music news

Younger Now era has ended

Bradley

Featured Posts

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
brit4ever

Considering the flop "Younger Now" was, I'm not surprised at all. I mean, it sold 45k SPS, that's the lowest sales for a major celebrity(that came from a realy successful era) like ever. + RCA is **** and treats it's artists realy bad(Britney, Xtina, Allicia Keys and etc.).

ItsTommyBitch

So sad. Malibu and Younger Now were so great, then the album was so lackluster :air: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

arrtpop

I'm going to get dragged for this so hard but to me this is the album of the year, and mileys best yet. I'm sad no more singles and no tour but if its what she wants then I respect it. as long as she's happy I don't care what happens.

aphrodite

That J
8 hours ago, WitnessEye said:

Eras are getting shorter because new pop music albums are flopping hard. Seems like pop is not a thing anymore. Just look at the Billboard 100. You can find latino and trap in top 10. It's so sad. Even Taylor's new album isnt succesful as her previous release (LWYMMD #1 3 wks RFI #4). I hope that next music year will do better.

This is really the talk worth having!  The quality of music is lacking, it's a bunch of same old same old and nothing/nobody is exciting anymore. I say this in general. One thing that used to be so fun about music was the mystique of the artist combined with a song and video that could give you chills. That is missing today and there really isn't alot of soul to it anymore. Its mechanical. Honestly I think around 2009 was the last time radio was exciting. Its just sad to me but I hope  for it to get better. It has to right? 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

moonsago

Miley annoys me so much, she released Malibu and then went on to say how much she loves the new music how it’s the best and trashed everything she did before and now that it didn’t do as well as expected she just abandons it and will most likely go back to doing what she did before and pretend nothing happened. It’s so ****ing superficial, she’s not an artist, anyone who does that is not a genuine artist. This is way Gaga and Katy have my respect, they try their hardest even though their albums were not a success, Katy is still pushing another single, still went on with BA video same with SS video. That’s what it means to actually love what you do and BELIEVE in what you create. Tired of all these phonies. And I’m tired of ‘buzz singles’ too. Next thing you know Selena is canceling her album ( wouldn’t be surprised if she did already and is making a new one, it’s probably why it’s taking so long for it to come out ). Eminem same with his Beyonce song, Demi will most likely pull the plug in this era soon too, Rihanna canceled the original Anti after releasing 2 songs, Ariana too after Focus. PHONIESSS. It didn’t used to be like this, everything is so messy nowadays.

arrtpop
2 minutes ago, moonsago said:

Miley annoys me so much, she released Malibu and then went on to say how much she loves the new music how it’s the best and trashed everything she did before and now that it didn’t do as well as expected she just abandons it and will most likely go back to doing what she did before and pretend nothing happened. It’s so ****ing superficial, she’s not an artist, anyone who does that is not a genuine artist. This is way Gaga and Katy have my respect, they try their hardest even though their albums were not a success, Katy is still pushing another single, still went on with BA video same with SS video. That’s what it means to actually love what you do and BELIEVE in what you create. Tired of all these phonies. And I’m tired of ‘buzz singles’ too. Next thing you know Selena is canceling her album ( wouldn’t be surprised if she did already and is making a new one, it’s probably why it’s taking so long for it to come out ). Eminem same with his Beyonce song, Demi will most likely pull the plug in this era soon too, Rihanna canceled the original Anti after releasing 2 songs, Ariana too after Focus. PHONIESSS. It didn’t used to be like this, everything is so messy nowadays.

just because she wants to move on from an era doesn't mean she's not an artist, its really not that deep :awkney:

aphrodite

moonsago
6 hours ago, Michaelandro said:

pop music as we know it is taking a back seat and it's a process that has been seen numerous times before, the cameleons like Bey and Riri will survive and the rest will rely on their fanbases, or they'll adapt too. I guess it happens every few yrs, pop music is kind of thrown in a pot and mixed with so much genres until it doesn't taste like pop anymore, then an act comes along and polishes it off...
giphy.gif

Took the words out of my mouth. Gaga brought pop back after the drought that happened during the mid 2000s, hopefully it won’t last as long as it lasted back then. I don’t even know who could bring it back though, there’s no sign of anybody right now and as for the pop girls that exist right now my only hope would still be Gaga. But that would literally mean for her to reinvent pop again like how she did with Just Dance, Poker Face and Bad Romance. Ain’t an easy thing to do but she’s literally my only hope. :giveup:

Michaelandro
2 hours ago, moonsago said:

Took the words out of my mouth. Gaga brought pop back after the drought that happened during the mid 2000s, hopefully it won’t last as long as it lasted back then. I don’t even know who could bring it back though, there’s no sign of anybody right now and as for the pop girls that exist right now my only hope would still be Gaga. But that would literally mean for her to reinvent pop again like how she did with Just Dance, Poker Face and Bad Romance. Ain’t an easy thing to do but she’s literally my only hope. :giveup:

Well I still believe in Gaga tbh. Either that or a new comer which I just don't see happening :madge:
But on the other hand the ambition that Stef had back in the day... that was really something... is it still there, we'll see.

The Child
3 hours ago, moonsago said:

Rihanna released 3 SINGLES before canceling the original Anti :selena:

2 hours ago, moonsago said:

oApL4.gif

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

NIghtmareElm

Miley might be close to being just a small artist.  Maybe that's her intent though.  Bangerz was a huge era.  It was her at her peak.  She even went on an arena tour that generally well loved.  Then Dead Pets happened.  It was like she tried topping everything she did during Bangerz but it came across as stupid and desperate.  The tour wasn't really that big.  Mostly just small theater shows that only a new artist would do or a has been artist.  Younger Now was like her trying to get back in touch with the public again but the problem is not a lot of people cared or paid attention.  Malibu only peaked at #10.  Younger Now wasn't in the top 10.  Those are really the only two good songs on the album.  The album peaked at only number 5 with no spark or talk.  

re di tutto
17 hours ago, Sirius094 said:

(altough this Era is less successful)

Reputation opened with 2 million copies worldwide becoming the biggest opening week of her entire career, LWYMMD spent 3 weeks at #1 on BB Hot 100, was one of the best selling singles of 2017 and broke the YouTube all time record. And her upcoming stadium tour is about to become her biggest tour and gross at least $300 million worldwide. If you are trying to clock, at least clock with receipts.

ignotus
20 hours ago, CrazyMonster said:

Oh I truly miss 2008-2009-2010-2011, those years had such long eras such as Loud, Teenage Dream, Born This Way, Femme Fatale and all :giveup:

them pop girls were such a massive force back then. i miss those days. :kara:

Archived