3 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

This is based on their actual charts. It can't be wrong lol

im very aware sis 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SlayGagaloo
3 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

I love these cuz its actually based on their chart and you can't argue with it! 

Congrats to Kesha on having the 18th biggest song by a female EVER

about that :sweat: I never knew how big Tik Tok actually was... 

I mean yeah it blocked Bad Romance from that #1, but the fact that BR Did NOT even make the Hot100 while TT is #18!!! Oh wow :sweat:

Over.

4 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

I love these cuz its actually based on their chart and you can't argue with it! 

Congrats to Kesha on having the 18th biggest song by a female EVER

Idk if I agree with their methodology. There basically comparing the chart tuns of albums instead of sales. Daydream is diamond. But because it didn't last long on the charts compared tp 1989 or The Fame. Billboard is saying that The Fame and 1989 are bigger than Daydream. Despite Daydream selling wayyy more. I just doesn't make sense to me. Daydream sold more so it should be the bigger album.

Edonis

It's so strange to see songs that have had more cultural impact (Bad Romance, Born this Way) not always line up with commercial successes (i.e. what this information is based upon). It's not necessarily surprising since songs like Thriller (MJ) never reached number 1 either, but it is certainly interesting to see the distinction between the two :oprah:

DiscoHeaven23
1 minute ago, AALIYAH DANA said:

Idk if I agree with their methodology. There basically comparing the chart tuns of albums instead of sales. Daydream is diamond. But because it didn't last long on the charts compared tp 1989 or The Fame. Billboard is saying that The Fame and 1989 are bigger than Daydream. Despite Daydream selling wayyy more. I just doesn't make sense to me. Daydream sold more so it should be the bigger album.

it takes into account the shift in how music is consumed

in 2000, album sales were HUGE, now they are not. So it would be unfair to compare an album's sales in 2000 to an album's sales in 2017. Therefore, they have used the charts positionings to fairly compare them. 

AlexanderMagno

Congrats Gaga :golfclap: time will only confirm her status.

Let me also point out how Adele is probably the one with the shortest career from the Greatest Women in Billboard 200 and yet she's #6 and every one of her albums are among the Greatest. Fan or not, I just find so exciting to see a music artist slay this much.

SlayGagaloo
3 minutes ago, AALIYAH DANA said:

both 1989 and The Fame are very close to Diamond Cert. in the US (sps)

Over.

SlayGagaloo
Just now, Jaume said:

When Billboard and America will understand America doesn't mean world nor of all time and **** like that?

wow chill sis 

Over.

SlayGagaloo
3 minutes ago, TeenIdle said:

Why is Prism there and not BTW? :awkney: 

um because it spent x2 times more weeks on Billboard 200 :sweat:

Over.

TeenIdle
2 minutes ago, SlayGagaloo said:

um because it spent x2 times more weeks on Billboard 200 :sweat:

Won't lie. I'm triggered :toofunny:

Gagaloo911