music news

Younger Now era has ended

Bradley

Featured Posts

Guest ARTPOPSlays
2 hours ago, FRANK1991 said:

her interview from Billboard, quite interesting:

Ā 

ā€œMy main concern isnā€™t radio,ā€ says Cyrus, whose ā€œWrecking Ballā€ spent three weeks at No. 1 in 2013. ā€œI truly donā€™t even listen to it.ā€

The new album is pretty singer-Ā­songwriter-y, no?

Yeah. But not granola. I donā€™t listen toĀ Ed SheeranĀ andĀ John MayerĀ and stuff.:tony::sharon:

Ā 

But I also love that newĀ KendrickĀ [Lamar] song [ā€œHumbleā€]: ā€œShow me somethinā€™ natural like ass with some stretch marks.ā€ I love that because itā€™s not ā€œCome sit on my ****, suck on my cock.ā€ I canā€™t listen to that anymore. Thatā€™s what pushed me out of the hip-hop scene a little. It was too muchĀ ā€œLamborghini, got my Rolex, got a girl on my cockā€ --Ā I am so not that.

But weā€™ve seen the way that Madonna and Lady Gaga get asked, ā€œIs this just another costume? Another phase?ā€

I think [MadonnaĀ andĀ Gaga] are Ā­enlightened. I Ā­****ing hate it when people canā€™t adjust. I used to [resist changing]. But I havenā€™t smoked weed in three weeks, which is the longest Iā€™ve ever [gone without it]. Iā€™m not doing drugs, Iā€™m not drinking, Iā€™m completely clean right now! That was just something that I wanted to do.

What does she mean by ā€œitā€™s not granolaā€?Ā 

Ā 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FRANK1991
8 minutes ago, ARTPOPSlays said:

What does she mean by ā€œitā€™s not granolaā€?Ā 

Ā 

no ideaĀ :wtfga:

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

Michaelandro

pop music as we know it is taking a back seat and it's a process that has been seen numerous times before, the cameleons like Bey and Riri will survive and the rest will rely on their fanbases, or they'll adapt too. I guess it happens every few yrs, pop music is kind of thrown in a pot and mixed with so much genres until it doesn't taste like pop anymore, then an act comes along and polishes it off...
giphy.gif

Guest ARTPOPSlays
7 minutes ago, FRANK1991 said:

no ideaĀ :wtfga:

l guess she likes to eat a lot of granolaĀ :poot:

Ā 

Edit: l looked it up and this is what it said:

An adjective used to describeĀ peopleĀ who are environmentally aware

Off the wall - 5 singles

Thriller - 7 singles

Bad - 9 singles

Dangerous - 9 singles

HIStory - 7 singles

BOTDF - 3 singles

Invincible - 3 singles

Ā 

Everyone following King's steps I seeĀ :poot:

It's actually disappointing to seeĀ as 'Younger Now' is probably Miley's best and most cohesiveĀ album so far. I'm not even a Miley stan or anything but I was intrigued to hear what the album as a whole would sound like -Ā It took me a while to get into it but I swear once I did, it was pretty damn good!

Apart from the singles these tracks are highlights from the entire album:

Bad Mood, Love Someone, She's Not Him, Thinkin', I Would Die For You

IT DESERVED BETTER.Ā 

giphy.gif

Ā 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

The problem is, pop stars tend to venture too far from their original brand. If youā€™re going to evolve, make sure itā€™s notĀ too far off course.Ā Ā Younger Now sounds nothing like Bangers. Bangers was a good, solid album. This album has no stand out tracks, and no single worthy tracks.Ā 

I mean Bangerz only had 3 singles, and the album before that had 2 (maybe just one radio single actually).

Shes never had a long album era.

BYE

MonsterOfSpain

Nooo! I need Bad Mood and Thinkin' to be singles. Miley can't pay dust to one of the best album released this year.

RAMROD

If she gets in too deep with that The Voice gig, she couldĀ face the same fate as XTine :(

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

RAMROD
Just now, Phlop said:

I mean Bangerz only had 3 singles, and the album before that had 2 (maybe just one radio single actually).

Shes never had a long album era.

Ā 

Bangerz had a tour tho, even Deadpetz have one albeit not worldwide but still, and it was a free to download album

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

elijahfan

Well, not sure if it had anything to do with some sort of "trend"... It's just that artists have an increasingly harder time selling records, and if a record doesn't sell there's no need dragging things on forever.

Archived