Gaga nominated for 2 GRAMMYs

Arturo

Featured Posts

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robinladen
49 minutes ago, MarcusBones said:

Best Pop Vocal Album is televised (we saw that with The Fame Monster)

Polo Solo Performance is also televised (but I’m pretty sure this just started happening recently?)

The televised categories switch every year. But pop does have a good chance of being televised this year as not a lot of the nominations are also in the general field. So they usually aim to air the people that arent also winning in the general field so we see different people doing a speech.

Runway
4 minutes ago, AgusPop said:

Hun be more grateful

They all either flopped or didn’t release grammy material. “Confident” nomination last year was a glitch lol 

They closed the Grammy Nominations thread. Mess. I gotta say I'm a little disappointed that miss Dua Lipa wasn't nominated, she was so successful this year. :deadbanana:

underneath the pine

DoremonLove
10 minutes ago, AgusPop said:

Hun be more grateful

I am:giggle: just want her to win 1:giveup:

How can anoyone not love gaga

I always expected these 2 noms. I just was hoping for a couple more. There are no general field acts in the pop categories, so I think it's anyone's game. It looked like it was Ed's to lose, but the nominations show he wasn't the favorite we all thought. Kelly Clarkson has no chance in pop solo, but the other 4 have about an equal shot at winning. Pop album is between Gaga and Sheeran.

And I have to say, everyone wanted urban representation or whatever the last few years. Well looking at Album of the Year, Bruno Mars is so winning that. He is a person of color, with an R&B/Soul album. Yet we all know certain people still won't be happy with that result.

Andrew2512
35 minutes ago, Sirius094 said:

Praying sold less than 500k in US :bon: I think MR has bigger chances: 1 million copies, #4 on billboard, performed at superbowl, largely praised. I think it made a bigger impact than Praying. 

This whole situation reminds me Grammy 2015 with  Gaga/Barbra Streisand. Everyone thought Barbra was going to win, and yet she lost. 

But you know they have sympathy for Kesha after her case 

Arturo
2 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

I always expected these 2 noms. I just was hoping for a couple more. There are no general field acts in the pop categories, so I think it's anyone's game. It looked like it was Ed's to lose, but the nominations show he wasn't the favorite we all thought. Kelly Clarkson has no chance in pop solo, but the other 4 have about an shot at winning. Pop album is between Gaga and Sheeran.

And I have to say, everyone wanted urban representation or whatever the last few years. Well looking at Album of the Year, Bruno Mars is so winning that. He is a person of color, with an R&B/Soul album. Yet we all know certain people won't be happy with that result.

Agreed with everything in this post.

Hopefully he takes SOTY too. Not here for Julia or Alessia winning it.

TheRoof

those categories are aired in the ceremony so if gaga win something a discurss will be great :bon:

Remember yesterday when everyone was saying "Let's be grateful if she even receives a nomination". She's received TWO nominations and everyone is complaining about how she's "snubbed". 

Little Complainers. :unicorn:

"The only prisons that exist are ones we put each other in."

1 minute ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

those categories are aired in the ceremony so if gaga win something a discurss will be great :bon:

Not really. The big 4 are always televised. The rest depends on who is winning. For example, if Kelly Clarkson somehow wins Pop solo, they ain't televising that. If Imagine Dragons or Lana win pop album, they won't televise. They'll only televise if Ed, Gaga, Pink, or this year Kesha win. In fact, once they release which awards are being televised, you can pretty much predict who the winner is.

MarcusBones
6 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

I always expected these 2 noms. I just was hoping for a couple more. There are no general field acts in the pop categories, so I think it's anyone's game. It looked like it was Ed's to lose, but the nominations show he wasn't the favorite we all thought. Kelly Clarkson has no chance in pop solo, but the other 4 have about an shot at winning. Pop album is between Gaga and Sheeran.

And I have to say, everyone wanted urban representation or whatever the last few years. Well looking at Album of the Year, Bruno Mars is so winning that. He is a person of color, with an R&B/Soul album. Yet we all know certain people won't be happy with that result.

I think Kendrick will (and deserves) to win AOTY. DAMN is incredible.

IAmNotHere1997
2 minutes ago, EDP said:

Remember yesterday when everyone was saying "Let's be grateful if she even receives a nomination". She's received TWO nominations and everyone is complaining about how she's "snubbed". 

Little Complainers. :unicorn:

TEA :reductive:

Just now, MarcusBones said:

I think Kendrick will (and deserves) to win AOTY. DAMN is incredible.

Deserves? Yes. But most of his votes come from urban voters, who have 2 other albums to choose from. He is splitting votes from his own supporters.

• Haroon featured this topic
  • Haroon unfeatured this topic

Archived