💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Thoughts on Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)

Eggs

Featured Posts

I really think Highway Unicorn doesn't get enough love here. Whenever I see it mentioned on this cult site it's usually only within the context of broader discussions of BTW the album and even then it's often dismissed as a song that people skip. So I thought I'd just like to say how much I f*cking adore that song.

The bridge/coda is absolutely transcendent and one of the musical highpoints of Gaga's career so far. And the way it sells you camp, irreverent wackiness, arched-eyebrow irony, deadly serious philosophising and wild, joyous, emotional and creative abandon all wrapped up in a song that is at once parodic and reverential, trying too hard and completely effortless, to me, epitomises everything that Lady Gaga was trying to do in those first few years, and more broadly encapsulates everything that pop music can and should be.

Tl;dr: she ate it, sh*t on it, put it in a blender, gave birth to it etc.

Who else stans this masterpiece? And if you don't like it, why?

rumours

I just find the production to be very messy. It ruins the song for me tbh. 

Would be interested in hearing an acoustic version of it, though!

Pop Music

I redid highway unicorn and changed the lyrics to talk about discount and sales tax for a math project in 6th grade. I'm a junior in high school now and I still adore this track. One of the highlights of BTW for me :wub:

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

PopReaper

It's one of my Top 3 Gaga songs, might even be my #1. I usually love when she explores a more intense, rock-ish sound (PI is also one of my faves) so to me HU is just perfect. Also, the lyrics to me are the perfect representation of everything Gaga stands for as an artist and as a woman, I really love it and the imagery on it could've lent itself to a great music video.

A 10/10 tbh, I'll always love and defend that song :giveup:

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

People gawk when I tell them it’s my favorite. But it is, sorry ‘bout it. It actually carries a lot of meaning to me. This song truly captures the born this way theme

6 minutes ago, Rumours1977 said:

I just find the production to be very messy. It ruins the song for me tbh. 

Would be interested in hearing an acoustic version of it, though!

I can understand why people don't like the production. The mixing is a bit odd. But the fact that the song is so noisy is a bonus for me, the production for me captures the feel of the song so well.

I feel there quite a few songs from BTW and ARTPOP especially that suffer quite badly from overproduction, but this song is a deliberate exercise in excess and I think it really works.

I used to like it very much but after attensing the btwball i was so ibssesed with it :giveup: such an underrated bop

... and now i just sit in silence.

It's Legendary to me and is ALL Lady Gaga to the CORE :classy:

I Love it and stan it :firega:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

rumours
1 minute ago, Eggs said:

I can understand why people don't like the production. The mixing is a bit odd. But the fact that the song is so noisy is a bonus for me, the production for me captures the feel of the song so well.

I feel there quite a few songs from BTW and ARTPOP especially that suffer quite badly from overproduction, but this song is a deliberate exercise in excess and I think it really works.

I can see where you’re coming from. 

I guess we just have different musical tastes, which is fine. :hug:

Archived