Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
society

Matt Lauer fired from the “Today” Show


Daenerys

Featured Posts

Just now, Alexander Levi said:

Are there articles on this? I'm just curious if this is more your speculation about him being a sketchy guy or this has actual backing.

https://www.google.com/amp/radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/10/matt-lauer-divorce-documents-cruel-inhumane/amp/

 

http://www.justjared.com/2016/07/13/matt-lauer-natalie-morales-deny-affair-rumors/

“left because Matt no longer wanted to work with her”

 

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/5040649/matt-lauer-has-always-had-problems-with-women-on-the-today-show

 

Pretty much he’s been a **** for over 20 years and NBC had no problem with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LordEnigma
5 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

"Annette Roque Lauer, 48, filed for divorce against her husband in September 2006 only to withdraw the lawsuit a month later, and now The National ENQUIRER can exclusively reveal the jaw-dropping court papers" LMFAO

Idk none of those articles really PROVED anything... not saying it's not true but those sources (minus the Time one) are not necessarily reliable sources.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

"Annette Roque Lauer, 48, filed for divorce against her husband in September 2006 only to withdraw the lawsuit a month later, and now The National ENQUIRER can exclusively reveal the jaw-dropping court papers" LMFAO

Idk none of those articles really PROVED anything... not saying it's not true but those sources (minus the Time one) are not necessarily reliable sources.

When consistent rumors of disgusting behavior follow somebody for 15+ years it’s safe to assume where there’s smoke there’s fire

Link to post
Share on other sites

LordEnigma
1 minute ago, Nino said:

When consistent rumors of disgusting behavior follow somebody for 15+ years it’s safe to assume where there’s smoke there’s fire

I'm just saying that there should be more reliable sources than Just Jared or Radar - they are looking for any and everything to create headlines and get clicks.

I just don't trust these sites.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whispering
4 hours ago, LetsGetHigh said:

Anyone can say something about anyone, at any time. Do not want to defend him, but I think NBC is being overdramatic.

NBC News executives have known for weeks that damaging stories could be coming out soon. 

Reporters for The New York Times have been investigating Lauer for weeks, according to sources who had been contacted by Times. 

And Variety's New York bureau chief Ramin Setoodeh said on Twitter that he and his colleague Elizabeth Wagmeister have been doing reporting "about serious sexual harassment allegations against Lauer" for two months. 

"NBC was aware" of the reporting, Wagmeister tweeted. "There are multiple women we've spoken to with far-ranging accusations against Lauer. The power of journalism has never been more evident with this cultural change." 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is literally a cultural movement happening before our eyes...

all of these wealthy powerful but gross and shitty men facing consequences? my bussy is dripping 

Link to post
Share on other sites

DiscoHeaven23
2 hours ago, Ziggy said:

 

I've been a viewer of The Today Show since i was little in the mid 90s, cuz my mom would always have it on before school. It seems like Katie Couric kept Matt Lauer in line. She was always the bigger star than him. 

towards the end of Katie's time there was talk that Katie and Matt were not getting along because Matt was jealous of Katie's contract. It seems like once Katie left in May of 2006, Matt's ego was free to roam. I will never get over what he did to Ann Curry. I'm so sorry to the women he's hurt throughout his life and I'm glad his grip on that show is over. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5478627

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

jaXXXon
3 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

Who's next Jimmy Fallon? Ellen? Oprah? Wendy? Like.....NOBODY is safe and even if you're not currently messing with people....you better pray you DIDN'T and the victims comes forward and rat you out and ruin your entire life...  :wtfga:

At this point I think "sexual harassment" to women in Hollywood means "he looked at me in a sleazy way, complimented my looks, accidentally touched me when he was trying to get a cab."

Some of those allegations I've heard are completely overdramatic. Jeez, how I wish they'd start firing women for being flirty with men and/or even touching them "inappropriately." 

Remember that story about Kevin Spacey and that guy at the bar? If Spacey was a woman doing that to a guy there would be NO "sexual harassment" issue. 

These women wanting to be treated equally, yet are playing unequal the minute they see it as their chance to get a little attention are disgusting! :madge:

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jaXXXon said:

At this point I think "sexual harassment" to women in Hollywood means "he looked at me in a sleazy way, complimented my looks, accidentally touched me when he was trying to get a cab."

Some of those allegations I've heard are completely overdramatic. Jeez, how I wish they'd start firing women for being flirty with men and/or even touching them "inappropriately." 

Remember that story about Kevin Spacey and that guy at the bar? If Spacey was a woman doing that to a guy there would be NO "sexual harassment" issue. 

These women wanting to be treated equally, yet are playing unequal the minute they see it as their chance to get a little attention are disgusting! :madge:

Uh Matt Lauer is not a good dude. If he did something sleazy like this, I wouldn’t even be remotely surprised. You also must keep in mind that these are supposed to be professional environments and you don’t make advances at people at work. That’s a fireable offense. I don’t see the problem people have.

In regards to Kevin Spacey; no, you don’t weirdly touch other people sexually without consent. I’m so confused why that’s a difficult concept for us to adopt.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Alexander Levi said:

"Annette Roque Lauer, 48, filed for divorce against her husband in September 2006 only to withdraw the lawsuit a month later, and now The National ENQUIRER can exclusively reveal the jaw-dropping court papers" LMFAO

Idk none of those articles really PROVED anything... not saying it's not true but those sources (minus the Time one) are not necessarily reliable sources.

No, but I think I mean more like how people just knew Weinstein was a bad dude, people have just kind of known Matt Lauer is a bad guy. It’s just been sitting in the air a bit and his privilege prevented anything from happening because of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whispering
2 hours ago, jaXXXon said:

At this point I think "sexual harassment" to women in Hollywood means "he looked at me in a sleazy way, complimented my looks, accidentally touched me when he was trying to get a cab."

Some of those allegations I've heard are completely overdramatic. Jeez, how I wish they'd start firing women for being flirty with men and/or even touching them "inappropriately." 

Remember that story about Kevin Spacey and that guy at the bar? If Spacey was a woman doing that to a guy there would be NO "sexual harassment" issue. 

These women wanting to be treated equally, yet are playing unequal the minute they see it as their chance to get a little attention are disgusting! :madge:

No, so far it has meant anything from groping, threats, exposure, sending notes and messages that are highly sexual, to masturbating in front of them to outright rape. 

These men have a pattern of sexual harassment over years. It isn't just one case of flirting being misinterpreted. 

Being treated equally doesn't mean being sexually molested or harassed. 

Stop victim blaming and making excuses for sexual predators! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...