evidence of that. The Cure should have been a hit and it was not. She really needs to deliver quality, unique, BR/Pokerface level pop to get back on that level... not sure if it will happen, but praying it does.Ā 

Agreed. PI was not a good song. It's my least favorite on the album. Dumb choice for a first single.Ā 

janetjackson

I swear, for people who spend hours a day on this fansite, I'm surprised you guys have so little faith in her. As much as I love all of the information on this site, I can't stand the sheer amount of pessimism.Ā 

The fact of the matter is, if you compare her Hot 100 numbers with those of her peers, she's absolutely still leading the pack.Ā 

Rihanna's ANTI

Work: #1, Kiss it Better: #62, Needed Me: #7, Love on the Brain: #5

Beyonce's Lemonade

Formation: #10, Sorry: #11, Hold Up: #13, Freedom: #35, All Night: #38

Katy Perry's Witness

Chained to the Rhythm: #4, Bon Appetit: #59, Swish Swish: #46

Miley Cyrus'Ā Younger Now

Malibu: #10, Younger Now: #79

Britney Spears' Glory

Make Me: #17, Slumber Party: #86

Meghan Trainor's Thank You

No: #3, Me Too: #13

Lorde's Melodrama

Green Light: #19, Homemade Dynamite: #92

Halsey's Hopeless Fountain Kingdom

Now or Never: #17, Bad at Love: #11

Demi Lovato's Tell Me You Love Me

Sorry Not Sorry: #6, Tell Me You Love Me: #97Ā 

Ā 

Point is, when you look at these numbers, Gaga is still at the forefront of the current pack of female pop artists. Even with Joanne, which we all know was more of an artistic statement than a pop mega album, still showed her generating two sizable hits with "Million Reasons" (#4) and "Perfect Illusion" (#15).

For those who feel as though her hit-making days are over, please explain how nobodyĀ other than Taylor Swift (and maybe Rihanna) is outdoing her on the Hot 100?Ā 

Ā 

I'm out.

A good song is a good song.

MR is good but it's not the type that would smash.

PI is loud and messy with weird pronunciation. Still don't understand how that got out. The overall image of the era didn't connect.

She needs a great up tempo song with a unique image (not too crazy/over the top).

I could easily see her smashing with something similar to "End Game" or "New Rules" for example.

Also, the music landscape is a bit difficult to have huge pop hits for white girls. Not sure about the world, but in the US definitely. I think we all should be rooting for Taylor Swift to do well. She is our best bet to try to bring back pop music. Gaga can do the rest.

She needs to find a balance. I get that she wants to be known for her talent so went away from the craziness. However, the craziness is a part of her identity for the better. Coachella was great vocally and all that, but one could argue that could have been anyone up there like Keesha or whoever. She needs to avant garde fashion, but it should not be too over the top to distract from the music.

Sepsami

She'll continue to have this moderate success I think, I don't think she's really looking for more. If she can continue the way she is now I will be satisfied. My only wish is that the next lead single is a bigger success than PIĀ 

Archived